• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs Ireland (12/02/22)

When in Rome is clearly Gardeener's approach for the scrum. Not what you expect from a SH ref.

"Why are France favourites for the the tournament?"

Not the winning and losing of the game because I think France are physically in the ascendency but Carbery isn't a capable ten and Ireland are doing nothing with their possession. Gone are the pretty patterns in midfield. In are box kicks launched from 20 metres behind the ruck. That's the way Munster play and it's ******* poison.

All France now... Really looking forward to England playing there next month.
I hope they'll do a better job than Ireland have first half.

Would be 19 - 0 if not for an absolute shocker of a restart from France gifting a try.

Really didn't expect the power game of France to be this effective. Ireland normally dominate any game when it comes to rucks and dictating speed

Yeah commentary being very kind to Ireland outside of the restart try and that turn over near the French 22 it has been all one way traffic, Italy probably put up a better fight in the first half last week.

It's extremely noticeable how often our forwards are just taking it straight into contract instead of playing a little more. Must be a lack of trust in Carbery. I thought we were moving away from a reliance on Sexton but I guess not.

JGP is an absolutely dreadful box kicker. Think someone said it just before but we're just playing like Munster.