• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Wales vs France (22/02/20)

Apart from a few errors in the first half we probably looked better than we have done in a long while. Small margins and it could have been a 20 point victory imo.

You must be joking, surely? Mistake after mistake after mistake. France are definitely back, and some of the U20's Championship winners are making a real difference already. Having said that, I had a bad feeling about this 6N from a Wales perspective - too many injuries and the Ospreys in exceptionally terrible form.

France are showing some really good form in this Six Nations and i am over the moon with the 3 wins. I will only say they are back after they won the whole thing, but Galthié is doing something very special with this young squad.

Most of the time that pass from Tomokins goes to Tips with McNicholl outside and Wales score inder the posts. Ken Owens' pass isn't knocked on in the tackle and wales score another. Halfpenny barely ever misses a high ball, today it bounced to Fickou to canter in.

Sure there's tons to work on, but we created a lot today, especially towards the end. We were well ahead on the stats at half time, and the second half was mostly Wales', so I'd inagine we were well ahead. Defensively we looked decent today as well. One well taken try by France + a couple of opportunistic try's which are impossible to defend.

End of the first half was very dissapointing, as was the penalty in the scrum after a number of dominant ones. Some silly errors to cut out as well, but it was a far, far better performance than v Ireland, and a far better performance than the last few v's France as well. France didn't throw it away this time, but imo they were second best for most of the game and on another day Wales walk that game.

France are showing some really good form in this Six Nations and i am over the moon with the 3 wins. I will only say they are back after they won the whole thing, but Galthié is doing something very special with this young squad.

The french side of the last decade would never had won 3 in a row ... would never have beaten Wales in Wales that way... with 2 yellow cards even, at crucial moments... France won the match at the end of 1st half, when the defense at 14 against 15 denied Wales a promised try.

Most of the time that pass from Tomokins goes to Tips with McNicholl outside and Wales score inder the posts. Ken Owens' pass isn't knocked on in the tackle and wales score another. Halfpenny barely ever misses a high ball, today it bounced to Fickou to canter in.

Sure there's tons to work on, but we created a lot today, especially towards the end. We were well ahead on the stats at half time, and the second half was mostly Wales', so I'd inagine we were well ahead. Defensively we looked decent today as well. One well taken try by France + a couple of opportunistic try's which are impossible to defend.

End of the first half was very dissapointing, as was the penalty in the scrum after a number of dominant ones. Some silly errors to cut out as well, but it was a far, far better performance than v Ireland, and a far better performance than the last few v's France as well. France didn't throw it away this time, but imo they were second best for most of the game and on another day Wales walk that game.

If rugby was always a statistic game, france would have been world champion at least twice... Both teams put a great game on the pitch, and both deserved to win... I would say that French could have killed the match far before the end too, letting at least a try in first half and 2 in the second... I would fire Thomas from the team, he didn't bring anything and costed us alot in this match.

Wayne Pavic, new name Pathetic Pavic. Do we actually have a defence coach? Looks like the defence line is just Panic Pavic.

Didn't see too much wrong with our defense today. Got better as the game went on. Can't defend an intercept, and Adams prob at fault for Fikous try leaving the outside unmarked. Don't think France threatened the line once in the second half other than the intercept.

I bloody hope people don't turn on Pivac after only 3 games. Yes a loss at home is unfortunate, but there are signs of improvements and it'll take time to get everyone on the same page.

Well all I'll say is what a game. Superb from both teams. Biggar needs to smarten up though Sexton can be a cranky child but today was the worst I've seen from a 10 in terms of crying at a ref

Wayne Pavic, new name Pathetic Pavic. Do we actually have a defence coach? Looks like the defence line is just Panic Pavic.
**** me,is this a forum for Welsh hatred.Find some respect you pitiful pri1cks.Hard to want an Irish won but by Christ it is needed tomorrow.

Same

**** me,is this a forum for Welsh hatred.Find some respect you pitiful pri1cks.Hard to want an Irish won but by Christ it is needed tomorrow.
Eminem-Carson-1440522111.gif

Referring wasn't perfect, but for both sides. We deserve that victory.

I was with you most of the way @dullonien until
And now I'm wondering if you're Dan Biggar?

I probably went too far, but I'm certainly not seeing it as all doom and gloom. Some fine margins in that game, including one ridiculous referee decision to award France their final 3 points, not that I'm blaming the ref for the loss, thought he was OK on the whole given his inexperience.

It'a just that I saw a bunch of 50/50's that today went Frances way. Not referee ones, but things like the intercept, the knock on in the tackle, even that last turnover which could have been viewed as in from the side. The intercept was a 14 point swing alone, so I can easily see an alternative outcome where Wales win that game comfortably.

Only Ireland can stop the French now.

You shouldn't exagerate... I would say that now, only French can stop the Irish to win it, even if irish were to loose to England... France is NOT and by far favourite over Ireland... A good victory over England at home, an average team winning over Italy at home, a good match but abit lucky win in Wales, France is not yet the true favourite... I still place England, Wales and Ireland above France on the paper, but the gap is small right now... And France is surely the team with the greatest margin of improvements for the next years...

Didn't see too much wrong with our defense today. Got better as the game went on. Can't defend an intercept, and Adams prob at fault for Fikous try leaving the outside unmarked. Don't think France threatened the line once in the second half other than the intercept.

I bloody hope people don't turn on Pivac after only 3 games. Yes a loss at home is unfortunate, but there are signs of improvements and it'll take time to get everyone on the same page.

You're now coming over as a Biggar class of whinger. Wales were out played pure and simple and only a couple of contentious decisions I don't agree with made Wales look better than they were

Latest posts