• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: England vs. France (04/02/2017)

I thought England were somewhat poor in this game. Which worries me massively that they can still beat France who appeared to look reasonable.

If England play with any sort of continuity then I expect us to lose by more than 7.

I was impressed with your number 8 who I thought put in a good shift in the absence of Billy. We (Wales) haven't a single large 8 to rely on.

Home advantage can go a long way. Neither England nor Wales will be scared of each other based on last weekends games.

Not sure why you don't think Faletau is a reliable 8? He's not a bulldozer but he makes up for it around the field.
Bearing in mind I think we're going to lose to Ireland, we need to win this game or we'll be having our worst tournament finish since 2010! (how crazy is that?)
Unfortunately, Wales seem to intimately connect seeing white shirts with playing good rugby. I hope that doesn't happen this week

Home advantage can go a long way. Neither England nor Wales will be scared of each other based on last weekends games.

Not sure why you don't think Faletau is a reliable 8? He's not a bulldozer but he makes up for it around the field.
Bearing in mind I think we're going to lose to Ireland, we need to win this game or we'll be having our worst tournament finish since 2010! (how crazy is that?)
Unfortunately, Wales seem to intimately connect seeing white shirts with playing good rugby. I hope that doesn't happen this week

The main comfort for me is the last time we faced Wales we thrashed them convincingly. They then followed up out thrashing with 5 more, a poor set of internationals and now a poor opener against Italy. They have frequently shown themselves to be incapable of scoring against sides unless they are a man down and have not offered anything credible for a long time. England's game was a drastic step down and we know they can do better, Wales performance was the same as it has been for months.

I think Faletau is great, however we lack large carriers. So although he is very good, we need some balance as most of our players are versatile but not huge.

I think Faletau is great, however we lack large carriers. So although he is very good, we need some balance as most of our players are versatile but not huge.

Agreed, I thought the same myself when I realised how (relatively speaking) small Moriarty is. The carrying stats on Scrum.com for the Welsh back row didn't wow me. To be fair, I didn't compare this to any other figures.

Agreed, I thought the same myself when I realised how (relatively speaking) small Moriarty is. The carrying stats on Scrum.com for the Welsh back row didn't wow me. To be fair, I didn't compare this to any other figures.

Yeah, I also was a little surprised at the small yardage Moriarty made, as when watching him in the Autumn games he was the stand out player alongside Liam Williams.

Hey anyone had any luck finding the ENGLAND/FRANCE game streamed anywhere? All youtube uploads have been taken down, they seem to be clamping down hard at moment! I am in Germany and still haven't seen the game. So frustrating, I understand it wasn't much of a spectacle, but still want to see it ahead of the Wales game on Sat... Anyone managed to find it anywhere?

Hey anyone had any luck finding the ENGLAND/FRANCE game streamed anywhere? All youtube uploads have been taken down, they seem to be clamping down hard at moment! I am in Germany and still haven't seen the game. So frustrating, I understand it wasn't much of a spectacle, but still want to see it ahead of the Wales game on Sat... Anyone managed to find it anywhere?

You could also sign up for DAZN which has the rights for Germany and should have it on demand.

https://www.dazn.com/

Latest posts