• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: Scotland vs. England (06/02/2016)

It was still a penalty... Lacey is having the least bad game of his career here, I'll wait til all 80 mins are up before daring to say he was decent. Scotland should be ahead.

No! Only where it is deliberate is it a penalty and he could not have known that it was knocked on so, therefore, scrum!

I would agree with Moore that Cole should not have taken a chance!

Lacey is an appalling ref mainly because he is inconsistent and he has been that all right!

I am not sure that either side deserves to be ahead......and they have to learn to play with Lacey's inconsistency!!

Half-time thoughts

If England concede another 8 penalties in the next half, victory will be a lot more difficult than necessary. Bad discipline is what's keeping Scotland close. That said, if they'd been more clinical with their breaks, we could be well behind.

England's best player is Greig Laidlaw, whose doing more to rob the Scottish attacks of sting than any counter-rucking could.

Stuart Hogg is a lovely runner but twice he's got Scotland into real trouble, including that try. Speaking of which, Richie Gray's tackle, that was embarrassing.

Pleased to see some ambition from England but don't feel we're really doing it ball in hand, they're more dangerous than we are.

Steve Thompson just said he couldn't really see the difference between regimes and can't say I'd argue with that.

Decent enough match to watch but there's hints of a cripple fight about this. Here's hoping both sides get sharper through the championship.

The English line speed is very impressive. That, stupid mistakes and Laidlaw taking an age at the breakdown will ensure Scotland struggle to score double figures. Shame the endeavour deserves more.

**** poor stuff from England, no possession, no chance for the likes of Nowell and Watson to run, they look as disjointed as they did under Lancaster.

I think Haskells playing ok, been one of the better forwards. He's made several big hits on the gainline, bit unfair to say he's been anonymous. Yes he's not playing like a 7, but we all know he's not one!

Example of Lacey's lack of consistency....

Cole penalty for playing the ball after knock on, Scots knock it on at the line out and then play it In offside position, scrum to England!!!

Good try for Nowell and best bit of the match for England.....

Robshaw is not good enough

Neither he nor Haskell should play for England again! If England do not have anyone better than these two at getting to the breakdown and making turnovers, there is no future against the Welsh and Irish teams nor a properly selected French back row !

Latest posts