• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] New Zealand v Argentina in Christchurch (17/07/2015)

a bit worried Naholo will get painted in a bad light if they under perform, would have thought it only fair to put him outside a proven midfield or smith at 15

Finally the starting Pumas XV:

1- Marcos Ayerza
2- Agustín Creevy (c)
3- Ramiro Herrera
4- Manuel Carizza
5- Guido Petti
6- Juan Leguizamon
7- Juan Fernández Lobbe
8- Facundo Isa
9- Tomás Cubelli
10- Nicolás Sánchez
11- Santiago Cordero
12- Jerónimo De la Fuente
13- Marcelo Bosch
14- Horacio Agulla
15- Joaquín Tuculet

16- Julián Montoya
17- Lucas Noguera
18- Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
19- Benjamin Macome
20- Javier Ortega Desio
21- Martín Landajo
22- Santiago González Iglesias
23- Lucas González Amorosino

a bit worried Naholo will get painted in a bad light if they under perform, would have thought it only fair to put him outside a proven midfield or smith at 15

Exactly my thoughts. It's what happened to Hosea Gear last RWC, so they went with Guildford who was with the best team for the games leading up to the RWC.

I think its kinda good in a way they selected Dagg now. Atleast with some luck they can jettison at least one worthless player (theres a few) with a decent amount of time before the WC and give someone else a chance to get semi settled in. Wishful thinking I know....

We all know its more likely he'll still be there come the WC no matter what happens this weekend.

Strongest line up will play against Australia in Sydney for the first Bledisloe test. NZ will want to lock that it for another year. This year the priority will be in the following order RWC, Bledisloe then RC.

I think the team that takes on the field in South Africa will also be a bit experimental.

Yeah it is up to him to have a blinder, needs to make the most of what he gets and just be solid, I think he will be alright.

Whats with so many mediocre crusaders players.. Romano, Dagg, Todd, Ellis, Crotty and Crocket, get rid of them. I held out some hope that Hansen would have a change of heart and put Savea jr in the squad but he won't. He is the perfect guy to bring off the bench I reckon. I'd waaaay rather have him coming on with 20 to go than boring old Matt Todd who isn't dynamic at all and is more injury cover than impact player.

1- Marcos Ayerza
2- Agustín Creevy (c)
3- Ramiro Herrera
4- Manuel Carizza
5- Guido Petti
6- Juan Leguizamon
7- Juan Fernández Lobbe
8- Facundo Isa
9- Tomás Cubelli
10- Nicolás Sánchez
11- Santiago Cordero
13- Marcelo Bosch
14- Horacio Agulla
15- Joaquín Tuculet

16- Julián Montoya
17- Lucas Noguera
19- Benjamin Macome
20- Javier Ortega Desio
21- Martín Landajo

Apart from Agulla that's a pretty handy starting XV. If Argentina ever had a chance to beat NZ at home it'll be now with them fielding an experimental side.

I would still consider it a big upset but the mere fact I wouldn't be surprised to see Argentina turn over any of the SANZAR nations on a good day (along with having drawn with SA and beaten Aus already) just shows the improvements they've made under Hourcade and within the RC. I wonder how long it'll be before we have to expand SR again to accommodate another Argentine team.. probably not that long I'd wager.

Well I'm looking forward to this game. It'll be interesting to see how these 2 teams take this game on, as they will face each other in the opening game in the WC again.

All the world wants to see is NMS in an AB shirt :p This team clearly shows that Hansen see's these 4 games as purely WC build up games, so we may only see the best AB team out in the last 2 of the 4 rounds..
So like Kiwi said, this could be New Zealand's first loss the the Argies because of that, but i wouldnt wanna bet on it!

Its 8am GMT.

1- Marcos Ayerza
2- Agustín Creevy (c)
3- Ramiro Herrera
4- Manuel Carizza
5- Guido Petti
6- Juan Leguizamon
7- Juan Fernández Lobbe
8- Facundo Isa
9- Tomás Cubelli
10- Nicolás Sánchez
11- Santiago Cordero
13- Marcelo Bosch
14- Horacio Agulla
15- Joaquín Tuculet

16- Julián Montoya
17- Lucas Noguera
19- Benjamin Macome
20- Javier Ortega Desio
21- Martín Landajo

Considering Figallo and Montero are ruled out, I would say that only Lavannini, Hernandez and Imhoff are missing of the supposed starting XV. Who else??

I would love to see Camacho back, but i dont know how is he after some much inactivity.

Naholo will be fine. I just hope they utilize his strong running off the break down. He's great when he comes inside and he does a lot of work out off possession, a lot more than Savea.

I'm surprised they aren't wrapping Nonu in cotton wool for the WC, him and A Smith are key players.
I think the 10/12 axis could a bit stodgy- I hope Naholo gets some ball.

Whats with so many mediocre crusaders players.. Romano, Dagg, Todd, Ellis, Crotty and Crocket, get rid of them. I held out some hope that Hansen would have a change of heart and put Savea jr in the squad but he won't. He is the perfect guy to bring off the bench I reckon. I'd waaaay rather have him coming on with 20 to go than boring old Matt Todd who isn't dynamic at all and is more injury cover than impact player.

I don't have an issue with Crotty as such, while he is not Fekitoa like in his attack, he is damn solid and does little wrong, a good solid man to have in the midfield, not a starter but well blooded and more of a Mr Reliable.

Romano is a workhorse imo and again while not a star likes Whitelock and Retallick, he is a good solid performer, who is just as good as any of the other backup locks that are not injured.

Crockett is pretty average but world cup year will be hard to dislodge, I felt last year in the AB jersey was a bit step up for him and he did alright, certainly getting better with time.

Dagg and Ellis can go, can see why we persist with Ellis while Smith and TJP were rested, but now one is back, lets blood someone new.

Todd is just too bland, he offers nothing in terms of star quality, again he is pretty reliable and can slot in but he is not, Cane or Savea.

I think a few of the Crusaders(Crockett, Crotty,Todd) make it this year because they are the experienced defacto go to guys, hopefully next year it will change, we have some exciting players coming through.

All the world wants to see is NMS in an AB shirt :p This team clearly shows that Hansen see's these 4 games as purely WC build up games, so we may only see the best AB team out in the last 2 of the 4 rounds..
So like Kiwi said, this could be New Zealand's first loss the the Argies because of that, but i wouldnt wanna bet on it!

Its 8am GMT.

NMH is apparently still carrying an injury, so they are giving him a little more time; Hansen has said that he's going to try to give all of his squad a go if possible, and has also had more than a little influence in the Maori All Blacks V NZ BaaBaas positional selections, so he can manufacture who is matched up against who.

I'm not too worried about the playing personnel for this match against the Pumas, as long as the other players get their shot in the remaining matches; not too surprised to see C.Smith rested, as I see him as a player harder to replace than Nonu ... Fekitoa's skill set is closer to Nonu's than Smith's.

... Yes, Dagg is exceedingly lucky to get another shot, but I can understand Hansen's "he hasn't had much game time/hes been injured" argument as well

NMH is apparently still carrying an injury, so they are giving him a little more time; Hansen has said that he's going to try to give all of his squad a go if possible, and has also had more than a little influence in the Maori All Blacks V NZ BaaBaas positional selections, so he can manufacture who is matched up against who.

I'm not too worried about the playing personnel for this match against the Pumas, as long as the other players get their shot in the remaining matches; not too surprised to see C.Smith rested, as I see him as a player harder to replace than Nonu ... Fekitoa's skill set is closer to Nonu's than Smith's.

... Yes, Dagg is exceedingly lucky to get another shot, but I can understand Hansen's "he hasn't had much game time/hes been injured" argument as well

A lot of rugby pundits talk about game plans whether it be running/kicking/defensive or attack. Other posts talk about "would an All Black A or B team win the RWC"?

Dagg covers those questions and he has a huge clearance punt that is second to none should the flow or change of the game plan allow it. Yes Ben Smith is better at full back but drastic measures need drastic actions.

Dagg in my opinion is essential esp with clearance and catching the classic highball in his own 22 without panicking. Gotta remember that without Cruden there's a slight re-adjustment in defensive play with directional kicking on the back foot.

Latest posts