• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] France vs Wales (Round 3)

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
6Nations.jpg

France.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Wales.png

France vs Wales

Date: Saturday,
28 February 2015 - 18:00 CET (UTC+1)
Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)

Team Line-ups:
[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]France
[/TD]
[TD]vs[/TD]
[TD]Wales[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Brice Dulin[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Leigh Halfpenny[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Yoann Huget[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]George North[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Remi Lamerat[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Jonathan Davies[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wesley Fofana[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Jamie Roberts[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sofiane Guitoune[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Liam Williams[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Camille Lopez[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Dan Biggar[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Morgan Parra[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Rhys Webb[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Damien Chouly[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Taulupe Faletau[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bernard Le Roux[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Sam Warburton[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thierry Dusautoir[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Dan Lydiate[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Yoann Maestri[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Alun Wyn Jones[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Romain Taofifenua[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Luke Charteris[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rabbah Slimani[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Samson Lee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Guilhem Guirado[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Scott Baldwin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Eddy Ben Arous[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Gethin Jenkins[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Replacements[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Benjamin Kayser[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Richard Hibbard[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Vincent Debaty[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Paul James[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Uini Atonio[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Aaron Jarvis[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jocelino Suta[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Bradley Davies[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Loann Goujon[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Justin Tipuric[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sebastien Tillous-Borde[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Mike Phillips[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Remi Tales[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Rhys Priestland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mathieu Bastareaud[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]Scott Williams [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
I just think the physicality of the French backs can nullify Davies and Roberts, set Fofana loose and we can finally see some decent play from Les Bleus.

I think that France have the stronger pack, if they use Kayser their lineout shouldn't be poor either. I think Wales will have to go for the breakdown as it always seems to be France's weakness, Tipuric and Warburton would be devastating. If France stop Wales on the gainline than Lopez's boot should be better than it was against Ireland.

I just think the physicality of the French backs can nullify Davies and Roberts, set Fofana loose and we can finally see some decent play from Les Bleus.

in Fofana's case, do you tell him to run or do you just press the button?

That gave me a laugh alright!!!

That gave me a laugh alright!!!

I suppose you're right, neither have shown anything so far in this competition save for a blip against Scotland where I actually noticed Davies as he scored a try and Roberts played well in the second half.

Roberts should be in flying form considering he has yet to turn up in the league for his club. He must be raring to have a go. Imagine all that waiting...

Last edited:
Roberts should be in flying form considering he has yet to turn up in the league for his club. He must be raring to have a go. Imagine all that waiting...

Yeah, he was useless in the last Heineken cup game....

What's French for 'stop being a dick'?

Roberts was one of the players singled out for great form in his last club game before the 6N...

He's also looked decent for Wales the last two games. Not setting the world alight in attack, but he's not the kind of player who's likely to stand out if the team is not performing, his attacking excellence comes as part of a functioning system. However he's carried OK in my view, and his defence has been good, as ever.

I think this game will be interesting (I hope so, since I'm going to the game), both sides will know they need a win, and almost as importantly a big performance, and they've both showed flashes of what they are capable of. It's becoming a bit of a truism, but France's chance may well rest on a) whether PSA decides to pick Parra; or b( how soon he chooses to bring Parra on. As for Wales, at what point is Gatland finally going to decide Cuthbert is just total rubbish at the moment ... ? Is this the week?

Roberts was one of the players singled out for great form in his last club game before the 6N...

you're right that was just before the 6N what a coincidence

- - - Updated - - -

I think this game will be interesting (I hope so, since I'm going to the game), both sides will know they need a win, and almost as importantly a big performance, and they've both showed flashes of what they are capable of. It's becoming a bit of a truism, but France's chance may well rest on a) whether PSA decides to pick Parra; or b( how soon he chooses to bring Parra on.

I think it will be an endless barrel of laughs for many over here. They're our very own Harlem Globe Trotters and a great source of pisstake.

Another close game for Wales I think but I think they have enough quality to claim the points.

I have to support Wales because I'm going with my Welsh mate and I promised him I would (also I don't want him in a massive sulk when we're on the lash in Paris after), but with my Englishman's hat on, I want France to have their traditional One Good Game, otherwise I'll be worried they're saving it for Twickenham ...

In terms of who I think will win, it's too close to call. I'm going to go with Wales, just. Unless Parra starts.

He's also looked decent for Wales the last two games. Not setting the world alight in attack, but he's not the kind of player who's likely to stand out if the team is not performing, his attacking excellence comes as part of a functioning system. However he's carried OK in my view, and his defence has been good, as ever.

I think this game will be interesting (I hope so, since I'm going to the game), both sides will know they need a win, and almost as importantly a big performance, and they've both showed flashes of what they are capable of. It's becoming a bit of a truism, but France's chance may well rest on a) whether PSA decides to pick Parra; or b( how soon he chooses to bring Parra on. As for Wales, at what point is Gatland finally going to decide Cuthbert is just total rubbish at the moment ... ? Is this the week?

Really hope this is indeed the week that Cuthbert gets dropped - he's had enough chances and needs to prove himself at regionally before he can get back in. In my mind North is on thin ice too, though. Heck, part of me would be tempted to put Anscombe or Amos in there and have three fullbacks chasing across the park. It'll never happen but hey, fun to think about. Would also rather see Warburton and Tipuric rather than Lydiate, but Lydiate is doing OK too so not as big of a concern. In fact he might come into his own this weekend if he can cut down some of France's bigger forwards before they gain any momentum.

Looks like Parra isn't too likely to play, which may just swing things in Wales' favour. Either way think it's going to be a very, very close match. Possibly down to the last play! Expecting a near-identical Wales squad, with the exceptions of North and Lee, who should be in for Cuthbert and Jarvis.

What are the chances of BBBD getting called up for Wales?

Well the most important in our next match is : are we going to be able to keep the ball in hand ? Not talking about how long we will have the ball to use, no, all I'm saying is, are we going to takes our gloves off and keep the ball in our hands ! Soooo many knock on in 2 matches ... Awful !

I'm going to be mightily p***ed off if Cuthbert remains in the team and forces Liam Williams onto the bench again

Latest posts