• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 2: New Zealand vs. France (17/10/2015)

Not necessarily. I'm told they're preparing a white flag. Word has it, immediately following the singing of the national anthems, the French team are going to run off the field yelling 'wee wee wee wee wee wee' - as is French tradition.

Not even funny......there are many welcome statues and memorials around France to those who were murdered in the wars or died fighting for the Marquis undercover in France!

Your comment is archetypical and unnecessary.....no I am not French but respect those who gave their lives as much as the Poles, Norwegians and other nations!

Last edited:
Its sad about Woody but you're right, this may be the best thing that has happened to our front row for a long time. Woodcock has been a magnificent servant but he's too long in the tooth now for the very top level. He's got a couple of years left in him as as a top earner in English club rugby teaching them the trade. hee hee hee

Yeah, Woodcock has been past it since 2012. He came down to the Highlanders and our scrum turned to custard, he went up to the Blues and well, we all know what happened to their scrum and now he's been doing the same with the AB's.

He was once upon a time a great player and scrummager, but that was long ago. Nothing but respect for the guy, but I definiely have felt frustration at his on-going selection and Hansens inability to move on from Woodcock and put trust in the other talented LH's in the country.

Blessing in disguise.

I didnt start following rugby until 2009, so I didnt see the 2007 WC. In the lead up to that QF between France and NZ, had France also not produced a single result in the 4 years prior? Cos if they hadnt, then I might have some hope for France, otherwise theres just no way I can see NZ losing

Ill be going for France all the way but PSAs mind games and boring smash smash tactics will be nowhere near good enough to overcome the All Blacks. I cant wait to see the back of him

I can't see my beloved France winning this. I am really trying to see something, but apart from Michalak, and he needs to be on his game like never before, there isn't much else.

Not even funny......there are many welcome statues and memorials around France to those who were murdered in the wars or died fighting for the Marquis undercover in France!

Your comment is archetypical and unnecessary.....no I am not French but respect those who gave their lives as much as the Poles, Norwegians and other nations!

You're right. I'm sorry France.

The all blacks should beat France and beat them comfortably but this is a knockout world cup game. Anything can happen and new Zealand has seemed somewhat out of form so far this tournament. I still pick NZ but I think it will actually be close. NZ by 3-5 points

The all blacks should beat France and beat them comfortably but this is a knockout world cup game. Anything can happen and new Zealand has seemed somewhat out of form so far this tournament. I still pick NZ but I think it will actually be close. NZ by 3-5 points

I think NZ will either lose or absolutely obliterate France. I haven't seen NZ actually turn up to a game yet, so the question is; can they? If they can, France is doomed.

The All Blacks have not been out of form, they have whipped everyone put in front of them and they have done it without spending any considerable time in 2nd gear.
What we need is knockout rugby to see where we are.
Defence will be key, possession will be key, kicking the points on offer will be key and stretching the French will be key.
Our level of intensity and discipline must be on show for all to see and it must be maintained.

all the french posters on here surrendering is curling my toenails.

Remember, the battle of Hasting, you would have charged down the hill with all the fyrds, to be butchered by a fake routing army.
Not a single French poster is telling you the truth they all want the French to defeat the AB, the language on the forum, it's another story.

One of the strengths of the All Blacks these days it their ability to execute two game plans. They can see what the opposition throws at them in the 1st half, then we have a perfect bench to counter attack a lot of stratergies. I really can't see France pulling anything out off the hat here, the All Blacks are too well prepared and we have far too many old heads and game breakers to let anything silly happen.

"New Zealand have every right to be confident going into this game given their recent record against France and the fact that they have the most talented players in the world. However, something just isn't clicking right now. They aren't as impressive as they should be. The side that usually make the game of rugby look so easy are making far too many mistakes, and that was in the easy pool they had. Pushed close by Argentina, the Kiwi fans should probably be a bit more nervous than they are.

The French need a pick performance from the pack if they are to win. An unconvincing New Zealand scrum has to be the target, and from there the French can knock over the points from range, keeping it simple. Expect France to raise their game as usual against the Kiwis, but it has to be said that a clinical Kiwi performance, which we have yet to see this World Cup, would see off the French."

http://fourballsblog.blogspot.fr/2015/10/new-zealand-vs-france-rwc-quarter-final.html

I really don't think our scrum will be that poor come the knock out games. I really don't believe it.

One thing in the AB's favour is they have had 7 day turnaround compared to the French, who have only had 5 days (not counting the match days). That 2 days extra recovery and preparation could prove vital.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think our scrum will be that poor come the knock out games. I really don't believe it.

From what I've seen from the pool stages, the AB scrum and the number of turnovers against them has been the most surprising aspect of their poor play, rather than the handling errors, which can be fixed easily. If they improve on the scrum and breakdown, then ABs will just be fine. I just think the French will be up for this match, especially in these two aspects of the game. Should be a cracking match.

Well say Tony and thank you, you have one in every village even the smallest, and when you see the size of the village and the number of deads on the memorial, you can understand why we are always very angered by this coment, made by the US republicans btw after the dumb second war in iraq.(today since we know the truth about the weapons of mass destruction, this is even more stupid)
Those comments are always and cowardly made on forums, never in front of me.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I can't remember one time in the last 4 years when we have played 4 average/bad games in row. I think that we've been manipulating pool games to suit the style of game we want to play/practise. We will play a completely different style against the French - we'll compete a lot more at the breakdown and also kick more often for territory. We only need to fabricate and finish a few opportunities and we will be away. I hope we come out the blocks quick and make a statement. It's time for Utu for 2007.

I actually like how it's potentially France, South Africa, Australia for the cup. As a Kiwi those 3 sides all fire up a certain feeling and I think we will be 'on' from here on in.

It is very dangerous not to contest the breakdown against the top sides.The AB's thrive on quick ball. The opposition gets quick ball when the breakdown is not contested . The opposition contest the breakdown not just to effect turn overs but more importantly to slow the speed of the AB's attack. I sincerely hope we were just improving our tackling under pressure and this will not be attempted against the likes of the Boks & the wallabies !( sorry did I forget les bleus)

Guys, honestly, with what France has shown on Sunday (and since 2011), we have no chance. Simply no chance. We will do an average first half where we will defend well (like against Ireland) and then we will get smashed on the second one.

I would like to hope that the team has let go the match against Ireland on purpose and was planning to meet the Blacks from the start (as we do not like to play against Argentina at all)...but no, it would be too smart for a guy like PSA.

One thing in the AB's favour is they have had 7 day turnaround compared to the French, who have only had 5 days (not counting the match days). That 2 days extra recovery and preparation could prove vital.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've seen from the pool stages, the AB scrum and the number of turnovers against them has been the most surprising aspect of their poor play, rather than the handling errors, which can be fixed easily. If they improve on the scrum and breakdown, then ABs will just be fine. I just think the French will be up for this match, especially in these two aspects of the game. Should be a cracking match.

I cannot understand how they end up with isolated runners! The inclusion of moody will shore up the scrum. If the scrum and the breakdown issues are resolved . It will be very difficult to beat the AB's!

I just watched again a test match from 2013 against the blacks that we lost 19-26. It kinds of give me some hope lol... Not much else to go by than hope.

We'll only know if we mean business when the haka comes on. If there's a good old fashion French stand off then we'll be in for big game... if we just stand there and take it I think that will show we're pumped enough for the occasion.

Latest posts