• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: New Zealand vs. Georgia (02/10/2015)

I've taken my time to assess the situation and have been cautious before stamping my final judgement on this issue. But to me, Crockett should be starting our major games. Years ago, yep, maybe Woody would be the preferred option and the incumbent. But that is not the case for me now. He lacks the ferocity and aggression of Crockett and probably the pace as well. We do not want to be like South Africa and select someone because they did something amazing 4 years ago.

Owen Franks needs a rocket stuck up him as far as form goes. I still think after the WC we should heavily invest in Nepo Laulala. But as for right now, I think Franks is still the man for the KO games. Faumaina isn't our man for the scrums and I think we need someone a bit more physical at a World Cup, which Franks brings.

i agree with you... Woody is past his best, still solid enough but crockett is a better scrummager at the moment. I think the reason why the guys struggle against crockett is because of his length. Wyatt is almost 2m tall, freaken huge for tight head and this adds another dimension to the AB scrum

i agree with you... Woody is past his best, still solid enough but crockett is a better scrummager at the moment. I think the reason why the guys struggle against crockett is because of his length. Wyatt is almost 2m tall, freaken huge for tight head and this adds another dimension to the AB scrum

Anyone think NZ +60 is a good bet?

No Georgia will give them a decent game

I hope so... but it will be NZ first team against Georgia second team. I will not surprised if NZ won by the biggest 2015 RWC margin

Last edited:
Anyone think NZ +60 is a good bet?

I took a similar bet a week ago before the teams were announced so the start was 55.5. I reckon the ABs should do it. Also don't underestimate how much Gilbert Enoka's 200th match means to this team. He is hugely respected and I'm sure the ABs will want to put in their absolute best for him today.

That being said Georgia are no mugs and its a huge amount of points. A bit of luck is involved at these numbers, in particular how the ref manages things.

I actually bought a fe points and thats where most of my money went: ABs 47+

Interesting discussion about the props. It will be good to see how they go today! Hopefully they shine!

Last edited:

Latest posts