• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

obviously they have no brain to protect, but a kiwi will tell you it's because they're tough and grew up on a farm in the deep south :lol:

Head gear wont protect you brain its for pretty boys who want to protect their looks

Head gear wont protect you brain its for pretty boys who want to protect their looks

Yeah, what a bunch of poofs, little do they know a real Sheila loves a crooked nose and cauliflowered ears.

Rt3bQuD.jpg

Attachments

• Chris Jack.jpg
    Chris Jack.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yeah, what a bunch of poofs, little do they know a real Sheila loves a crooked nose and cauliflowered ears.

Rt3bQuD.jpg

That's given me some comfort to know that.Unfotunately my problem is I've got a cauliflowered nose and a crooked ear! Any hope?

But thank you for proving the old adage that you can never truly beat NZ, you can just score more points than than them [emoji6]
The saying is "the all blacks don't lose they just run out of time"

obviously they have no brain to protect, but a kiwi will tell you it's because they're tough and grew up on a farm in the deep south :lol:

Are you on the level mate?

Yes, I can see that you are. Its easy to tell when an Australian is levelling with you.... they dribble out of both sides of their mouth at the same time!

I think we need to select Messam so we have a serious Haka. Mealamu does an ok job but hes no Messam or Piri :(

I think we need to select Messam so we have a serious Haka. Mealamu does an ok job but hes no Messam or Piri :(

I'd rather Ben Smith lead the haka - than selecting a player in the team just to lead it..

I'd rather Ben Smith lead the haka - than selecting a player in the team just to lead it..

Does make you wonder who will lead it next year...

No Messam, no Mealamu, no McCaw. One of our three halfbacks perhaps? Maybe a guy like Ngatai if he makes the cut?

How about Aaron Smith? He's got the heritagea and seems to have the passion and energy to do it well. Not sure he cuts a scary enough figure though.

Does make you wonder who will lead it next year...

No Messam, no Mealamu, no McCaw. One of our three halfbacks perhaps? Maybe a guy like Ngatai if he makes the cut?

Possibly.

My favourite haka leader by a very long distance was Tana Umaga, so I'm not sure I really care if a Maori leads it if I'm honest - would make more sense to pick a guy who is regularly in the starting XV.

Serious question to the kiwi members of on here regarding the kiwi public: how do you expect people to react in the calamitous event that the Wallabies win? I remember reading in the past that people have turned pretty bitterly on the ABs upon their return, to the point where someone even spat at them after being knocked out of one RWC and another time when they had "losers" scrawled in red over their bags at the airport after another.

Given they're reigning champs, do you think people might take it a little better if they lose now?

Maybe you can get Quade back and let him run your Haka.

Serious question to the kiwi members of on here regarding the kiwi public: how do you expect people to react in the calamitous event that the Wallabies win? I remember reading in the past that people have turned pretty bitterly on the ABs upon their return, to the point where someone even spat at them after being knocked out of one RWC and another time when they had "losers" scrawled in red over their bags at the airport after another.

Given they're reigning champs, do you think people might take it a little better if they lose now?

There are always rabid OTT fans (i.e. idiots) in any country, and no doubt we have them and you have them too (you only have to read through some of the posts on G&GR to see what I mean). Real rugby fans will take it on the chin so long as there is not some horrible controversy like "that" forward pass or something like what happened in the Scotland v Aussie game.

Whichever team wins or loses, there is always going to be people on both sides who will scrutinise and dissect the circumstances of every marginal decision that didn't go their way, while at the same time ignoring and/or justifying every marginal decision that did. The reality is that unless there is some controversial cock-up by the officials, the winner will be decided by the players, not the officials, and they will win because they were the better team on the day.

If you think kiwis are bad losers, then you have never been to South America, where a soccer player was murder for scoring an own goal, and where referees are routinely physcially assaulted giving a penalty against the home team. We should count ourselves lucky!!!

Last edited:
There are always rabid OTT fans (i.e. idiots) in any country, and no doubt we have them and you have them too (you only have to read through some of the posts on G&GR to see what I mean). Real rugby fans will take it on the chin so long as there is not some horrible controversy like "that" forward pass or something like what happened in the Scotland v Aussie game.

Whichever team wins or loses, there is always going to be people on both sides who will scrutinise and dissect the circumstances of every marginal decision that didn't go their way, while at the same time ignoring and/or justifying every marginal decision that did. The reality is that unless there is some controversial cock-up by the officials, the winner will be decided by the players, not the officials, and they will win because they were the better team on the day.

If you think kiwis are bad losers, then you have never been to South America, where a soccer player was murder for scoring an own goal, and where referees are routinely physcially assaulted giving a penalty against the home team. We should count ourselves lucky!!!

I am actually on GGR and generally they all seem pretty reasonable from my experience. In fact their moderators are some of the more excessively litigious I've come across and while the debates personalities got a bit brutal during the McKenzie era they generally aren't what I'd call rabid.

That said, I wasn't having a go at NZ. It's not a reflection on the NZ population that people should be a bit mad and do nasty things, but rather the relative weight the sport holds in your country compared with ours. The Wallabies will get a heroes welcome no matter the result because very few people expected them to do as well as they have. But Rugby is ultimately a pretty small sport here, so people will cop them losing with disappointment but not take it too badly and will just turn their attention to the cricket or something. But in NZ the All Blacks are an intrinsic part of the national identity, so the stakes are necessarily higher and people's emotions pulled in further, which is why you get those reactions. So I was more just curious if the status of reigning champions had made the average Kiwi a tad more prosaic about the fortunes of the ABs.

But yes, neither country is like South America is with soccer and thankfully we're not likely to see an incident like the Colombian one you speak of due to our generally higher living standards and better infrastructure (poverty and organised crime plays its part in that sort of insanity).

Nope.

I am actually on GGR and generally they all seem pretty reasonable from my experience. In fact their moderators are some of the more excessively litigious I've come across and while the debates personalities got a bit brutal during the McKenzie era they generally aren't what I'd call rabid.

That said, I wasn't having a go at NZ. It's not a reflection on the NZ population that people should be a bit mad and do nasty things, but rather the relative weight the sport holds in your country compared with ours. The Wallabies will get a heroes welcome no matter the result because very few people expected them to do as well as they have. But Rugby is ultimately a pretty small sport here, so people will cop them losing with disappointment but not take it too badly and will just turn their attention to the cricket or something. But in NZ the All Blacks are an intrinsic part of the national identity, so the stakes are necessarily higher and people's emotions pulled in further, which is why you get those reactions. So I was more just curious if the status of reigning champions had made the average Kiwi a tad more prosaic about the fortunes of the ABs.

But yes, neither country is like South America is with soccer and thankfully we're not likely to see an incident like the Colombian one you speak of due to our generally higher living standards and better infrastructure (poverty and organised crime plays its part in that sort of insanity).

I'd expect most of us will take it a bit better than 2007 TBH ... I don't expect any of us would enjoy losing to you guys, but we'd get over it (it could be worse, I could still be living in Sydney) :)

I'd compare the reaction, to if you guys had lost the Cricket World Cup Final to us ... or guys were still heroes to many, even though they lost, so there's a similarity there.

Having said all of that, we are expecting to win, so yes we'll be ummn .... disappointed :)

Last edited:
@sanzar I tried GGR and every since they changed their rules of starting threads etc and their over zealous moderating I left, have been back a few times but find it too confining.
I am happy I have found this place as it opens up a more diverse range of rugby options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you on the level mate?

Yes, I can see that you are. Its easy to tell when an Australian is levelling with you.... they dribble out of both sides of their mouth at the same time!

C'mon Cooky, tell me you saw the smiley laughing face and knew categorically that I was taking the absolute ****

Nah, the public will be very welcoming if the ABs lose. The public welcomed back the ABs very well after the qf loss in 2007. The airport was full of supporters back then. They have made People be proud to be kiwis in the last 4 years. There will be disappointment for sure. And it will run deep for many for a while. People will be sad for guys like Richie and dan etc for not being able to go out as champs. I'd be more guttered for them as they have provided good memories for nzers.

The media will beat it up though big time.

I think people will know that ABs will still remain the best team in the world but there's a BUT...but cannot win world cups away from home. We may just have to deal with that for a bit longer. Time will tell.

Latest posts