• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 4: Australia vs. Scotland (18/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

Australia.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Scotland.png

Twickenham, London (18/10/2015, 20:00)
Quarter Final 4

Referee: Craig Joubert
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png

Last edited:
Scotland to smash it by 15!! Hooray!!!

Damn. Knew whisky on the cornflakes was a bad idea....

Could be the most one sided game in the 1/4's.Aus will take a chance and rest Folley, play the nr 10 that must not be named in front of any AB, and HE will lose it for them....Scotland to take it by 20.

I'm backing a return to form for some of our more potent backs in this one. The Wallabies will be a little knackered from their mammoth effort against Wales, but the Scots will be more than a little bruised after the Samoa match too.

Cheika has made it clear no one will be rested, but I'd like to see Speight get a crack on one of the wings just to add a bit more size and speed out there.

Really hard to see past Australia. I'd like to be wrong, but I can't envisage a realistic scenario in which Scotland win it.

Apart from Aus going down to 13 men for ten minutes and Scotland properly capitalising ...

There are no easy Quarter Finals, any of the 8 teams have a chance to progress. C'mon Wallabies!!

I'd love it if the brave blues could cause a huge upset here, but it's close to the realm of impossible, even given the recent record of 2 and 3 vs Australia, but with the world class game breakers Australia have, it's too hard for a bunch of hard working honest Scots.

28 - 10 Australia.

Scotland will put up a fight, but the Aussies will to much power and pace to the break down, will give Aussie backs a bit to much space.

Really hard to see past Australia. I'd like to be wrong, but I can't envisage a realistic scenario in which Scotland win it.

Apart from Aus going down to 13 men for ten minutes and Scotland properly capitalising ...

Ohhhhhh was that a dig?

I think there will be a strong possibility for an upset in the quarters, but I don't think this QF match will be it. Australia will be getting a bit fatigued, but they should have far too much fire power for Scotland if they manage to execute. If the Wallabies only had 1 or 2 backline threats then that would make life much easier for the Scottish. Unfortunately they abound with 'threats'. From Ashley-Cooper, Kuridrani, Foley, Giteau - any of them and others have the ability to win matches, or at least create an opportunity.

Actually, my little outsider bet will be going on France to beat NZ. I just have a feeling, no real reasoning behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure you can. It's the one where Scotland score more points than Australia.

This is what a lot of people are missing. To keep up with even remotely decent offense, the Wallabies are committing too many errors. If they play the same against any other team in this tournament, they will offer up so many penalty tries and yellow cards there won't be any Wallabies on the field.

Are Aus the biggest chance to reach both Semi's and Finals? It somewhat looks like it at this admittedly early stage.

Are Aus the biggest chance to reach both Semi's and Finals? It somewhat looks like it at this admittedly early stage.
That was always the light at the end of the group of death, a supposed easier run through the knockouts.

Avoiding both South Africa and New Zealand until the final, and arguably the easiest Qrt match-up.

See that Johnnie Gray and Ford have been cited for offences against Samoa .To be heard Wednesday .

Latest posts