• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

LOL ... Well ... if you got rid of Genia and Pocock, you'd the Wallabies would just about be an Australasian team anyway ... just saying ;)

well we are a multicultural nation :p and you forgot Moore, a Saudi Arabian with Irish parents. Poor kid must have suffered an identity crisis

HAHAHAHAHA I can't see this going down well. Someone from NZ is not going to understand satire and completely blow up

Kind of like some of the comments on articles from Sportbox.co.nz

To be fair most Kiwis would be happy to rename you guys to west island and let you fly our flag. :)

Haha, that's some funny stuff. I guess I've got to go back and read my history, but why are you guys different countries anyway? Seems like (at least to a North American ignorant of regional history), you have very similar colonial backgrounds, still part of the Commonwealth, etc. At least with us and Canada, we have very different reactions to British rule - we threw them out, whereas Canada kept them around at least for a while and in that regard is more like you guys.

Haha, that's some funny stuff. I guess I've got to go back and read my history, but why are you guys different countries anyway? Seems like (at least to a North American ignorant of regional history), you have very similar colonial backgrounds, still part of the Commonwealth, etc. At least with us and Canada, we have very different reactions to British rule - we threw them out, whereas Canada kept them around at least for a while and in that regard is more like you guys.

The Kiwis were invited to join the Federation, but ultimately it was decided that with NZ being so good at Rugby and Australia so good at cricket there'd be too much sporting domination by one country and therefore it was thought the two would be better off separate so that there's was at least the facade of sporting success being shared by different commonwealth countries.

One won its battle against the indigenous people, the other lost its battle against the indigenous people.

... also one is just full of bread stealing convicts.

Was said tongue in cheek... but historically accurate too.
Really? You guys have been banging that drum all thread.
Historically? Didnt you guys fight a war? Isnt there maori disillusioned with how things are and that all is not well between the indigenous and new kiwis?

But hey you do a traditional dance before your test matchs so all good [emoji57]

Really? You guys have been banging that drum all thread.
Historically? Didnt you guys fight a war? Isnt there maori disillusioned with how things are and that all is not well between the indigenous and new kiwis?

But hey you do a traditional dance before your test matchs so all good [emoji57]

Hey, don't go putting words in my mouth.

I know you are taking the **** but I have zero convict blood, you cannot call me a convict.

my ancestors chose to migrate to Australia to escape fascism.

I know you are taking the **** but I have zero convict blood, you cannot call me a convict.

Where did they come from?

- - - Updated - - -

You and certain other kiwis have brought it up. As such not putting words in your mouth

Didn't realise it'd already been bought up.

You put words in my mouth when you said "drum".

After over 200 years of almost constant immigration, the number of people with direct "convict ancestors" isn't actually that large... My dad's family came out from Ireland during the gold rush, while my mother came from Sweden for the warmer weather when she was 20 lol.

Where did they come from?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't realise it'd already been bought up.

You put words in my mouth when you said "drum".
Drum is a term. It means a few of you, Including yourself, have brought up the indigenous plight in oz.
So my comment was correct

At the risk of stating the completely obvious, even those who're descended from the original convicts have zero "convict blood". No-one is a convict due to ancestory and the inference is one of NZ & England's long-standing, ridiculous leg-pulling gags that we love to get a bite out of Aussies with. It's also obvious that it still works a bit.

At the risk of stating the completely obvious, even those who're descended from the original convicts have zero "convict blood". No-one is a convict due to ancestory and the inference is one of NZ & England's long-standing, ridiculous leg-pulling gags that we love to get a bite out of Aussies with. It's also obvious that it still works a bit.
Proud of the convict side.

How good would a ANZACs v the British Lions match have been? This could have been played this weekend - being Remembrance Sunday. Also pertinent being 100 years since Gallipoli.

How good would a ANZACs v the British Lions match have been? This could have been played this weekend - being Remembrance Sunday. Also pertinent being 100 years since Gallipoli.

Yes, I think the ALLZACs would have done pretty well against the mighty British Lions. ;)

Latest posts