• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

Miras

Academy Player
Country Flag
Poland
Club or Nation
New Zealand
vTRhZ65.png

New%20Zealand.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Australia.png

Twickenham, London (31/10/2015, 16:00)
The Final

Referee: Nigel Owens
23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So Excited!!

NZ injury free apparently!

Any news on OZ? Folau didnt look good v Arg - too much of a liability to start? I also fell asleep at the end of the Argentina semi did all the Ozzies come through OK? News on Sio and Pocock?

Key question in this game: How do NZ combat Pocock, Hooper and Fardy??? Is it simply a matter of committing more men to the breakdown (than the Sydney game)?? Does Vito get a start like Eden Park?? No doubt at all that Hansen and co. are schemeing about how to deal with this almighty challenge!!

Last edited:
I reckon Folau is injured. Can't seem him playing the full 80 or even close (but then again, what do I know?).

Going to be an insane match.

I can already see the Aussies coming out all hyped up as they do, sledging players and being the usual smart ass's acting like children who have had too much coke and lollies. Once that settles it's going to be tough and tense, Foley hasn't got such a strong boot on him, so I can still see us conceding in the penalty count, I just hope we don't give away too many idiotic penalties that we find ourselves in a tougher position than the Spring Bok game.

The Aussie defence will leak tries, unlike the Argentinians we finish breaks off. I am concerned about Pocock, we all know how good he is and he's capable of keeping them in the game, what makes this even more worrying is the current lack of form for Read, let's spare the niceties, he has been crap this year and doesn't look like he's going to be up for the final. Still, we're far superior all around the park and have a superior bench which will get us over the line at the end of the day. Not overly worried about the scrum, people **** on far too much about this area of the game.

NZ 24 - 20 Aus

I can already see the Aussies coming out all hyped up as they do, sledging players and being the usual smart ass's acting like children who have had too much coke and lollies. Once that settles it's going to be tough and tense, Foley hasn't got such a strong boot on him, so I can still see us conceding in the penalty coun

Yeah, because this forum has been replete with trash talking Aussies, and no Kiwi has ever shown a hint of arrogance or disrespect to anyone... oh wait.

You ought to go have a look over at Green & Gold Rugby's forum - hardly the cesspit of smart ass children and most are doing anything but talking up our chances. Meanwhile over here, we have proud and humble Kiwis like KW who routinely claim the Wallabies aren't capable of beating anyone and when they do win refuses to give them even the tiniest bit of credit.

Glass houses and all that...

How do NZ combat Pocock, Hooper and Fardy???

The answer is: McCaw, Kaino, Read.

Pumped for this game, hope all the Vets put in a vintage performance in their last game in a black jersey.i expect the team to spill their guts out there in their captains last game.
Key question in this game: How do NZ combat Pocock, Hooper and Fardy???
A few lines before the game should do the trick.

Let's try to keep this civil. For the first time in RWC history, Aus/NZ finally have the privilege of facing each other in a final. This in itself should be a celebration and for the good of the sport, shouldn't degenerate into a fanboy war.

I can already see the Aussies coming out all hyped up as they do, sledging players and being the usual smart ass's acting like children who have had too much coke and lollies. Once that settles it's going to be tough and tense, Foley hasn't got such a strong boot on him, so I can still see us conceding in the penalty count, I just hope we don't give away too many idiotic penalties that we find ourselves in a tougher position than the Spring Bok game.

The Aussie defence will leak tries, unlike the Argentinians we finish breaks off. I am concerned about Pocock, we all know how good he is and he's capable of keeping them in the game, what makes this even more worrying is the current lack of form for Read, let's spare the niceties, he has been crap this year and doesn't look like he's going to be up for the final. Still, we're far superior all around the park and have a superior bench which will get us over the line at the end of the day. Not overly worried about the scrum, people **** on far too much about this area of the game.

NZ 24 - 20 Aus
Did your wife run off with an aussie?? Seriously your starting to look pathetic/er

2011 semi showed how to deal with Pocock and nothings changed with him he uses the exact same technique and all that. Its just a matter of either avoiding him or making him the first tackler and clearing out properly. It really is not that difficult even though alot of teams have made it appear that way this year!

The big question mark for me is how much ball and possession the wallabies get. I really dont think they are going to beat us there in a crunch match like this.

NZ 24 - 20 Aus

I agree that the only player in the AB team who's form is a concern is Read. BUT, to be fair on him it is the superficial things that we are noticing about his game: His ball handling and perhaps his lack of explosive running. On the other hand he is actually doing a very good job with most if not all of his other core roles. In particular his lineouts have been imprssive, and his tackling, cleaning out, and general speed around the park has been good. If he could just tidy up some of his ball handling I'm not sure we would be having this coversation....at the very least our concerns would be less. I'm only saying this because with a guy like Read, ball handling could easily be something that will come back to him quite quickly. That being said if its a confidence issue then the problem is deeper. mmm, I'm not overly worried anyway. I reckon he comes good for the final!!

Yeah, because this forum has been replete with trash talking Aussies, and no Kiwi has ever shown a hint of arrogance or disrespect to anyone... oh wait.

You ought to go have a look over at Green & Gold Rugby's forum - hardly the cesspit of smart ass children and most are doing anything but talking up our chances. Meanwhile over here, we have proud and humble Kiwis like KW who routinely claim the Wallabies aren't capable of beating anyone and when they do win refuses to give them even the tiniest bit of credit.

Yep, some serious chips on a lot of kiwis shoulders on this forum. Don't want to feel the backlash if we lose...

I think it will be a really, really interesting game. I think referee interpretation on the breakdown could be vital.

fair call. As a fiercly proud AB supporter i find some of these AB fans comments embarrasing

Frankly i rate the aussie coaching team higher than the AB coaching staff. They are far more progressive and inventive in my mind. Our advantage is we have more depth in the 30 man squad.
Any kiwi who writes of the aussies has a very short memory, and yes, i know what the stats say on our history. however...

2011 semi showed how to deal with Pocock and nothings changed with him he uses the exact same technique and all that. Its just a matter of either avoiding him or making him the first tackler and clearing out properly. It really is not that difficult even though alot of teams have made it appear that way this year!

The big question mark for me is how much ball and possession the wallabies get. I really dont think they are going to beat us there in a crunch match like this.

In 2011 we didn't have the threat of hooper or Fardy. The Aussie Backrow is twice as good as it was 4 years ago. In saying that I still back our boys to dominate the breakdown and retain enough ball to win the game.

Here here to several comments from both Ozzies and Kiwis above. Might I suggest that we try our best to avoid turning this thread into a BS mud slinging contest and just focus on the rugby??

I dont think any of us get anything out of name calling and pathetic generalisations.

Should be a good match but NZ has to be favourites without a doubt. 3 losses in last 4 years show their dominance of rugby lately

Should be a good match but NZ has to be favourites without a doubt. 3 losses in last 4 years show their dominance of rugby lately

They are favourites but times are changing. This Australian side can beat the All Blacks and if McCaw & Co. take their eye off the game for a minute they will lose.

In 2011 we didn't have the threat of hooper or Fardy. The Aussie Backrow is twice as good as it was 4 years ago. In saying that I still back our boys to dominate the breakdown and retain enough ball to win the game.

EXACTLY!! All we had to deal with was a crappy OZ tight 5 and Samo and Elsom. This situation is a whole different kettle of fish. AND OZ have already demonstrated with these exact teams they can dominate us in the breakdown - i.e. Sydney!!

Latest posts