• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] New Zealand vs Argentina in Hamilton (07/09/2013)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
All Blacks

130902050354493462.jpg

vs

The Pumas

130902050355904431.png

Waikato Stadium

Capacity: 25.800

13090205004821910.jpg

Last edited:
what do you guys expect for that one ?
Anyone think Argentina can show the sort of resistance they have last year in this particular match-up situation ?
21-5 I believe, Argentina scored in the opening minutes but never added more to the board. NZ scored a couple tries in the last 15min...

Argentina's defense was fantastic.
I have no clue what to expect in the scrums anymore at this point.
It doesn't seem Argentina can deploy their backs this game, they'll play it dirty and grind-it-out.
Hope Lobbe's and co. are back...

Does anyone believe in this huge, huge upset here ?

what do you guys expect for that one ?
Anyone think Argentina can show the sort of resistance they have last year in this particular match-up situation ?
21-5 I believe, Argentina scored in the opening minutes but never added more to the board. NZ scored a couple tries in the last 15min...

Argentina's defense was fantastic.
I have no clue what to expect in the scrums anymore at this point.
It doesn't seem Argentina can deploy their backs this game, they'll play it dirty and grind-it-out.
Hope Lobbe's and co. are back...

It wasn't as great as many talk it up to be. The only reason they managed to keep it tighter than usual is because there was a windy storm overhead hurting the All Blacks handling and making Cruden's goal kicking a bit wayward in picking off the points won in penalties. If it was dry conditions then it would have probably been the same as the match in Argentina.

Also Lobbe and Albacete are still both injured. And nobody believes that the Pumas can make a huge, huge upset, and if they do then the bookies have massive odds of 34 for them.

Nah mate, I'd love to say I think this game will be competitive but I just can't see it at all.

The most interest for me will be seeing who plays 10 (Barrett/Carter) and 12 (Carter/Crotty/Saili) for the ABs and how well they and Luatua go.

I hope Argentina put up a good fight, no doubt they will because they are a bunch of bloody tough buggers, but I'm not sure the skills are there to trouble the ABs too much. Injuries not helping them either. They surprised the ABs a bit this time last year, but I think this year the ABs will be ready.

ABs by 20+ for me

ABWW..................All Black White Wash.........they have been down to Leroy Merlin and bought the biggest hammer they can find.

I would have saved the air fare had I been an Argie..........

I am usually unwilling to write off the Pumas, but this time, I don't think they have much of a chance.

AB's by 20+

Perhaps the Pumas can make a slightly better fist of it compared to their previous visits to Hamilton.

http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/match/23262.html
http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/match/24727.html

The margin of defeat depends a bit on the way the Pumas approach the game and the referee. They often concede a tonne of penalties and play a spoiling game as to avoid tries in an impossible to win match such as the 2011 game where Weepu got a large haul of kicks. They can get lucky such as last year where a windy rain storm made ball handling and place kicking hard, but if the referee is tough on their indiscretions from an early stage then it could be a real thrashing.

I expect Argentina to play the role of spoiler attack the rucks and halfback and give away penalties to slow all black ball down and keep the scoreline in check

should see Messam and Carter back and maybe Nonu Rested - Saili to get a test start. All Blacks should be in a good state after two games a week off and a couple weeks at home. Expect them to start hitting their straps so to speak, Even with two good wins over Aussie they still have many areas to improve. Lineouts and breakdowns in particular.

Also Lobbe and Albacete are still both injured. And nobody believes that the Pumas can make a huge, huge upset, and if they do then the bookies have massive odds of 34 for them.
Lobbe is ok now.

I think it'll be about 30-7 if we play good, 45-7 if we play bad

Last edited:
I am more than happy with just not being thrashed like against Boks... I am not sure if I could resist that again. The brightside is that this time they won't be any Vuvuzelas :)

I hope we at least show AB's that we're at the same level that this competition demands, and don't allow them to humiliate us so easily.

Lobbe is ok now.

Timely then, just as Senatore gets banned. Still could be rusty coming into this game though. A shame Albacete is still injured, I rate him as Argentina's most valuable and important player based on the gulf in quality between his replacements and the difference he makes to the set piece.

should see Messam and Carter back and maybe Nonu Rested - Saili to get a test start. .

Messam already rulled out bro.
Owen Franks out as well.
News on Carter out later today.

Apparently Carter and Barrett will both be avaiable and Nonu will be rested due to high ankle sprain. Makes you wonder whether they will start with Barrett at 10, have Carter on the bench to cover 10 and 12, and start one of the new lads, Crotty or Saili at 12?

Last edited:
It'll have to be Saili wont it?.. I mean, Crotty was only injury cover for Saili and Nonu isn't injured.. They're just resting him right?... I think the coaches should stick with their original plan of Carter being the first 2nd 5 back up and give Barrett the 1st 5 reigns..

It'll have to be Saili wont it?.. I mean, Crotty was only injury cover for Saili and Nonu isn't injured.. They're just resting him right?... I think the coaches should stick with their original plan of Carter being the first 2nd 5 back up and give Barrett the 1st 5 reigns..

Yup, it's looking more and more like it. I heard late last week that they were that others were preffered over Saili but the coaches now seem to be indicating Saili will start.... It'll be good to see how he goes, and it does look to be a good game to bring him in!

Nonu - well he's been playing injured for a while (ankle) so I guess they figure it would be a good chance to give him a week off.

Yeah and I agree, not just with the ankle but all the media speculation about where hes going to go and how much of a mental hold it has over him with no one wanting him.. It'll be contributing as well. I think he needs a week off BUT,.. surely you cant bring in Ryan Crotty again to cover him for injury when he's not really injured?
On Saili.. absolutely looking forward to seeing him in that 12 jersey..

Let´s go for the defensive bonus point! Am I too optimistic on that??!! anyway GO PUMAS!

Yeah and I agree, not just with the ankle but all the media speculation about where hes going to go and how much of a mental hold it has over him with no one wanting him.. It'll be contributing as well. I think he needs a week off BUT,.. surely you cant bring in Ryan Crotty again to cover him for injury when he's not really injured?
On Saili.. absolutely looking forward to seeing him in that 12 jersey..

Yeah not sure mate, it's a bit all over the place at the moment.

Remember neither Saili nor Crotty were in the original RC squad. Also not that BOTH Saili and Crotty have been brought back into the training squad for the match against Argentina (along with Slade, L Whitelock, Shields, Halai, and Ben Afeaki). So Crotty is a chance of playing.

I originally heard there were concerns over Saili's D and others were preferred (Crotty or Carter) but maybe his ITM form and a bit more time in the ABs camp has given him an edge over the others.

Here's the Argentinian team:

Martin Hernandez, Gonzalo Camacho, Marcelo Bosch, Santiago Fernández, Horacio Agulla, Nicolás Sánchez, Martín Landajo; Juan Manuel Leguizamón, Pablo Matera, Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe (c), Julio Farías Cabello, Manuel Carizza, Juan Figallo, Eusebio Guiñazú ,Marcos Ayerza. Reserves: Agustín Creevy, Nahuel Lobo, Juan Pablo Orlandi, Mariano Galarza, Benjamin Macome, Tomás Cubelli, , Felipe Contepomi, Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino.

4 changes to the team according to stuff - Lobbe in for Senatore, Carizza for Galarza, Juan Martin Hernandez replaces Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino, and Santiago Fernandez for Contepomi.

Latest posts