• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 TRC] New Zealand vs Australia

New Zealand must be sick of winning the Bledisloe….. Not.

NZ are still the best front runners in rugby but Australia were a joke. How they went into halftime behind was poor, 12 points behind was actually mind boggling. So wasteful in attack and gifted NZ needless opportunities.

Might as well retire it. Doubt Rugby Australia will stay afloat much longer. That crowd was 90% kiwis.
Agree with this. It should have been put out of its misery 5/6 years ago. At least 10/15 years ago, whilst NZ won it every year, the Wallabies were competitive in most of the games, especially in Australia. In the late 2000s Bledisloe Crowds in Aus were still pretty good. The gulf between the teams now is as big as it's ever been and I don't see it closing anytime soon.

Agree with this. It should have been put out of its misery 5/6 years ago. At least 10/15 years ago, whilst NZ won it every year, the Wallabies were competitive in most of the games, especially in Australia. In the late 2000s Bledisloe Crowds in Aus were still pretty good. The gulf between the teams now is as big as it's ever been and I don't see it closing anytime soon.
Commercially rugby is dead. We can't pay wages to keep our players local. We can, in theory, select our players from France and Japan but it doesn't really seem to work. Not enough continuity and at best a short term measure anyway.

We will stop producing rugby players shortly. The traditional schools in NSW have all been converted to AFL. Queensland still generates a few but when faced with the hundreds of millions the AFL pump into development its just a matter of time.

Bad news for NZ is that they are supposedly financially reliant on Aus (makes sense since its such a small country and so many of them live here). Demonstrated by the continued relevance of the Bledisloe to them (extremely one sided - most people younger than 30 wouldn't know what the Bledisloe is in Australia).

Might as well retire it. Doubt Rugby Australia will stay afloat much longer. That crowd was 90% kiwis.
I always thought every winning run comes to an end as well in sports. But looks like not in the Australia and the Bledisloe cups' case.

Commercially rugby is dead. We can't pay wages to keep our players local. We can, in theory, select our players from France and Japan but it doesn't really seem to work. Not enough continuity and at best a short term measure anyway.

We will stop producing rugby players shortly. The traditional schools in NSW have all been converted to AFL. Queensland still generates a few but when faced with the hundreds of millions the AFL pump into development its just a matter of time.

Bad news for NZ is that they are supposedly financially reliant on Aus (makes sense since its such a small country and so many of them live here). Demonstrated by the continued relevance of the Bledisloe to them (extremely one sided - most people younger than 30 wouldn't know what the Bledisloe is in Australia).
To be honest I don't think we are that far behind, the number of registered players is dwindling and public interest is not what it was.
Who knows an ANZAC team may be all we can produce in 10-20 years.

Bad news for NZ is that they are supposedly financially reliant on Aus
where's that come from? the last broadcasting deal famously has NZ with 4 times the value the Aus brought to the table...hence RA wanting an even split rather than just what they brought to the table...and that was before the silverlake deal

where's that come from? the last broadcasting deal famously has NZ with 4 times the value the Aus brought to the table...hence RA wanting an even split rather than just what they brought to the table...and that was before the silverlake deal
it's important to remember with Australia rugby that there are always 25,000 sealed indictments, JFK JR will come back to save Australian rugby, and the audits will prove that the Wallabies actually won the game.

anyway, on the game, lots of fun, i thought Aussies defence was actually really impressive for the first 60min

Scott Barrett with a MotM performance, that was the lock version of Carter v the Lions in 2005, position defining

We're definitely seeing what fozzie is aiming for for the RWC, almost the same team but playing different to last week, dont hate it, might even get us over the line

Poor aussies wrt to Alan alaalatoa (Alan and Michaels parents were taking the **** when choosing names) and tupou. Feel bad for alan, looks like no World Cup for him

aussies at times were making ground on us too easily. It's still a worry that our defence hasn't improved in that respect. In this game we were lucky enough that the wallabies would eventually make an error. But Ireland for example wouldnt let us off like that.

Their defence was certainly a lot better than it had been. And their carry clean game was pretty sharp at times, giving them nice clean ball.

I like that mounga is getting more involved. I liked what we were doing ti make ground in short spaces on the blind.

I think in the next game they still need to see more of roigard; they need to see finau and they need to see mcleod.

Surgery to his snapped Achilles - definitely no RWC for 7As. To think he bestowed a boomerang for the ABs as show of respect and he gets that in return.

it's important to remember with Australia rugby that there are always 25,000 sealed indictments, JFK JR will come back to save Australian rugby, and the audits will prove that the Wallabies actually won the game.
The ****?

might be better in one of these threads

been murmurs for a while, disappointing but they have only been sponsor for a few years, always rotate through sponsors so only looks bad given they other stuff going on

Latest posts