RWC 11 or Sidhe Rugby Challenge ?

• RWC 2011 HB

Votes: 80 10.3%
  • Sidhe Rugby Challenge

Votes: 418 53.8%
  • Both

Votes: 279 35.9%

• Total voters
going to buy both for 360 and take the player names positions and stats from the all blacks and wallabies on rugby challenge and edit the players on new zealand and australia on RWC 2011. Do the same but backwards with South Africa from RWC2011 to Rugby Challenge.

Ha, Ha , my thoughts exactly. But we still have to come up with somthing for the SA super Rugby teams:)

I will be purchasing both, and possibly both pc and ps3 for Rugby Challenge. To bad though, that the two publishing companies could not of made a deal, for exclusive international teams for Rugby 2011, and exlusive super rugby teams for Rugby challenge at least each game would of felt more complete, we would of had a real official world cup game and a real official super rugby game, now neither will be 90 to 100% player acurate. I guess game play is the most important, and hopefully the modding community can come up with somthing creative with the line ups. I will supporting both games and hopeing that in future ***les, full licence will be achieved by both camps, at least somthing similar to Fifa and pro evolution. I play both of these games when I get tired of one I play the other , they both have there strong points, and I imagine it will be the same for thes two rugby ***les. As soon as I know exact release date I will avertise as much that I can here in the US to get some added support in sales, even if we have to buy over seas, more sales = more rugby games:) So everyone if you can afford a ps3 or xbox, you can afford two rugby games over the course of say a year. I will do my part, I don't want to go another 4 years with out a new rugby game. Why don't the 2 companies come together and agree two alternate rugby game years:) Money and time for everyone = I wish it was that simple:)
Cheers and Salud

I have a feeling Rwc will win the gameplay fight. But will wait and see what the reviewers say, if rc has munster will be hard to ignore, guess as an irish/munster fan a lot depends on irfu rights

Both, because they both look good and I want them both to succeed.

I think the main reason I'm leaning towards RC is clubs and franchise. I mean in all the old rugby games I did the World Cup a couple of times, but most of my time was spent playing the world league over and over. RWC 2011 just seems like it would get boring quickly.

I think the main reason I'm leaning towards RC is clubs and franchise. I mean in all the old rugby games I did the World Cup a couple of times, but most of my time was spent playing the world league over and over. RWC 2011 just seems like it would get boring quickly.

I tend to agree with you..I have a neutral opinion on both games at this stage but, more features = more longevity end of story...online will be one thing that keeps the RWC game going aswell but RC also has that option. Its gonna come down to game play and I kinda know what HBs is gonna feel like so im excited to see Sidhes game play

I wouldnt hold my breath on sidhe coming up with a good rugby game, their rugby league games were pathetic, the gamplay was horrible. Atleast with HB you know that the gamplay is going to be top notch. I will be hiring out both games before i decide which one to buy.

Yeah theres so much rubbish flying around people sometimes need a dose of reality.

Yes rugby 08 wasnt perfect but it is the best rugby game ever made thus far.

You can see the good and the bad in that the lack of competition made that an easy crown to grab but it is hb that are the ***le holder, so to speak.

So it's down to rc to prove it can beat that, Rwc will move things forward but it cant please everyone, as the contradicting requests on here go to show - e.g some want heavy forwards emphasis, others just want to be able to whip quick ball and not bother with the rest etc.

There's so many ways you could interpret a rugby game there is room for rc to stake a claim gameplay wise but they have the bigger mountain to climb, hb have a good engine that can be improved, rc have nada before now.

i think im going to be geting both! esp as rugby challenge as mentioned and ps vita game. so i think it will be RWC on my ps3 and RC on my vita when i get it!

I'm hoping that both have top notch gameplay, but I agree that RWC will probably have the better gameplay, while features and clubs will be RC's strong suit. Regardless of features, I will probably end up playing the one with better gameplay, just online games.

Yeah theres so much rubbish flying around people sometimes need a dose of reality.

Yes rugby 08 wasnt perfect but it is the best rugby game ever made thus far.

You can see the good and the bad in that the lack of competition made that an easy crown to grab but it is hb that are the ***le holder, so to speak.

So it's down to rc to prove it can beat that, Rwc will move things forward but it cant please everyone, as the contradicting requests on here go to show - e.g some want heavy forwards emphasis, others just want to be able to whip quick ball and not bother with the rest etc.

There's so many ways you could interpret a rugby game there is room for rc to stake a claim gameplay wise but they have the bigger mountain to climb, hb have a good engine that can be improved, rc have nada before now.

As I have said before, I am happy for Sidhe to be considered the underdog with something to prove :)

As I have said before, I am happy for Sidhe to be considered the underdog with something to prove :)

Just as well, cos ye are!

I'm not saying that as a diss, I'm a munster fan, being underdog worked just fine or us in the heineken cup for about a decade!

As someone said elsewhere the flip side of hb's good, but not without it's flaws track record versus sidhe's clean slate is rc is a blank canvas no-one knows about gameplay wise, we've all had years of hb stuff so people are fantasising that it will heal all of their rugby 06/08 gripes. I think its quite probably impossible for rc to meet these spiralling expectations but if they give a strong alternative, fun version of a rugby game you can have a PES - fifa situ that there's two takes on the same sport that differ enough to appeal to different players for different reasons.

As someone said elsewhere the flip side of hb's good, but not without it's flaws track record versus sidhe's clean slate is rc is a blank canvas no-one knows about gameplay wise, we've all had years of hb stuff so people are fantasising that it will heal all of their rugby 06/08 gripes. I think its quite probably impossible for rc to meet these spiralling expectations but if they give a strong alternative, fun version of a rugby game you can have a PES - fifa situ that there's two takes on the same sport that differ enough to appeal to different players for different reasons.

Well, based on what HB Studios have revealed about gameplay so far, I think there are several aspects where the games are quite different. Combined with the differences in overall feel/presentation plus what is shaping up to be radically different content focuses, it is quite possible that the combination of both products will be very complementary.

This appears to be the opinion of people voting in the poll on this thread too, with the largest group of people looking to pick up both games. That is a result that I think both myself and probably Alastair are very happy about.

i think majority of people will be gettin both games.... not only that. just glad there's a platform set fo future Rugby video games. Looking forward to both games and also to what both sides are bringing in the future.

cheers Dave.

I'm gonna buy both, just cause im a gaming whore and rugby doesn't get the focus it should :p
Worryingly though is that went into my local game yesterday and they said that they "think" the game will be released around 6 nations (Rugby challenge). I know HES and SIDHE haven't released UK date, but suppliers really need to be a bit more clued on :p :p Cant wait to see what both have to offer :D

Greetings to all the people of Rugby.

I know how to give a release date of both games?

I'm getting both games no company is going to win just me the rugby fan ME ME ME I win when I hold them both in my hands HA HA HA!!!!:lol:

On the licenses... anyone know which international team licenses 'rugby challenge' have?? do they have ANY of the European international teams? i.e. the 6 nations teams?

i also hear that RWC doesnt have license for NZ / AUS ( so rugby challenge have these ones), but does anyone know if the gaming community can release / share patches for both games for likenesses and names? and for xbox

thanks

Latest posts