• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Glitch / Problem Thread

Had an issue 2 nights ago with an online match with me as Eng v SA...

Opponent crossed my 22 at the near touch and was met with a big wrap around tackle that brought both players and ball over the touch line (I think there was maybe only a foot or limb still on the field of play, so players models were not totally in touch but the ball certainly was).

Anyways, fully expected a lineout as did my opponent as there was a delayed attempt by both of us at trying to win the ensuing ruck. This led to the both sets of players (3 each) forming a ruck outside the field of play in addition to the half back moving into touch aswell to play the ball out.

No whistle was blown and the game carried on as normal when I won the ruck and played the ball infield again.

Not seen it before and not see it again... very strange.

Xbox360
Ethernet cable connection, 36mb BB
Game is patched to 1.01
Game hosted on Xbox Live

Last edited:
Hi guys
Yeah the same happens to me penalty thing. Don't let me get started on playing the game on hard this mode really is annoying you hardly win possession you can't do fancy moves the only way you win the ball is if they knock-on and sometimes when they knock-on the ref doesn't even blow the whistle. The minow teams in this mode can't do anything against the harder teams they get drilled. The opposition team kicks way to much doesn't feel like a accurate reflection of what a Rugby game should be. What team doesn't win possession in a Real Game even if they are a minow team. Get your AI right in your next patch 505 Games / HB Studios. Easy is cool, Medium is still manageable but hard is impossible. The rucks in hard are not fair at all how the cpu wins the ball all the time is beyond me if you play with a minow team. I'm a not a bad player at all but come on 505 Games / HB Studios how do you expect a minow team to win the World Cup in this game. They should be able to win more ball possession as at ruck time they have more players at break down but yet the opposition team wins the ball all the time really annoying. Oh and changing players sometimes doesn't even work. The only thing when you play against a minow team on hard the cpu which is the minow team all of a sudden gives you a hard time and kicks and drop goals a lot and never misses wow!!! Lineout glitch on hard mode you jump for the ball you win it then all of a sudden the opposition has it wow!!! Jedi powers I guess. I like the game it's fun on easy and medium but really hard is annoying. The best I have done so far on hard is losing 12 - 3 with USA vs England. The best I have done on hard with a stronger team is winning 3 - 0 with New Zealand against Romania and that was by luck i might add the minow team all of a sudden could play remarkable Rugby. Oh the tackling glitch on hard you make like 5 tackles in a row on the same player and the guy keeps running to the try line eish is a robot or something no hand offs or anything I would understand if he was Jonah Lomu but he aint. PLEASE FIX ALL THESE PROBLEMS SO WE ALL CAN ENJOY THIS GAME A LOT MORE MAKE IT A LOT MORE FAIR ESPECIALLY HARD MODE MAKE IT A BIT MORE NICER FOR THE MONOW TEAMS I KNOW IN REAL LIFE THEY HAVE A 30 percent off winng a game but how do you
505 Games / HB Studios expect us gamers to earn those hard trophies.

on hard it's worse it's one sided the opposition wins it all the time annoying

My complaints are for the PS3 please fix the hard mode thank you kindly

Hey if you guys want to have a more realistic experience lower all the players kicking power.It changes the game a lot,and makes it a lot more fun to play!It is going to take about 20 min but it is worth it! I have set the kicking power of the players who i think are good kickers to 78 and the rest of a point or two lower. It will mean that you won't be able to kick 55m penalty goals and it shortens your drop goal range a bit but i still manage to kick penalties between 40m and 50m.It create more counter attack oppertunities for you and the AI.

Last edited:
I bought a new XBox360 and have been playing RWC11 for two days with the patch.

-Five times I've been playing and have pressed some combination of buttons to get into a team selection window - but there is no way to exit the window and go back to them game. I've tried every button. This is not the _normal_ team selection window, where it's obvious how to exit, but a simplified version with no information on screen about how to exit back to the game.

-Game crashed twice when the ball was not in play while the camera was panning the crowd.

I've only managed to finish a match twice without a bug forcing me to restart the game.

PS3
Patch 1.01
Offline 2 player multiplayer (has happened in Single player)
Has happened on multiple occasions.

On defence when I've gone to use L2 to change player, it's changed to someone I didn't want, so I've tried again rapidly to get a better positioned player. Sometimes it'll work fine and keep moving through selectable player options, but sometimes it'll stop giving me anyone to choose at all if I was too quick in my first couple of presses.

Sometimes you need to be quick to do those presses or a try will happen, so having it sometimes lock up into having no option at all means your just left with AI defence until the next tackle.

This has happened to me about 6-7 times from the last 15-20 games.

Xbox360. Whatever team that I play as v comp. Grubber kicks/chip kicks that get intercepted/charged down by AI....advantage given to opposition!!! Surely cannot be a knock on as in real game, kick is usually performed before ball hits the ground.

Xbox 360...scrums. Now I must admit that I collapse my fair share of scrums...and suffer the consequences with resulting penalty. However...I play some scrums that collapse and it isn't me who initiate it (honest ref)...scrum re taken with opposition getting the put in. (or is this situation mauls)...one of em anyway.

I made a thread to tell people this but since this one is stickied i thought id stick it hear too ............. in the instruction manual it says hold L2 to GUARD , but its actually hold L1 to Guard ( not L2 ) .......... & for those that dont know, holding the Guard button ( when defending ) makes your guy always look at the ball carrier , so it can help defending on your own try line OR help line up a try saving tackle with the fullback Etc .

PS3
Patch 1.01
Offline 2 player multiplayer (has happened in Single player)
Has happened on multiple occasions.

On defence when I've gone to use L2 to change player, it's changed to someone I didn't want, so I've tried again rapidly to get a better positioned player. Sometimes it'll work fine and keep moving through selectable player options, but sometimes it'll stop giving me anyone to choose at all if I was too quick in my first couple of presses.

Sometimes you need to be quick to do those presses or a try will happen, so having it sometimes lock up into having no option at all means your just left with AI defence until the next tackle.

This has happened to me about 6-7 times from the last 15-20 games.

Samething happened to me, Xbox360, patch 1.01, offline 2 player

Any particularly vague (no format, no patch listing, no mode played, how many players etc), one-off bugs that no-one else has heard of from 1st time posters that just happen to tack on "this sucks I'm returning it" or "I'm returning this for Rugby Challenge" will be considered more than a little spurious and may find the forum trash bin.

Had one particularly ridiculous one recently.

Keep it real seems appropriate.

i play with namibia to try and unlock some trophies on ps network, if you win the game you only get 1 point and team that looses gets the 4 points. So its impossible to unlock all trophies !

Then also advantage last forever, even if you kick the ball you still have advantage.

If you run little bit over your try line and get tackled back its not a 5meter scrum but a 22 dropout !

When in defence and othet teams player kicks the ball you can still tackle him late without any penalty or yellow card !

IMAG0588.jpgIMAG0591.jpg

My .2 eurocents :
Xbox 360 version w/patch

Bug : I was playing france vs CPU Australia on medium - from behind view. SA fly-half kicks a high ball.

I run back with my n°8 (facing my own goal posts) and jump trying to catch the ball.

The catch fails so the ball bounce from the N°8 hands and is thrown towards my side, but the referee awards a scrum to the opposition for a knock-on.

Gameplay enhancement : Even when choosing the kick defence , most of the time the fullbacks or wings covering will fail to catch a ball into their 22 kicked from between the opposing 22 and 50 . While I'd expect a better coverage when choosing kick defence, it's not too bad.

My problem is that when this happens, 95% of the time there is no option to play a fast touch, even if the ball is still on the field, a player is nearby and the opposition is far away. This is quite irritating, unfair and irrealistic.

Yes I have found a slight glitch...HB THE GAME IS BROKEN!!!!

I have an x-box with patch installed. Three times it has crashed during the tour.

And just now...I am winning 51-20 in the world cup final, 78 minutes gone. Game crashes.

Very unhappy customer.

Yes I have found a slight glitch...HB THE GAME IS BROKEN!!!!

I have an x-box with patch installed. Three times it has crashed during the tour.

And just now...I am winning 51-20 in the world cup final, 78 minutes gone. Game crashes.

Very unhappy customer.

At which stage? During a game? What part of a game typically? The menus? Browsing stats? Making subs?

Hi C A Iverson...it happened in-game when I punted the ball out past the dead ball line. It was weird because just before the freeze happened, I was passing the ball down the line, my winger suddenly vanished as he caught the ball. The commentry continued as if he had the ball and was streaking away, but the camera panned into a scrum due to a previous knock on. After I passed the ball from the next scrum and kicked it out the game froze. It didn't go black, just froze on one frame as if someone had hit the pause button.

Other freezes took place in the middle of gameplay, with no obvious 'weird' behaviour before hand. Honestly I can't remember at what point it happened in the game, but it wasn't when subbing, or when navigating the menus. Definitely a glitch with the game, and a pretty serious one at that.

Last edited:
Hi C A Iverson...it happened in-game when I punted the ball out past the dead ball line. It was weird because just before the freeze happened, I was passing the ball down the line, my winger suddenly vanished as he caught the ball. The commentry continued as if he had the ball and was streaking away, but the camera panned into a scrum due to a previous knock on. After I passed the ball from the next scrum and kicked it out the game froze. It didn't go black, just froze on one frame as if someone had hit the pause button.

Other freezes took place in the middle of gameplay, with no obvious 'weird' behaviour before hand. Honestly I can't remember at what point it happened in the game, but it wasn't when subbing, or when navigating the menus. Definitely a glitch with the game, and a pretty serious one at that.

That's good stuff Scotsman. Wasn't trying to pick on you in particular, but those kind of things help the guys fix glitches and that's just the info they need. Thanks. :)

When playing online i seem to have had this problem 4/4 times trying to play online, the opposition will be offside and then it will come up with a stopclock which i assume will be asking me if i want to punt, run, kick etc. But the menu doesn't pop up and it leads to the game disconnecting after the 45 seconds of allocated time.

Sorry but while i don't mean to sound like i am rediculing, but i am.. Was this game not beta tested? it's quite a shambles really, which is a shame i had high hopes for this game.

Ok here's another glitch, i am in the final of the WC playing as RSA Vs IRE and i just scored a drop kick on the last min of the first half, the ball clearly went over the bar, and inside the bars, i have checked the replay but it wasn't a drop goal and i now go into the 2nd half 10-7 where as it should be 10-10 but my drop goal wasn't