• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

Had my first gracious loser last night - (me) Ireland 30 - 13 France (him). Was 20 - 3 up at one point, expected a quit and carried on. 2 of my tries came from quick taps with Eoin Reddan :D never usually score from them!
Messaged him afterwards, he just replies 'francais' so guessing he didn't speak english.

I had a good set of 4 matches against one guy. Lost to him as Japan, matched up again by coincidence, beat him as Ireland, then lost the invites as Ireland and Wales. He was France in all.

What an absolute waste of time online play is.

Get to 60 minutes, you're leading by 15 (ish) points. They quit.

#****off

Oh just like Fifa then... Why aren't you taking part in any of the leagues?

Can't be bothered, quitters have turned me off the game completely.

Fair enough...

You'll never claim your ***le again then...

Still the worlds best at Rugby 06 & 08. Nobody will ever take that away from me.

I have constantly had people disconnecting from my games, strangely it seems to be when i score a try. But i have messaged each person after and they all said it was them being disconnected from the game, not rage quitting. Why release a game that isn't working seriously? If anyone wants a game of RWC 2011 on the xbox 360, add me Prosinecki 8 and it would be nice to play a few games where hopefully it won't disconnect.

Hi guys,

As Glen has said elsewhere, we've finally seen the PS3 patch released in North America. This means that if you've observed a marked deterioration in the online experience over the past week, it may have been due to players of the digital version connecting against the retail version, one being patched and the other not being patched.

With today's patch release for the digital release, I anticipate those instances of disconnects will be resolved.

Not all disconnects will be solved by this, however, so as much information as you can provide about what was taking place at the time of disconnect will be useful to our team.

Thanks,
Alastair

I am one of those that bought the game from the US PSN store.

I must say I am really impressed with the patch.

I managed to play 3 out of 5 games without any disconnects yesterday and it made a considerable difference.

The 2 games that did disconnect had red/low connection bars so I am guessing that's the reason behind that.

Thanks HB! Appreciate all the effort!

Yeah, always try for a matchup with 5 bars.

Apologies it took so long to get the patch live for PSN. The delay was out of our hands, I'm afraid. Glad it's live now.

Not a problem AJ! Infact thanks for actually what I would call "fixing" the online! Now if you could only somehow create some sort of leaderboard or ranking system, we would be set :)

We need a rematch button!!!!

Come on guys this is basic online stuff!!!!

Rematch

rematch

rematch

rematch

rematch

rematch

rematch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got a decent internet connection and am loving lag free online play :D played about 6 full games today, and had one incomplete because of a quitter (kicked an early penalty then he quit :rolleyes:). Breezed through 1 29 - 0 as Australia vs France and another 31 - 0 as France vs South Africa. Had an epic game as Ireland vs Australia though! Went 14 - 0 up with tries from Bowe and O'Driscoll, then he came right back and I was 14 - 26 down with about 10 to go, got a try in the 78th minute with Wallace, had just about enough time for the kick off and then scored a last minute try with O'Driscoll and converted from right in front for an awesome 26 - 28 win :D had a couple of awesome games vs Angry Panda in the TRF League too - won the first one 10 - 7 then lost the second 21 - 14.

My Ps3 updates at 3:30 am I don't know it the patch has been installed automatically, I live in the
US and have not been able to connect online, I have fast internet connection and have connected with Rugby challenge. How do you know if the patch has been installed. I have the hard copy version I bought from mighty ape.
Cheers and Salud

Playing with Wales online, if I swap Stephen Jones with Jonathon Davies and then switch Hook and Jones, so that Jones @ 10 and Hook @ 12, the game always disconnects just as Hook is about to kick off! I thought it was a one off at first, but it's happened 5 times in a row now!

This game is desperate for a rematch option or even if it reminded you who you played against just so that you could be 'friends' and try again that way. It's also getting rather boring playing online because there's an obvious lack of teams to choose from and most people want to go a good side because they have no idea who they're up against.

As soon and the Leeds Man U game is over I'll be on so if you want to play hit me up. My xbox live tag is my member name here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had that Jones / Hook issue. Thought I was losing my mind...