• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

why no co-op online(you even ket the pads show up on the team choice)., would have been so easy to do.

At this stage it is difficult for us to determine how widespread the issues are. We have played games from Canada to France that have been fine on the PS3.
It is something that we are keeping an eye on but we honestly don't know how widespread it is. Our game is not hosted on servers, the game connects people peer to peer.

I understand the frustration but it seems that many people are not experiencing the same issues. The more information we can get from people who get these issues regularly such as their system setup, platform, reproduction rate etc. The more chance we have of trying to help you guys.

We would not have been able to release a game that had these sorts of issues. Our testing never resulted in us failing to connect to opponents.

The external variables as to why one person is having a hard time connecting versus the success of another person is the only way we have a chance of trying to resolve these issues.

As far as in game features are concerned it doesn't look like any research has been done as far as the rugby community goes.

Things like having a re-match button at the end are basic simple online features of all games. Also it would be nice if you could tweak a few more things like giving us a complete stadium choice when playing custom matches between friends.

Also it would be nice if you could tweak a few more things like giving us a complete stadium choice when playing custom matches between friends.

Hi guys,

As the Official Game of Rugby World Cup, the Online matches take place in our RWC venues.

Thanks,
A.

UK PS3 RWC2011 Players!!

Hey fellas,

I've had a couple of games against random people on RWC and it was fantastic, mainly because the connection was so good!

So, could any of you add me on your friends list if you fancy a game or two!

My PS3 name is miyagis-tash

Cheers

Lox

A Ranking System would be nice. I've been bashing people all day, that was nice. But now I would like to know, as a collective, where do I fit in skill wise in the world?

Same ranking system the IRB use will work nicely. Decimals can be used for finer distinction between players. http://www.irb.com/rankings/explain/index.html

Oh and yes, the REMATCH button should really be considered, and why does the game exit back to main screen after each game? Then I have to click on that page about the roster again and go back all the way.... shees

Also I think the ability to change the settings of the match should be available in quick match instead of only being able to play 5 min matches and not being able to choose the venue. And yes a good Ranking system is required or at least a way of keeping your win/loss record and having it on display.

On the Xbox with wireless dongle. Only played 1 game last night online. When choosing teams it had the full 5 bars but just as we both chose our teams it dropped to 2-3. The game ended up being very laggy with even the kick off taking a few seconds to recognise. I just kept it within touch, and when he had to kick out it went straight out probably because of the delay. Passes was slow, trying to do a long pass was impossible. But I won ENG 10 - 7 SA so all's well. I wanted to hold on to my 100% record so went back to playing SP lol

I know stupid eh. You win and then it takes you back to the main menu.

I totally agree with them not putting rankings or leader boards in the game , a tournament mode would of been nice but they are always tricks on player 2 player connection games ,
if there were leader boards and ranks you'd just end up with loads of tools always picking NZ and using any glitch they can find to win, leader boards ruin so many games IMO .

Hey fellas,

I've had a couple of games against random people on RWC and it was fantastic, mainly because the connection was so good!

So, could any of you add me on your friends list if you fancy a game or two!

My PS3 name is miyagis-tash

Cheers

Lox

I totally agree, i had about 20 online matches this morning , i had some laggy but most where smooth, and when its smooth and you play a decent opponent which there are quite a few of it seems, its awesome, just really really has a great feel of rugby about it,
& its a proper battle, stole the win a few times with a late drop goal .
proper enjoying this game .

Ill add you and see if our connections match up well , im in the UK and have a 15mbs connection .

My PSN ID is ZIPLOCK13

( im going to bed for a bit now though so i'll write ur ID down & add you when i get up )

I live in the UK and have a 15mbs wired connection, and am decent at the game

If anyone wants some decent games on the PS3 add me ...
PSN ID ....ZIPLOCK13

Played online, very laggy, but a good game against an English team, good game, 27-5 to me but he stuck in there for the whole game. On the subject of the lag, my ps3 gets a FAR slower connection on my broadband than laptop/iPad/phone etc. Anyone know a fix? PS feel free to ad me G-Leprechaun

If you have a wireless set up for your PS3 try wired, its much better, i used to do wireless but then i decided to just buy a 15-meter ethernet cable for £10 and it makes quite a bit of difference in online gaming .

Lost 3 of 3. Could've won one, but got tackled out just short, had a quitter when I was 25-0 up.

I havn't played online yet, just curious what's it like with playing long distance games (NZ-UK) ?? I remember playing RLL that used the peer to peer and when ever I played long distance games they were almost unplayable with the lag an all.

Please help. I am trying to get online to play but am getting the following when I click on Xbox live whilst in the menu "Your gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature"

Please help. I am trying to get online to play but am getting the following when I click on Xbox live whilst in the menu "Your gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature"
hey m8 , have you entered the 'game code' ? if not you need to go to this site address to get it .... heres the address >>> www.rwc2011game.com & on the 1st page you get on when you visit tht site it has a code tht unlocks 2011 RWC kits & unlocks online . so write that code down then load ur game & once its loaded it should ask you if you want to enter the code to unlock the kits & online , i think theres also a button in the game menu's that says 'enter code' so you can use tht to enter the code too..it tells you on page 4 or ur instruction manual tht you need to go to tht site to get the code .

Last edited:
Dear HB,Can you please speak to Playstation to sort out the random disconnections? Lag isn't the issue. Matches randomly end whether I'm winning or losing. Every other playstation game has no lag & no disconnection. FIFA & call of duty being the best examples.This must be rectified now. People have paid a lot of money for this game & it isn't delivering. Many people are already asking for a refund or putting their copy of the game on Ebay. HB's reputation is being severely damaged & a great percentage of the rugby viewing public are planning to get Rugby Challenge.

yeah co-op is fun
the two pads appear when you choose a side,but only 1 moves.
would have added something extra.
any chance of it being sorted?

Hey, had my first online games today. Jeez it was fun. Pity that it is all just quick matches. Would have loved to have som sort of league or tracking of progress or playing the full world cup. Must say, I kicked som serious ass tonight:D. Not bad for a rookie.

Latest posts