• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Blues vs. Stormers in Albany (03/05/2013)

Amazing a difference a year makes and change of coaches the blues last year would of capitulated in the first half against that stormers team. That was a great win even though the stormers werent at their best. De villiers was outstanding for them though.

Poor execution from the Stormers in many aspects, a few vital errors, and the territorial kicking in a game that was all about territory just not up to standard.
Blues defence against the Stormers forward ball-carriers was consistently excellent, especially at the end but throughout the entire game, I know it's a knee jerk reaction to say this but the Blues looked for more shaky in defense when we swung it wide, we should have picked up on this earlier, and changed tactics.

With respect I thought a few important calls were a bit dodge, line-out that led to the 15->18 penalty clearly off Ranger, and the two scrum penalties were seriously dubious that said credit to the Blues they defended brilliantly and their execution was better in terms of playing the territorial game.

Ouch this one hurts....
From a bias or not Stormers viewpoint I feel they had plenty opportunities to win this.
They didn't - FACT

The Stormers have to be the most arrogant team on this competition. Ive said it before and il say it again, players that love to fight shouldnt be in the Boks squad and the Stormers players are the ones that enjoy fighting the most from a south african point of view. We've seen like 5 fights already this game and i forgot how many last weekend against the Hurricanes, there were a lot of fights there too, or scuffles whatever u wanna call them!!

Prime Suspects:
1.Duane Vermualen
2.Eben Etzebeth
3.Deon Fourie
4.Riaan Elstardt
5.De Kock Steenkamp
6.Tiaan Liebenberg

IN that order too!!!

Had they the du Plessis brothers it would have been no 1 and 2 you one eyed plonker
4.Riaan Elstardt - shame, new player I suppose

Unfortunately I missed the 2nd half (bloody visitors ;) ), but it is great to see the Blues held on for the win!

Agreed i thought they missed loads of stuff both ways and saw a few things that never happened on multiple occasions was kinda weird.

Agreed. Think they missed stuff both ways. But there is no excuse for those lineout call clangers (both ways)

I should be really happy for the win - and I am - but my sympathy gene is kicking in again and I'm all "poor Jantjies, he must be feeling awful" :(

I should be really happy for the win - and I am - but my sympathy gene is kicking in again and I'm all "poor Jantjies, he must be feeling awful" :(
He shouldn't - that wasn't on him. It was a bit too far and the ball didn't come out quick enough or good enough.

He shouldn't - that wasn't on him. It was a bit too far and the ball didn't come out quick enough or good enough.

Well, that makes me feel better, although I still have de Allende to feel sorry for.:p I thought the kick was well within the drop goal range, but I suppose I got it wrong - I broke my glasses yesterday and spent the entirety of this game squinting at the TV.

It was a good 35m out - not an easy kick normally, let alone when you get a poor pass and have a bunch of forwards bearing down on you.

Dammit Darwin, stop being sociable and watch the rugby!

Being sociable wasn't by choice ;)

I thought the Blues loose trio was one of the major reasons for their win - is it me or does Luatua get better as the game goes on? The only real concern the Blues should have after that performance is their backline defense. Weepu was solid (if a big slow laterally), but Noakes is a complete liability on defense, Willison missed a few tackles, Francis Saili missed more tackles than I have seen him miss all season (2 misses resulted in de Villiers 2 tries), while Halai missed a few too (and looked a bit uncertain under the high ball). I think they need to focus on a lot of 1-on-1 tackling practice during the week!

Amazing a difference a year makes and change of coaches the blues last year would of capitulated in the first half against that stormers team. That was a great win even though the stormers werent at their best. De villiers was outstanding for them though.
Amazing defense? They conceded two tries scored nun? Difference was a place kicker not having a good day and a bad call by the assistant which proved to be the fatal blow. Who is on the attack? Stormers or Blues?

The Stormers have to be the most arrogant team on this competition. Ive said it before and il say it again, players that love to fight shouldnt be in the Boks squad and the Stormers players are the ones that enjoy fighting the most from a south african point of view. We've seen like 5 fights already this game and i forgot how many last weekend against the Hurricanes, there were a lot of fights there too, or scuffles whatever u wanna call them!!

Prime Suspects:
1.Duane Vermualen
2.Eben Etzebeth
3.Deon Fourie
4.Riaan Elstardt
5.De Kock Steenkamp
6.Tiaan Liebenberg

IN that order too!!!
Its not a game for pussies. Its a physical game. Take physical away from South Africa and you are left with nothing

Its not a game for pussies. Its a physical game. Take physical away from South Africa and you are left with nothing
Yes it is.

But it also isn't MMA. If you want that kind of action, there's a good fight card on the UFC; May 19. ;)
Otherwise, that shite needs to stay away from rugby.

Latest posts