• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Blues vs. Crusaders in Auckland (01/03/2013)

Wow ranger has been unreal these first two games.
Im beginning to think i should of taken those blues odds at 13 and over.

Halai!!!! Frank Halai with his 3rd try of the season. Blues are phenomenal on attack! They look nothing like the 2012 Blues team.

So far I havent seen this 'Halai and Moala cant turn and chase factor' being a factor at all. Crack up. Go Halai!!

Wow. Blues already going for the tries in stead of the 3 points. Blues are brimming with confidence!

Halai is absolutely amazing!!! Great chip by Noakes and Halai picks it from the air to add to his record. 2 tries in his first 2 SR games!!!

So far I havent seen this 'Halai and Moala cant turn and chase factor' being a factor at all. Crack up. Go Halai!!

That is because the Crusaders haven't had any ball....

Another try for Halai! Great kick by Noakes. Weepu finally nails another kick too. Blues completely dominating...

What a cracker of agame, Blues really impressing!

That is because the Crusaders haven't had any ball....

Another try for Halai! Great kick by Noakes. Weepu finally nails another kick too. Blues completely dominating...

You got to have the ball to make it a factor. People made it an issue last week, they aint speakin right now :) Wasnt even a factor as we can see.

As I said last week, Crusaders shouidnt be a problem for us. Game aint over but Im confident

You got to have the ball to make it a factor. People made it an issue last week, they aint speakin right now :) Wasnt even a factor as we can see.

As I said last week, Crusaders shouidnt be a problem for us. Game aint over but Im confident

Moala and Halai's weakness turning and chasing kicks - and under the high-ball - hasn't been exposed.....yet. That could be because they haven't been tested yet! If an opposition gets on top it could be completely different story. There are still 40 mins of this game to go in this match....

I think this game is far from over - the Blues have dominated, but the Crusaders have managed to keep themselves in the game. If the Crusaders continue to keep close it will be interesting to see how this young Blues side copes in the final 15 mins...

The Crusaders really need to focus on gaining some dominance up front, as they are a bit lateral in attack. Should be a interesting second half.

Last edited:
Moala and Halai's weakness turning and chasing kicks, and under the high-ball hasn't been exposed.....yet. That could be because they haven't been tested yet! If an opposition gets on top it could be completely different story. There are still 40 mins of this game to go.

Im sure they'll go well under the pressure of the high ball, I havent seen them slip up yet and hope not too. I dont think its a factor because the 'Saders arent really testing them tonight and I dont know the 'Saders to test back three with aerial assaults ever. I dont think its gonna be a factor for our champion wingers :) theyll rise to the occasion.

Haha, Sam's got his massive Blues love on.

They've played very well in the first half. Can't help but feel the Crusaders just aren't running deep enough. Carter's been very good in defense (a machine actually), but in attack he has't had much to do but shovel the ball on.

Im sure they'll go well under the pressure of the high ball, I havent seen them slip up yet and hope not too. I dont think its a factor because the 'Saders arent really testing them tonight and I dont know the 'Saders to test back three with aerial assaults ever. I dont think its gonna be a factor for our champion wingers :) theyll rise to the occasion.

I'm not sure they will go well - the reason it has been mentioned a bit is because they have both struggled with these aspects in the past! The Crusaders traditionally use quite a few high kicks - mainly box-kicks from Andy Ellis in defensive situations. For some reason today they have instead opted to use Tom Taylor for deeper clearing kicks.

In any case.... another 3 points for the Crusaders. 20-15 Blues.

EDIT: Geez Luatua has been impressive again...

Last edited:
The question needs to be asked: Why is Weepu kicking?

Noakes is a quality goal-kicker.....

Our kick and chase game is going great for us as Crusaders are patchy under the high ball.

Crusaders are back and I was wrong, I thought they wouldnt be a problem but...they're back, which is good for us and expected.

The question needs to be asked: Why is Weepu kicking?

Noakes is a quality goal-kicker.....

Noakes is also a quality miss tackler.
The question needs to be asked: Why arent the Saders running at him?

Our kick and chase game is going great for us as Crusaders are patchy under the high ball.

Crusaders are back and I was wrong, I thought they wouldnt be a problem but...they're back, which is good for us and expected.

Yep, there is a lot of confusion in the Crusaders back three. I suppose that is what happens when you play a 10 at fullback, a fullback on the wing, and a centre on the other wing!

Try Braid. Blues with a pretty handy lead now.

Crusaders wasting time trying to drive over the line and loses the ball eventually, lack of leadership there

Latest posts