• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Blues vs. Crusaders in Auckland (01/03/2013)

That Blues defense has been outstanding so far tonight...

Had a rough day, wasn't able to stay awake for the beginning of the match. My snoring kitty woke me up, so maybe I can catch these last ten or so with you all. Disappointed in the Crusaders at the moment, but maybe starting the season off on a bye has left them a bit rusty.

das

Maybe a try for Dagg here?

The Crusaders have been very lateral on attack tonight...

EDIT: No, Dagg penalised for not releasing. Big call by the TMO there!

Last edited:
How did the TMO style see that double movement?...that was amazing

Crusaders were robbed, and the Blues are on fire. Darnit. I shoulda stayed in bed. :p

das

Try Moala. Game over. Great win for the Blues!

Grats Blues and well deserved, a new era is NZ rugby starting perhaps

Crusaders were harshly done at the breakdown I thought, as well as Dagg's try obviously. But still a much deserved win for the Blues!

Another great NZ game to watch... Crusaders looked just as lame on attack, am I the only one who think's they're just too white?

Not awarding Dagg's try was terrible. It was so clear Dagg wasn't held, therefore he didn't have to release that ball. TMO's should be held accountable for that. Regardless, the Blues played a lot better and a deserved win.

Another great NZ game to watch... Crusaders looked just as lame on attack, am I the only one who think's they're just too white?

Well, they're about as white as they've always been and they've won 7 championships, but I get your drift. Seeing Adam Whitelock on the wing kill me - the guys has absolutely no worth there in attack. I'd have much preferred any other outside back the Saders have, especially someone like Veainu or McNicholl who has a bit of x-factor.

Not overly suprised with the result however. Besides Daniel Carter, Robbie Fruean and Israel Dagg - they didn't field anyone with any kind of attacking flair in the backline, and Fruean does as much wrong as he does right anyway, made 1 tackle that entire matched before he was subbed...

They never had the game for us to take from them my brother :)

Yes, we know that one. ;) Give 'em, time...just give 'em time. I predict this may be a good wake-up call for the Crusaders, realizing that with so many ABs on their side it's possible that they have been resting on their laurels and need to step up their game a bit. Or maybe they just needed some mental warming up for the new season. Whatever the case, I still think that the Crusaders have let their game slip, and from where I sit it feels more like it's due to a bit of over-confidence than any of lack of skill.

Anyways, I was talking about Dagg's try...Dagg was robbed. There can be no doubt about that...unless you're a TMO. ;)

das

Wow, the Crusaders definitely got harshly treated by Chris Pollock. And Im not just talking about the Dagg try which was disallowed. But since I'm on that, not even five minutes after that penalty, the blues had possession, player was tackled and got back up similar but not as good as Dagg did just minutes earlier and wasn't penalised. The shocking forward pass from Saili which lead to Rangers midfield bust and eventually to the try was very reminiscent of the infamous world cup forward pass between France and NZ.. Not the only forward pass that was missed though, there were a number of them. And then there was a couple little fumbles in the tackle that weren't picked up. Yet the officials caught ALL of the Crusaders fumbles, even the one where Weepu ripped the ball from Carter, yeah that's definitely a knock on.(WTF?!?) Even some of the Blues' breakdown contests were very punishable, I mean, yes Ranger got over the ball made the steal which was fine, the Crusaders didn't hold on from there, then Ranger went off his feet and held the ball up in the air, Ellis went over whilst on his feet to take the ball, Ranger didn't let go and the Crusaders got penalised for holding on. Big, big, BIG what the fu** moment. And there was the ruck where Read got penalised for not rolling out of the way. A blues player gets tackled by Read, Read rolls out to the side IMMEDIATELY, Matt Todd goes over the ball as Ranger has been doing ALL GAME, the Blues player doesn't release, Blues cavalry comes and forms a ruck and Todd releases. (Where as Ranger just kept holding on all game whenever a ruck formed simply because he got there first) Then all of a sudden, Pollock penalises Read for not rolling out of the ruck?!?!..... There was the ruck just before the Moala try if you watch closely, Faumuina joins the ruck from the Crusaders side of the ruck. Hey, he doesn't affect the play, BUT, it is the law. There was the collapse maul near the try line which went to the Blues as well, one of the locks joined from the Crusaders side of the maul which should have been penalised!...

Hey, dont get me wrong, the Blues played well. BUT when all these crap decisions keep going against you, it affects you mentally, and it seemed whenever Pollock got a chance to penalise the Crusaders he did, with the Blues, he didn't as much. And I feel, if the official was better at doing his job, we would've had a really different game.

Anyways, I was talking about Dagg's try...Dagg was robbed. There can be no doubt about that...unless you're a TMO.

OH I thought you said the Crusaders were robbed :).

I thought it was a try after one replay angle but the TMO makes the call in the end. If it makes you happy das, just add Daggs try and a conversion to the score and pretend it counts :)

Wow, the Crusaders definitely got harshly treated by Chris Pollock. And Im not just talking about the Dagg try which was disallowed. But since I'm on that, not even five minutes after that penalty, the blues had possession, player was tackled and got back up similar but not as good as Dagg did just minutes earlier and wasn't penalised. The shocking forward pass from Saili which lead to Rangers midfield bust and eventually to the try was very reminiscent of the infamous world cup forward pass between France and NZ.. Not the only forward pass that was missed though, there were a number of them. And then there was a couple little fumbles in the tackle that weren't picked up. Yet the officials caught ALL of the Crusaders fumbles, even the one where Weepu ripped the ball from Carter, yeah that's definitely a knock on.(WTF?!?) Even some of the Blues' breakdown contests were very punishable, I mean, yes Ranger got over the ball made the steal which was fine, the Crusaders didn't hold on from there, then Ranger went off his feet and held the ball up in the air, Ellis went over whilst on his feet to take the ball, Ranger didn't let go and the Crusaders got penalised for holding on. Big, big, BIG what the fu** moment. And there was the ruck where Read got penalised for not rolling out of the way. A blues player gets tackled by Read, Read rolls out to the side IMMEDIATELY, Matt Todd goes over the ball as Ranger has been doing ALL GAME, the Blues player doesn't release, Blues cavalry comes and forms a ruck and Todd releases. (Where as Ranger just kept holding on all game whenever a ruck formed simply because he got there first) Then all of a sudden, Pollock penalises Read for not rolling out of the ruck?!?!..... There was the ruck just before the Moala try if you watch closely, Faumuina joins the ruck from the Crusaders side of the ruck. Hey, he doesn't affect the play, BUT, it is the law. There was the collapse maul near the try line which went to the Blues as well, one of the locks joined from the Crusaders side of the maul which should have been penalised!...

Hey, dont get me wrong, the Blues played well. BUT when all these crap decisions keep going against you, it affects you mentally, and it seemed whenever Pollock got a chance to penalise the Crusaders he did, with the Blues, he didn't as much. And I feel, if the official was better at doing his job, we would've had a really different game.

THE REFF!! Here goes something no-ones brought up the reff!!!

THE REFF!! Here goes something no-ones brought up the reff!!!
Sam, you're a very respectful poster here bro. You are very rarely on the wrong side of the tracks.

But if you deny the affect Pollock had on this game, watch it again from another perspective other than a staunch Blues man.
And I will restrain myself from labelling you delusional. Because, these things did all happen.

Sam, you're a very respectful poster here bro. You are very rarely on the wrong side of the tracks.

But if you deny the affect Pollock had on this game, watch it again from another perspective other than a staunch Blues man.
And I will restrain myself from labelling you delusional. Because, these things did all happen.

Crusaders didnt have much luck with that but in the end the blues were waaaay to good tonight. I dont think you can argue even with the refs help the blues didnt deserve the win.

Crusaders after this game they are going to by fighting the canes for NZ wooden spoon imo. They were going on about how they've changed their plans to attack more like the chiefs and such teams but i didnt see any of that. They simply do not have the players for that type of game imo. They are better off sticking with their usual style until they find some better players.

When they used their forwards as they should of for the whole game they were looking quite ominious.

I will also add Todd Blackadder is looking like another Pat Lam to me out of his depth at this level. This game to me was like the blue's semi against the reds a few years ago where if the blues had backed their forwards they were in with a chance but tried to take the reds on in the backs to much and got caned.

Last edited:

It just seems a bit ridiculous that after that performance you write a massive post having a go at the referee. Not saying he was good or bad but he wasn't the difference out there. The Crusaders backs had absolutely nothing on attack. Dagg is a fullback and Taylor isn't.

OH I thought you said the Crusaders were robbed :).

I thought it was a try after one replay angle but the TMO makes the call in the end. If it makes you happy das, just add Daggs try and a conversion to the score and pretend it counts :)

:lol: I mean...
nonono.gif

;)

das

Latest posts