• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Blues - Stormers in Auckland (20-05-2011)

Any word on what the expected crowd attendance for this Match of the Round?

Jeezz awesome step from Brett for that try. Didnt know he had that, though dont watch the blues much. Needs to sort out some of his kickign from hand in this game though.

Ali Williams is everywhere! Incredible hit on Habana as well just now.

Stormers do look dangerous but they're too determined to run it and in doing so they seem abit too edgy in the backs, forcing it too much. I think they will score tries though

Well, Cronje seems to be out for the rest of the match. Who will come on for the fly half position? Koster? Duvenhage? Maybe Aplon moving there or Jantjes...

Right call for that yellow, repeated infringements at the breakdowns which were just slowing down the ball that the blues would have

I'm really surprised to see the Blues are starting to run away with this game.
I thought it would be closer than this. Hence the reason i bet for a slim blues victory....and hence the reason it looks like i'm gonna be losing my money.
Some ugly weather out there tonight. And ANOTHER head clash. Head clashes seem to be the theme of the season.

It's a battlefield at Eden Park. Unbelievable. Such a physical match and the SA team is suffering the most

I'm really surprised to see the Blues are starting to run away with this game.
I thought it would be closer than this. Hence the reason i bet for a slim blues victory....and hence the reason it looks like i'm gonna be losing my money.
Some ugly weather out there tonight. And ANOTHER head clash. Head clashes seem to be the theme of the season.

Definitely, I think theres just been not too much control at the breakdown, ball keeps spilling out on both sides so neither team has really built that many phases and put gameplans into action. Instead its been down to counter-attacking and penalties and the Stormers have been infringing abit at the breakdown. Impressed with the blues 10 - 13.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a battle of attrition out there tonight.
Not a bad first half, but Joe Rococoko is as impotent and as clumsy as he has been all season. He's not on his own there tho. The other once-great winger Bryan Habana has been just as clumsy and pointless on that field.
It's a real shame to see these guys achieving so very little game-in game-out.

But on a positive note I saw Stephen Brett do the first good thing for the Blues in a LONG time and to his credit it was to set up a try for Alby. Then he went back to some awful kicking from the boot again.

The commentators said the Stormers aren’t really good at playing catch up rugby I really hope they can close the gap and go on and win this in the second half. It’s going to be very tough the Blues looks up for the challenge. :(<O:p</O:p

The Stormers struggle when they are behind. They hardly ever manage to turn it around when they are. When looking at the players on the teamsheets, it should have been a much more entertaining match. If we would have had a match 3 years ago with Habana and Rokocoko, it would be a cracker

Both teams have their fare share of lineout problems.

Some great hands from the blues backs there but im not so sure about those little kicks through...Habana and Aplon have too much pace and are good covering defenders

Finally the first try for the Stormers but I think it won't be enough

Juan de Jongh (sp?) didn't really look like he needed to do all that much for that try. He should never have been allowed to reach the try line, but the tackles were falling off the stormers.

The Blues look knackered here as stormers come strongly straight after receiving the kick off from their try!
Ok, i'm in the money with my bet if the scoreline stays as it is...something tells me with 20 mins left it won't be that easy for me.

I heard rene Rangers name, where the hell has he been all night? Surely he didn't start!
Holy crap, ANOTHER try as i'm typing this.
Have the Blues NOT been doing any fitness training recently?!
They're out on their feet here!!!

Amazing! Just 5 minutes after I stop watching and log on to rant. LOL. Hopefullt they can turn it around.

I shall continue to stop watching and won't even check updates till 12h00!!

Those missed kicks.... could be costly.

Last edited:
Okay, I did not expect that... A second try for the Stormers in mere minutes!!! This time it's the other center, Sadie

Latest posts