• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Pacific (2024)

Final: Fijian Drua 31 Western Force 13

1711865793547.png have won 3 of their last 4 matches.

Last edited:
Final: Fijian Drua 31 Western Force 13

View attachment 19465 have won 3 of their last 4 matches.
Played 3 of their last 4 matches in Fiji. Makes a huge difference. High temperatures, high humidity. The rain yesterday was atrocious. The field equally so. Don't think there's too many away teams that have won.

Interesting last few rounds, Saders finally off the mark, and Johnny Mchnicol looked like a new man, smile on his face, he looked talented, solid and led players around him. What a turn around!

Patchell was bang average again, hes not being trusted with kicking duties, hes a 30 yr old fly half who doesnt like responsibility apparently, and hes used as a wider ball playing utility play... at 10 lol

The intercept was a set play they scored against Drua or Blues in early rounds, but it was telegraphed he shouldnt have thrown it!

7/10 early few rounds, but 5/10 as hes progressing.

Canes looked good last week, and this season... some of the stuff they're playing is fantastic!

Disappointed in Drua this morning.

3 losses in a row and a bye...Highlanders still in the play offs....8 team play offs in a 12 team league is a bit of joke

in fairness to patchell @dirty harry....last couple of seasons Gilbert was kicking around 95%...that might have had something to do with his doing the kicking this year....and his double round to feed the wider players has created a couple of great tries.....so whilst he needs to do better (on defence for example).....not sure those are the big points you think they are

1712530147396.png1712530115576.png

3 losses in a row and a bye...Highlanders still in the play offs....8 team play offs in a 12 team league is a bit of joke

in fairness to patchell @dirty harry....last couple of seasons Gilbert was kicking around 95%...that might have had something to do with his doing the kicking this year....and his double round to feed the wider players has created a couple of great tries.....so whilst he needs to do better (on defence for example).....not sure those are the big points you think they are

View attachment 19586View attachment 19585
I mean, he isnt kicking out of hand, and also isnt being used as a first receiver mostly, especially on first phase. I get hes new there, but if your bringing a 10 in, you have to trust him, hes almost playing like a ball playing 12.5, a James hook non positional role.

Would you rate his last 2 performance more than 5/10?

Defensively he is being hidden, but is not doing a s bad as I thought he would in the wild wild south. In the structured north he isnt a good defender, I thought hed be torn to peices but hes holding his own in an average defence.

I mean, he isnt kicking out of hand, and also isnt being used as a first receiver mostly, especially on first phase. I get hes new there, but if your bringing a 10 in, you have to trust him, hes almost playing like a ball playing 12.5, a James hook non positional role.

Would you rate his last 2 performance more than 5/10?

Defensively he is being hidden, but is not doing a s bad as I thought he would in the wild wild south. In the structured north he isnt a good defender, I thought hed be torn to peices but hes holding his own in an average defence.
i watch all the highlander games and i dont agree with that, unless we're hitting a forward pod he is normally first receiver

last 2 games haven't been good but the two or three before that were 7/10 with moments of 8/10 (try set ups)...given he's just a stop gap until Ajay can be blooded....im happy enough

i watch all the highlander games and i dont agree with that, unless we're hitting a forward pod he is normally first receiver

last 2 games haven't been good but the two or three before that were 7/10 with moments of 8/10 (try set ups)...given he's just a stop gap until Ajay can be blooded....im happy enough
So your arguing against my assessment, but agreeing with it too lol.

Early on 7/10 last few games 5/10

So your arguing against my assessment, but agreeing with it too lol.

Early on 7/10 last few games 5/10
im arguing about how you see him being used and whilst agree the last couple of games havent been good, you dont write someone off on two games, we're also the highlanders...not the ABs, critiquing our players is hardly stunning insite or award winning investigative journalism

View attachment 19586View attachment 19585
I agree that 8 teams out of 12 making the playoffs is a joke. If I were the Commissioner I would cut it off at 6. I think my team (Drua) has a decent shot at making the top 6. American pro sports are the same way, too many teams make the playoffs. It used to be the playoffs were a reward for a winning record but those days are long gone, unfortunately. It's all about greed nowaday$. 👎

Last edited:
I agree that 8 teams out of 12 making the playoffs is a joke. If I were the Commissioner I would cut it off at 6. I think my team (Drua) has a decent shot at making the top 6. American pro sports are the same way, too many teams make the playoffs. It used to be the playoffs were a reward for a winning record but those days are long gone, unfortunately. It's all about greed nowaday$. 👎
yeah, 6 teams with the top two getting a bye is the obvious option

im arguing about how you see him being used and whilst agree the last couple of games havent been good, you dont write someone off on two games, we're also the highlanders...not the ABs, critiquing our players is hardly stunning insite or award winning investigative journalism
I never wrote him off, I just maintained he was merely average.

He has some decent touches, made a few decent tries but as the intercept proved they were off set plays and he was played behind the line as opposed to front line.

5/10 is hardly writing a player off

Lancaster on fire for the Rebels this morning, he was a bit lucky, 2nd and 3rd tries were clear knockons, but when your on form you get the rub...

Rebels have to sort the seagull problem out tho, that was crazy

Nice tto see super rugby being spoilt by the world rugby laws...

2 weeks in a row, a team has had 2 red cards, Drua then Reds.

Fijian Drua 24 Moana Pasifika 17

Alright 1714195557371.png

Last edited:

Latest posts