• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks vs Wallabies, 4 Sep 2010, Bloemfontein

What a hazardous lineout throw from the boks in their own 22..O'Connor steps inside to punish the boks

Cooper having a good game so far..thats me signing out, no mates lol

Kurtley Beale you SSOB!:mad::mad::mad:.Got to give credit to him, amazing kick under pressure!

Gurthrö Steenkamp had the best game of his Boks career IMO.Schalk Burger was immense again in carrying the ball forward, so too Juan Smith and Pierre Spies one could say.

Matfield was superb in the line-out and that "chip-and-regather" to set up Jaque Fourie for his try will be a moment to remember for many years to come.

Hougaard and Morne Steyn work well together and M Steyn played a bit more attacking in the 2nd half which I liked.

JDV, Jaque Fourie, JP Pietersen and Frans Steyn did the basics well and JDV finally scored a try for the Boks again:D

Habana well....uhm...yeah....:rolleyes:

GO THE WALLABIES!!! 12 points or under though lol.

haha! in the last 5 minutes i felt so gutted as i was sure the wallabies couldn't make a comeback. i don't think i've ever been so happy to see a penalty kick go over...

on the game... felt that stoppages took forever as i found myself drifting at stages... however overall, there was some enterprising stuff to watch throughout and the wallabies backs are starting to prove that they can offer the extra spark on attack on a consistent basis. in the aussies, pocock, cooper and o'connor were stand outs for me while de villiers provided lots of good go forward ball. the prop who scored a try also impressed me with his yardage. anyway time to enjoy my winnings :D goodnight

Well at the 79th minute I wanted to ring up News of the World to get them to investigate a betting scandal, couldnt believe the Wallabies had given up a 31-6 point lead. In the first half it seemed as if the Wallabies had 16 men on the field with Habana, in the second half the boks had 30 men with the wallabies doing all they could to help them back in the game.

With a performance like this, however, I worry about our next game against the All Blacks, they will destroy us.

Gutted i missed this,
Just read through the report on the BBC site, sounds like a cracker,
They mention how poor Habana was several times, and that the crowb booed him and the such. Aplon needs his shirt
Very happy that the Wallabies won though :D

Everyone is neglecting John Smit. What about that super duper catch in the 48th minute, Morne Steyn through a badish offload after a brilliant run, then John Smit reaches down and grabs it in mid air with ONE HAND.

Gutted i missed this,
Just read through the report on the BBC site, sounds like a cracker,

It was a cracker if you like poor defence, missed tackles and missed touch kicks

With eight tries, it was probably a good game for the casual observer, but not for me. I thought it was an awful game, and struggled to keep my attention.

Australia are my new favourite SH team, I like their reckless attacking play. I just wish they would stop spear-tackling...

What was Fainga'a(sp?) thinking? He was going to ground himself, then decided to stand up and flip over whichever Bok that was.

---

Everyone is neglecting John Smit. What about that super duper catch in the 48th minute, Morne Steyn through a badish offload after a brilliant run, then John Smit reaches down and grabs it in mid air with ONE HAND.

At the pointy bit, too!

I didn't like Faingaa when he was playing against England, very lucky not to get carded on multiple occasions (trying to start fights/punch England players at every opportunity) - though he'd been alright the trinations so far, will have to find highlights somewhere and see this tackle, i've read on several reports/seen players on twitter all say it was stupid/reckless

haha! in the last 5 minutes i felt so gutted as i was sure the wallabies couldn't make a comeback. i don't think i've ever been so happy to see a penalty kick go over...

on the game... felt that stoppages took forever as i found myself drifting at stages... however overall, there was some enterprising stuff to watch throughout and the wallabies backs are starting to prove that they can offer the extra spark on attack on a consistent basis. in the aussies, pocock, cooper and o'connor were stand outs for me while de villiers provided lots of good go forward ball. the prop who scored a try also impressed me with his yardage. anyway time to enjoy my winnings :D goodnight
Yeah brother, time to get paid.:cool:

I didn't like Faingaa when he was playing against England, very lucky not to get carded on multiple occasions (trying to start fights/punch England players at every opportunity) - though he'd been alright the trinations so far, will have to find highlights somewhere and see this tackle, i've read on several reports/seen players on twitter all say it was stupid/reckless
Yeah he didnt need to do it, had him tackled already and then turned it into a spear tackle.

Yeah brother, time to get paid.:cool:

Congrats !!! Gutted by the result but the comeback was heart warning. Boks need a break now , some have been going on for too long , thought they needed a break last year after the Lions/Trinations already. But to speak about the Boks would be an injustice to teh Aussies , so congrats on breaking that drought !!

Yeah he didnt need to do it, had him tackled already and then turned it into a spear tackle.

Jaa he will get 2 weeks minimum , much worse than what we've seen so far in the Trinations so I expect 2 weeks at least. Really stupid thing to do as he made the tackle already and in his second action tipped the guy.

Highlights there,
Faingaas spear was stupid.

Matfields chip was sublime!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts