• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Wales - Twickenham (22 June)

saulan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Getting this up to start some discussions. Gotta defend our coveted Qatar Airways Cup!

Springbok team announced:
1718708261330.png

Boks not exactly pulling any punches with that side, could be a blood bath

Wales team to play South Africa: 15. Cameron Winnett, 14. Liam Williams, 13. Owen Watkin, 12. Mason Grady, 11. Rio Dyer; 10. Sam Costelow, 9. Ellis Bevan; 1. Gareth Thomas, 2. Dewi Lake (captain), 3. Henry Thomas, 4. Matthew Screech, 5. Ben Carter, 6. Taine Plumtree, 7. James Botham, 8. Aaron Wainwright.

Replacements: 16. Evan Lloyd, 17. Kemsley Mathias, 18. Kieron Assiratti, 19. James Ratti, 20. Mackenzie Martin, 21. Gareth Davies, 22. Eddie James, 23. Jacob Beetham

Gatland misses the Jamie Roberts/golden days so much we're moving Grady to 12. Exciting stuff.

Don't quite understand why Tshiunza and Jenkins aren't playing but I give up with Gatlands thought process to be honest.

Rassie giving that backline a proper pack to play behind. Would have liked Siya at 10 with Jordan at 12 but maybe later.

Yea I'll be honest I didn't expect the team to look that strong. To be fair, we have been running two full packs for the past year or so, so I guess unsurprising that seven of the eight are quite experienced, with two on the bench being stalwarts. Backline is a bit more mixed but still, two debuts in a backline that has some very experienced Springboks.

Yea I'll be honest I didn't expect the team to look that strong. To be fair, we have been running two full packs for the past year or so, so I guess unsurprising that seven of the eight are quite experienced, with two on the bench being stalwarts. Backline is a bit more mixed but still, two debuts in a backline that has some very experienced Springboks.
It's coz you're scared of us. I get it, Rassie saw Screech in the line up and thought,whoa, these guys ain't playing. See you on the other side, loser.

It's coz you're scared of us. I get it, Rassie saw Screech in the line up and thought,whoa, these guys ain't playing. See you on the other side, loser.
You can be glad we did not pick Manie ! He would have been MOTM ... for Wales 🤣

Far too many Welsh players I'm going "who?" for. Not sure what either side are going to learn from this tbh. On paper it should be a blood bath, but I'm sure Wales will be worse.

Far too many Welsh players I'm going "who?" for. Not sure what either side are going to learn from this tbh. On paper it should be a blood bath, but I'm sure Wales will be worse.
Yeah, we should lose this by 50 odd points (and we probably will) but I'm glad we've gone with such an inexperienced side as it takes the pressure off, and let's face it, we could be fully loaded with Jenkins, Morgan, Rowlands etc etc and we'd still get pumped. At least this way we can save face a little bit when the inevitable rogering actually happens

I think the scary part is the amount of players not even here out injured or that cannot be picked :

Snyman
De Jager
Reinach
Pollard
Wiese
Am
Kitshoff
Arendse
Le Roux
Moodie
Siya - maybe not he fat now I heard 😅
Jaden
Kolbe
Thomas du Toit
Van Staden
Elrigh Louw
Wilco Louw

I think the scary part is the amount of players not even here out injured or that cannot be picked :

Snyman
De Jager
Reinach
Pollard
Wiese
Am
Kitshoff
Arendse
Le Roux
Moodie
Siya - maybe not he fat now I heard 😅
Jaden
Kolbe
Thomas du Toit
Van Staden
Elrigh Louw
Wilco Louw
So your saying this team would beat Wales?
SA qualty and depth is insane
Kitshoff
Van Staden
Du toit
De jager
Snyman
Elrigh Louw
Siya
Weise
Reinach
Pollard
Kolbe