• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Wales - Twickenham (22 June)

We're getting pumped here! Not particularly looking forward to it because I'm not sure we'll learn much from it either.

Trying to be omtimistic, I'm hoping to see a few good performances from the likes of Plumtree, Grady and Winnet, with Eddie James making an impact. At least that would show some development in areas, but I'm expecting our front 5 are going to be under pressure all game resulting in no ball or territory for any of those named above to have any impact of the game.

We'll do well to keep the score under 50 I think.

Any reason why its at Twickenham? Money in the RFU' pockets

Think SARU has caught on that there is a lot of Springbok fans with money in the UK where they can charge European ticket rates vs SA rates - which would be about 3x cheaper.

Said it earlier in another thread. I feel really bad for Fiji and the Barbarians. With the URC final on directly after the SA game and the Bulls in that final, I suspect there will be a lot of exiting after this game ends and before the Fiji Barbarians game starts.

The Principality is also in music gig season. Taylor Swift tonight, Foo Fighters a week today so it's set up for that.

Saw this tweet now. Didn't realize the Wales team was that green.
IMG_2891.jpeg

Saw this tweet now. Didn't realize the Wales team was that green.
View attachment 20486
It doesn't get that much better in the backs.

Ellis Bevan makes his debut at 9. Costelow has 12 caps at 10. Grady has 11 caps and will be playing at 12 for the first time. Owen Watkin is more experienced at 38 but isn't a 13. Liam Williams is obviously very experienced and has 89 caps but again playing out of position. On the other wing, Dyer has 19 caps and Winnett has 5 caps.

That's a total of 174 by my count. With Liam Williams taking up the majority. What a great experience for them though. I'm just hoping they learn a lot from the defeat

Rob Howley is not impressed with the UK government at the moment. He says if you have got inside information and are going to put a bet on you should be aiming to win more than £500. These £100 bets are small fry.

This will get ugly. Sadly Wales could put out another 23 to beat this Wales team.

Over the last 3 seasons we have had a better 23 out than representing Wales, for a Myriad of reasons.

Sad time to he Welsh, and Cardiff RFC keep emailing me on how my early bird season ticket will save me money... 20 quid more expensive than last years ticket lol

Thinking about it...

Smith
Belcher
Francis
Jenkins
Rowlands
Tshiunza
Young
Morris
Morgan williams
Lloyd
LRZ
Hawkins
Llewellyn
Lane
Anscombe

Off the top of my head not including injuries, I must be missing some better full back or front row options

My overground train down to Richmond is very green. One Wales jersey on the train that I can see vs about 12 Springbok Jersey in my immediate vicinity. Also one barbarians jersey and two England jerseys. Very much feels like the atmosphere will be of an SA home game like the NZ game last year.

Edit: 13 jerseys. Just realized one older fan committed to the cause is wearing the long sleeve jersey over the short sleeve kit.

My overground train down to Richmond is very green. One Wales jersey on the train that I can see vs about 12 Springbok Jersey in my immediate vicinity. Also one barbarians jersey and two England jerseys. Very much feels like the atmosphere will be of an SA home game like the NZ game last year.

Edit: 13 jerseys. Just realized one older fan committed to the cause is wearing the long sleeve jersey over the short sleeve kit.
I'll be surprised if it's on 12-1 in the stadium.

I considered going down and taking my daughter for a day out, bit the cost of spending an afternoon on a train, watching Wales get pumped, then sitting in an empty stadium for another nothing game, then train home just didnt seem worth it..

Still cheaper than watch Wales in the millenium though!

As if this game is on Sky - I thought BBC Wales carries all of Wales' tests?

Guess I've got to brush off the Welsh I learned at uni and go for the S4C option

Chris Busby is the ref apparently. I somehow doubt Rassie will need to hang him out to dry in any post match tweets.

Do you reckon Gatland is sitting there through the Anthems going, "I still don't have a bloody clue what the words are to the Welsh anthem."?

Latest posts