TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Early Valentines Day morning around 04:00am Oscar Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend, an FHM Model.

Apparently she went to his place in the early hours of the morning to surprize him for Valentines day. Oscar on the other hand had mistaken her for an intruder and shot her.

He has been arrested and taken into custody.

If there are any more news I'll let you guys know.

Tragic. People are so paranoid in SA (for good reason) that you constantly hear about people shooting their loved ones. This incident is just high profile. Not any less tragic though.

Geez, it's an interesting attitude people have, that they'd rather shoot than get robbed. I'm in no position to judge though.

That's tragic. I saw the headline and assumed he just went mental. Terrible, but I have a lot of sympathy for the guy. Can't really comment too much cause I don't live there, by my ex-girlfriend from Jo'berg said they taught home invasion drills in her school, like getting under the laundry with a lighter and spray can as defense. She also got worried when I'd go for runs late at night - out of habbit. So you can see how these kind of incidents happen.

Welcome to SA my friend!

this happens quite a lot!!

That's sad. Hopefully you guys can work towards ensuring this is one of the last generations who have to deal with this sort of harsh culture.

Geez, it's an interesting attitude people have, that they'd rather shoot than get robbed. I'm in no position to judge though.

Not robbed. Up country you'd be happy to just get murdered quickly.

That's sad. Hopefully you guys can work towards ensuring this is one of the last generations who have to deal with this sort of harsh culture.

Not gonna happen as long as the masses remain poor and ignorant and force-fed BS from the ANC who want to keep them that way to ensure they stay in power and keep their party going if you'll excuse the pun. And sadly I can't see that changing soon

Err, they'd rather shoot than be robbed and murdered.

I don't wan't to get into "South Africa bashing" here, but it does have one of the highest crime rates in the Western world, and most especially, burglaries where the occupants are home, and the burglar murders the occupants to leave no witnesses.

Err, they'd rather shoot than be robbed and murdered.

I don't wan't to get into "South Africa bashing" here, but it does have one of the highest crime rates in the Western world, and most especially, burglaries where the occupants are home, and the burglar murders the occupants to leave no witnesses.

Bashing is a good word choice actually... usually the weapon of choice is a blunt instrument.

Let's not start speculating until the truth really comes out, I hate the MS Media nowadays, they just fuel speculation and base nothing off the facts. Sorry to say as well, but British outfits are usually the biggest perps for this as well.

Latest news is that the Police will oppose his bail application and that there has been several domestic issues in the past at his home...

Okay... so, basically what this means is that it sounds like there are some issues that the media don't yet know of, which will put Oscar in a bad light. They won't yet make it public, as it's an ongoing investigation, and Oscar himself hasn't yet made a statement regarding the incident...

Let's not start speculating until the truth really comes out, I hate the MS Media nowadays, they just fuel speculation and base nothing off the facts. Sorry to say as well, but British outfits are usually the biggest perps for this as well.

Amen, the number of times flatly wrong things have come out lately, the Duke Lacrosse rape case from 2006 is perhaps the most egregious example of this, the media basically built a narrative that fell apart completely when closer scrutiny was applied. I think the 24 hour news channels are a factor as well they have to fil time and gabbing incessentaly about a hot topic does this, unfortunately they move faster than the information itself comes out and reach to conclusions.

I've read so many different things on this topic, best wait until the news comes out. He is a bit of a gun nut from what I've read though.