• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Athletics - Track and field thread

Astonishing.

I name checked him in the Olympics thread as one to watch, but blimey. That's 4th all time with 2 of the all time greats ahead of him. And he still has another year as a junior!

A matter of time? 19 secs barrier broken would be incredible.

Wow, that is a really shocking story! Especially to have it not be leaked at any point before now as well

You read about this going on a lot in the modern world (more slaves now than at any point in history, I think?), it's crazy - hopefully his story/the documentary can help shine a more mainstream light on it in this country, at least

I love Track and Field and am looking forward to the World Athletics Championships at the University of Oregon in Eugene (July 15 - 24).

https://worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-championships/oregon22

View attachment 14229
Me too, although the layout of the infield at Hayward Field is truly shocking.

Wow, that is a really shocking story! Especially to have it not be leaked at any point before now as well

You read about this going on a lot in the modern world (more slaves now than at any point in history, I think?), it's crazy - hopefully his story/the documentary can help shine a more mainstream light on it in this country, at least

The Farah story is appalling. Unimaginable.

It's no doubt very complicated and emotional. But having given a different story about his background for so long this is likely to give fuel to the fire for those who doubted his integrity over the Salazar links. If it was feasible, and it may well not have been, he might have been better advised to say nothing or at least have been more vague.

What I'm finding amazing about the Mo Farah story is how people are turning on a British Olympic champion.

The amount of vitriol, suggesting he should be deported is incredible.

They would have cheered him when he was draped in a Union Flag, but now call for him to be removed from the United Kingdom.

What it does demonstrate is that even an asylum seeker can become a British hero

Fantastic from Wightman. Well deserved.

And a great moment for his Dad who's the stadium announcer (and Jake's coach) and casually mentioned his pride over the tannoy.

It was. Incredibly marginal, but them's the rules.

Lots of arguing about the point at which responding to the gun becomes anticipating, but with no second chance these days athletes have to err on the side of caution.

Great World Championship all around, I enjoyed it very much. Well done Eugene, Oregon. 👍

Last edited:

This is going to rumble on before next year's Olympics. What with Wimbledon likely to U turn this year. Right decision not to ban Russian and Belarussian athletes and make them play under a neutral flags instead?

Last edited:

Latest posts