NBA Thread

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Any other NBA fans on here? Possibly not considering few if any countries are interested in both rugby and basketball (France and Australia maybe) and the NBA isn't as popular as the NFL in the UK and Ireland! Playoffs starting on Saturday with both sides I'm partial to, Thunder and Trailblazers, involved I'm hyped.

I'm excited too because its the first time I've really been interested before the finals, even managed to watch a handful of regular season games despite them being on at awful times for a rugby fan in GMT generally, and it looks far more competitive, in the West at least, than anyone would have presumed before the start of the season. Its still Golden State's to lose but with the Rockets have established themselves as legitimate contenders and potentially having to go through Thunder's big three and Portland before the Conference finals its no easy ride.

I demand stickyness in this thread too mods!

Yeah me here. Big Knicks fan. Get to 2 or 3 games a year.

Bit fancy the Rockets. Warriors mix of injuries and hunger may be the bit that details them

embiid will be back in the playoffs for the sixers... i'm thinking with how many people are injured in the east they'll have a shot of making the conference finals

agree it's the warriors to lose

and being a knicks fan must be rough in current times

At times the mole... it a rough ride. Think it is building ok at moment but do need a big name to guide few nice youngsters there. But they're front office has been a big issue too

I used to follow the NBA many moons ago and it has changed so much. Every man and their dog can shoot a three to a reasonable standard so there seems to be a lot more shooting from range. I'm just a casual fan now but good highlights of every game on YouTube keep my eye in.

A historic NY connection makes me a Knicks man, and they have been so mentally fragile this season with a series of game losing 3rd quarter collapses.

I've a soft spot for the Blazers also, but they strike me as one dimensional with exterior shooting. They seemed to get found out against the Rockets recently and if they don't find a way to mix things up. CJ and Lillard don't convince me as much driving to the basket. I could see them being dumped out by a solid defence like the Spurs. Sorry!

I'm definitely still learning the game, I basically know that Team X are good because of this, this and this while Team Y are bad because of this, this and this and even then a lot of it is waffle, regurgitation or both. I do need to learn the intricacies of the game, there's loads of material on youtube to do it but I'd rather just watch games! I wish I'd followed an Eastern conference side due to ease of access, if I'd started following a bit later the 76ers could have been my team, but family in Portland and Westbrook have me where I am.

If the Blazers meet the Spurs first round I could definitely see them go out in a close series that'd only help Golden State, otherwise Lillard v Curry (if he returns) would be fun to watch even if the series is essentially a procession.

I'm proud to announce that as of two minutes ago I've decided to follow basketball and will support perennial underdogs the Golden State Warriors.

My teams are the Knicks and Sacramento, but my loyalty lies with Derrick Rose, so technically I'm a Timberwolves fan. I'm just glad that Derrick Rose while he's missed a lot of games through injury this season he's really starting to show some of the skills that made him the youngest MVP in history. One can dream of Derrick Rose having an injury free season and showcasing some of the brilliant potential he showed 7 years ago.

My teams are the Knicks and Sacramento, but my loyalty lies with Derrick Rose, so technically I'm a Timberwolves fan. I'm just glad that Derrick Rose while he's missed a lot of games through injury this season he's really starting to show some of the skills that made him the youngest MVP in history. One can dream of Derrick Rose having an injury free season and showcasing some of the brilliant potential he showed 7 years ago.
The best talent that injury destroyed. If he stayed fit in his prime he'd have few championship. Even mentally the injury hit him

Exciting start to the playoffs for the Blazers.

You can see how few easy looks, fast break points and layups/dunks the Blazers get against an above average defence.

I still can't believe you get 10 min highlights next day for every team. Time to gorge myself.

Well I called it right on the Blazers sadly. They are just getting schooled by the Pelicans. They are having to doff their caps to the defence of the likes of Holliday which has pretty much taken the Blazers star guards out of the contest.

Only the Pelicans and Rockets look like they could give the Warriors a contest in my opinion.

I think the first few playoff games have shown the Warriors have it wrapped up barring an injury to Klay. Disappointed at the Trailblazers but I think the Thunder should get through and will make the Rockets work for a spot in the WCFs.

Nobody in the East sticking their hands up as a contender with Celtics and Raptors both dropping matches against low seeds.

From a personal perspective I like watching the Pelicans and TWolves with their big guys Davis and Towns focussing on being dominant in the paint. Something feels wrong inside me seeing a 7 footer like Durant draining 3s. Like Parisse taking a drop goal :p

i'm feeling good about the 76ers... they can make it out of the woeful east but will get rolled in the finals

heat can't keep up with the sixers speed and agility... redick got 24 last night just running around finding open looks, didn't have to create much with the ball

can't believe lebron is in trouble of leaving round one

West finals turning into a great series.

East is pretty lame. Comfortable home wins all the way.

So both semis coming down to game 7 in the series. Celtics and Rockets at home for the deciders .

Latest posts