• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What's the easiest sport to win a Gold medal in?

Not the average man, but evidence suggest he's not that far off.
Just out of the top of my head, a group of 14 year old amateur kids beat the best pro women's footie team in the planet a couple of years ago. It wasn't even a contest actually.
Again, 14-year-olds, amateurs, in a country where men's footie is a second class sport and generally gets the rejects from other sports.

Some of the greatest female tennis players lost miserably to a nobody (atp 200-300) who smoked cigarettes in between games.

The difference in speed and strength is abysmal. This is not a patriarchal or sexist conspiracy. Sexual dimorphism in humans is scientifically documented and proven. And again, this is not a minor and specific edge, but a significant and consistent advantage.
But the male dominated governments and church groups who controll the media have consistently sent messages to society, both liminally and subliminally, that males are good at sports. This has imbued itself into the thoughts of females, hugely affecting their confidence, but also lowered the expectations of coaches and trainers so they don't push them as hard, etc.

As you identified it was the word average that I was disagreeing with. Sure the poster had a point, but it is far from the truth that the average man could win gold, despite your examples which still include men some distance from the mean. Yours was an Interesting post though.

I would imagine the first requirement in a bid to win a gold medal in the easiest possible way would involve the removal of a limb.

I think it was Newcastle (Australia) U15 boys Vs Australia's women's team who were ranked 2nd in the world. The boys beat them 7-0 or thereabouts.

Images Witness, it's easy to change sex these days. All you have to do is say you feel like a woman in a man's body.
USA women were beat by a u15 boys team like 15-0

Shame as the thread has potential.
Leave the politics stuff to the Politics thread.Instead of trying to rail road an actual convo.

On Rich Taff's original question it's extremely tough.

I think in terms of if a random 20 year decided to full time take up a sport.
A team sport like Handball or Water Polo might be the easiest to get into given the relatively small professional numbers in the world.
Probably something that didn't need years of practice to hone the skills and coordination. So probably not a ball sport unless the random 20 year old had other experience with ball sports so could transfer some skills across.

The best choice would really depend on your physique. If you were usain bolt but had never practiced sprinting, giving sprinting a go might be a good bet.

Sharron Davies is a disgusting bigot, tbh.

Some of the **** she comes out with on twitter is insane (she's against homosexuality because if there were only two people left on earth and they were both men or both women then they wouldn't be able to repopulate).

Sharron Davies is a disgusting bigot, tbh.

Some of the **** she comes out with on twitter is insane (she's against homosexuality because if there were only two people left on earth and they were both men or both women then they wouldn't be able to repopulate).
Went down an interesting rabbithole just here tbh

This article is actually really worth a read tho, interesting reading. Still unsure where I stand on it for now but there is a photo of a netball team and you can see the influence it has.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/46453958

Transgender athletes definitely have a huge advantage no matter what is done and it could potentially kill womens sport at the olympics as many simply won't be able to compete. Basic biological fact, men are bigger, stronger and faster than women on average and in many cases significantly so. Even post sex change, they would still retain those advantages.

With regards to the initial question, I guess any sport where there are relatively few competitors and requiring less physical ability, as then you don't have to compete with the genetic outliers. Horse riding, archery, shooting etc all seem the best bets. Also funnily enough these are also all the sports where realistically the difference between men and women should be less.

Latest posts