• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Natwest 6 Nations] Round 4 : France Vs England (10/03/2018)

Where are all the people who laughed when I said we'd lose to Scotland and one of Wales/France, ending up 3rd or 4th in the table.

raining_david_tennant.gif
TBF nobody bit you predicted it or Scotland would be so poor against everybody but us.

We need to start Sinkler and Haskell against Ireland. So much more excitement in the offload game.

I was wrong. That was awful.

I couldn't bring myself to post during the game, trying to control myself.

Horrendous performance.

My thoughts are as follows:

The selection initially looked to be paying off as we dominated the lineout, but then we became again embarrassing at the breakdown.

Re the breakdown, please watch the difference between Cole and Sinckler. Sinks is hovering behind the carrier then immediately hits, Cole was instead wandering around looking like he was confused where he was. Robshaw did some bits but as we know he isn't a 7 and missed some key tackles and isn't quick enough around the park.

For me we were abject in attack. No go forward. I hated every minute of us having ball in hand. It was awful.

I want to list who should go and who should come in. But I'll wait till I'm not angry.

Remember, people... Haskell isn't wanted by any prem club, if we want more physicality there are better 6s we can pick.

Can't pin it all on one LCD throw. Our first 60 minutes was appalling.

So much more attacking intent once Farrell moved to 10 (something I thought I'd never say)

Cole surely can't keep his spot, Williams and Sinckler are both superior at the moment.

Given hughes injury hopefully we can call up Armand to help the dire back row.

Lawes,Care,Ford,Watson all to bench.

Someone needs to tell the starting 15 (exc. Robshaw) what a breakdown is.

The difference in attack was primarily down to the change in the forwards, not Farrell. IMO.

If anyone questions Chris Robshaws place in the team again they should watch this game. He had more heart and more technical nouse than any of the forwards

He's fit and technically very good, but he's another player who lacks physicality and dynamism.
I'm not saying he's a candidate to be binned, but he's not made of gold.

Well that was peculiarly predictable. Monstered at the breakdown, in fact maybe worse than against Scotland. I like Courtney Lawes but he simply doesn't have the smash required. He was awful today. Our well rehearsed backs moves become entirely redundant if the ball is slower than a slow thing and flappy care is stood there looking all forlorn as someone else has dared to touch the ball. The template for beating England is now clear. All you have to do is target the breakdown and you will win. It's a good job that Ireland are absolutely terrible in this regard....... oh wait a minute.......

Sinckler made a massive difference when he came on. Hard straight lines work. We need some more of that but it needs to be supported.

Latest posts