• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lee Byrne suspended for 2 weeks.

Great news for England, bad news for rugby. This was, combined, the Ospreys & match officials' fault. The Ospreys should recieve a fine for the incident. And Lewis should have awarded a penalty to Leicester. A rematch would have been harsh, as is this ban. I sense the RFU had some influence in the convenience of the ban.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 29 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great news for England, bad news for rugby. This was, combined, the Ospreys & match officials' fault. The Ospreys should recieve a fine for the incident. And Lewis should have awarded a penalty to Leicester. A rematch would have been harsh, as is this ban. I sense the RFU had some influence in the convenience of the ban.[/b]

Not sure if I buy the whole conspiracy stuff, It's the ERC they are well known for odd bans.

Also the player pleaded guilty so they have to punish him with something.

I would imagine on Appeal it will be reduced to 1 week anyway.

Bear in mind the first week of the ban is tonights game that he hasn't been realised for.

This is riddiculous. I'm not suprised at all that almost the entire panel that decided to ban him where English at all.

Bloody stupid,
It's the staffs fault, not his! A fine is what this deserves, at most
He should appeal, he might get a week knocked off like Hayes did.

Big blow for Wales, means Hook will probably be in at FB, and while good, he's not a patch on Byrne

Putting my England supporters hat on though: :D :D :D

Wtf?! Dont understand how a cock-up by the Ospreys back room staff and by the referee has resulted in Byrne getting banned, which has potentially screwed Wales over because he is that important a player to us! What about Parker? Why hasnt he had a ban at all, when technically he was the 'extra man' as he didnt go off when Byrne signalled for him to. What about the whole thing with the linesman saying Leicester having an extra man at one point as well? It's ridiculous, I'm fed up of stupid bans being handed out for the sake of it.

Joke really ini. Surely if any ban were to be handed to him it should cover the quarter final in Biarritz? Oh, but hang on! We're playing England next week!
Wonder if Delon Armitage would have been punished similarly had London Irish done something like this?

Stupid from Byrne to plead guilty too IMO, it may save the 'Spreys some £ but he should have just played ignorant and said he had no idea he was the 16th man.

The difference between England and Wales next week better not be a dropped high ball.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jan 30 2010, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What about Parker? Why hasnt he had a ban at all, when technically he was the 'extra man' as he didnt go off when Byrne signalled for him to.[/b]
They should both be banned. And their children. And their children's children. Until the 6N is over.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 29 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If Hook plays fullback is it Roberts-Shanklin or Roberts-Henson centres???[/b]
I'd go for Roberts-Bishop-Hook myself. Bishop has been amazing recently; but it'll probably be Roberts and Shanklin in the centre because of the experience of playing with each other.

Funny ... Dan Luger was not banned was he? Treviso escaped unpunished last year? What a joke. ERC needs to sort itself out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 29 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jan 30 2010, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about Parker? Why hasnt he had a ban at all, when technically he was the 'extra man' as he didnt go off when Byrne signalled for him to.[/b]
They should both be banned. And their children. And their children's children. Until the 6N is over.
[/b][/quote]
Quit all this banning... Shoot them all... You may critisize the Bulls scrumaging but hes able to feckin count... Up the Bull!!! Up Munster!!!

On a more serious note ban is a joke...

Should just have been a fine for Ospreys...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 29 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The difference between England and Wales next week better not be a dropped high ball.[/b]
If England do somehow manage to beat Wales next weekend, then it'll be tainted now,
We'll get no bragging rights over the Welsh as it'll all be "Yeah, but Byrne...."

:p

Depends on the circumstances of our loss:

Outmuscled in the scrum? BYRNE WOULD HAVE PROVIDED EXTRA WEIGHT.

Poor defence? BYRNE WOULDN'T HAVE MISSED THOSE DOZEN TACKLES.

etc...

Latest posts