• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

Sounds an odd role, but I guess retention was SB's main objection after Walters and Jones. Losing another coach popular with the players might have started to look careless.

Isiekwe and Ewels called up to replace Coles and Martin

How many chances does Ewels get? It's not even like he puts in good performances for England - he's crap and then he gets sent off

Hopefully Martin just needs a week off and it's a short term replacement - I didn't see the game, anyone know what the injury is/was?

Edit: just seen Martin is rehabbing with England but Coles isn't which I guess hints at lengths of injury

How many chances does Ewels get? It's not even like he puts in good performances for England - he's crap and then he gets sent off

Hopefully Martin just needs a week off and it's a short term replacement - I didn't see the game, anyone know what the injury is/was?

Edit: just seen Martin is rehabbing with England but Coles isn't which I guess hints at lengths of injury
He needed a break after the sheer physicality of the opposition on Saturday....

The fact that guy still gets any chances after setting the world record for the shortest time between red cards and the fastest red card in a game is staggering...

The fact that guy still gets any chances after setting the world record for the shortest time between red cards and the fastest red card in a game is staggering...
I get you, but... [pedant] Isn't that Nick Wood? Albeit that was club level, but equally, far less arguable. [/pedant]

Would rather Tuima than either Isiekwe or Ewels TBH - at least he might have an international future in front of him.

technically.jpeg

On Isiekwe - feels like he's been around forever, but he's only 26, so may yet kick on; but... he's also behind a younger, English lock at Saracens.
There's absolutely value in having Itoje's club colleague pack down alongside him (as shown by Kruis' career) - but... maybe choose the player he packs down alongside, rather than the guy who sits on the bench?

Ewels earned his return to England last year - and then he blew it.

On Wood - yeah, a touch more obvious than either of Ewels
1728326012646.png

So England have four full time coaches, including Borthwick , two part time, and no head of S and C.

Doesn't strike me as a particularly normal or professional set up

Coles looked like he broke a rib, can't imagine he'll be back too soon and don't think there is a lot of rehab to be done with that unfortunately.