• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

How dumb are the RFU to even propose it in the first place

Conflicts can be managed and most people have the professional integrity to know where the boundaries lie, but even so they just shouldn't have gone there.

Social events and breweries spring to mind. The RFU seem to be taking the kicking, but presumably this was originated by SB, calling his judgement into question again.

Definitely a valid question to ask "Who honestly thought the clubs would agree to this".

Saracens don't have much goodwill amongst clubs as it is. The RFU should know by now clubs will never act against there interests if at all possible.

The RFU really don't have a ******* clue when it comes to any sort of contract negotiations. We have professional players and coaches working in a system still run by the amateurs.

Good to see Davison, Fisilau, Willis and Lozowski in the mix

Dunno why tf they're continuing with Roots, Hill would be a much better option

Would've liked to have see a new 12 in there

No Langdon is ridiculous, he's comfortably the best option we have atm and LCD is still trying to regain form after his injury

Good to see Davison, Fisilau, Willis and Lozowski in the mix

Dunno why tf they're continuing with Roots, Hill would be a much better option

Would've liked to have see a new 12 in there

No Langdon is ridiculous, he's comfortably the best option we have atm and LCD is still trying to regain form after his injury
Would Lozowski not be the 12 option though i appreciate hes hardly new? Is this stopping Italy nabbing him?

Theres a couple of omissions im a bit puzzled at to be honest, Ted Hill and Langdon still the big ones. Is Bevan Rodd injured..he looked to have started the season well.

It might be, but right now he's one of the form centres in the Premiership and I'd argue he is being picked on merit. It's not like he's been poor and just called up to cock block the Italians.

Langdon is a proper head scratcher? I'd also have liked to have seen Hill > Roots and Butt get a look in but happy enough.

I'm glad they've resisted the temptation to bring in Fasogbon and AOF too soon.

Would have liked to see the back of Roots (Hill or Pepper would be my completely biased thoughts) - and room made for Butt (Daly making way). Would have had Langdon over LCD as well.
No problem with Lozowski being in there - he's a good player who should really have had more opportunities.
Disappointed that Spencer is still in there, but with Mitchell and Quirke out I can't think who should be there instead.

Pleased to see no children selected in the front row

Last edited:
Oh, and - presented properly (Thanks Puja)
FORWARDS
Ellis Genge (Bristol Bears)
Fin Baxter (Harlequins)
Joe Marler (Harlequins)

Jamie George (Saracens)
Theo Dan (Saracens)
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Sale Sharks)

Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers)
Will Stuart (Bath Rugby)
Trevor Davison (Northampton Saints)

Ollie Chessum (Leicester Tigers)
Maro Itoje (Saracens)
George Martin (Leicester Tigers)
Alex Coles (Northampton Saints)

Chandler Cunningham-South (Harlequins)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)
Tom Pearson (Northampton Saints)
Ethan Roots (Exeter Chiefs)

Ben Earl (Saracens)
Greg Fisilau (Exeter Chiefs)
Tom Willis (Saracens)

BACKS
Jack van Poortvliet (Leicester Tigers)
Ben Spencer (Bath Rugby)
Harry Randall (Bristol Bears)

Marcus Smith (Harlequins)
Fin Smith (Northampton Saints)

Ollie Lawrence (Bath Rugby)
Alex Lozowski (Saracens)
Oscar Beard (Harlequins)
Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints)

Immanuel Feyi-Waboso (Exeter Chiefs)
Tommy Freeman (Northampton Saints)
Tom Roebuck (Sale Sharks)
Ollie Sleightholme (Northampton Saints)
Elliot Daly (Saracens)

George Furbank (Northampton Saints)
Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers)

Another squad without one proper 12. Arguably Dingwall would be playing 12 if not for Burger Os injury but still disappointing.

Still see a fair few dross players in there, let's hope they perform.

Would Lozowski not be the 12 option though i appreciate hes hardly new?
Could be, but 10 starts in 11 seasons isn't really that experienced (even if he is very experienced in general, and at playing different positions)
Would imagine he's there as 13/15/emergency 10 - Lawrence/Dingwall as 12 (even if neither of those play there at club level either, lol)

Can't see anything majorly different to previous squads. LCD over Langdon is just ridiculous.

We didn't win in NZ, so we need some good results to justify keeping the same team.

'Not considered for selection: Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Ben Curry (Sale Sharks), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), George Ford (Sale Sharks), Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints), Will Muir (Bath Rugby), Max Ojomoh (Bath Rugby), Raffi Quirke (Sale Sharks), Bevan Rodd (Sale Sharks).'

Watching Martin and Chessum tonight...what potentially have as a pair in the engine room. Now we (falcons) aren't the best opposition to really judge on so let's see how they go against me better sides but there's hope England may have a potentially top class lock pairing.

Itoje is class at his best but he may have competition now!

Latest posts