• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

I've heard Steward is being dropped to play for Racing 92 this weekend so he can prepare for his impending move in 2027

I really don't think that any of the French based English qualified players are that much of a loss to England.

Like Willis would really make that much difference compared to until, Curry B, Curry T, Pearson, pepper etc etc

He's a good player but good flankers are never in short supply. Same with the other players, England and sarries much better without overpowering Farrell in there and Henry Arundell isn't as good as our current crop of wingers.

I've heard Steward is being dropped to play for Racing 92 this weekend so he can prepare for his impending move in 2027
Yeah I did hear they were in the market for a slow moving fullback, who's good in the air and has the turning circle of a HGV.

On form over the last period J Willis was prob good enough to start. Marchant almost certainly would be in the mix too.

Not Sinckler's biggest fan but I'm not sure I'd ever be picking both Cole and Stuart over him for a 23. Read the other day that he wants to get his act together in France and then get back in the England side.

Lawes obviously took the decision to retire from Eng duty at a logical time but he's still good enough for the 6 shirt. Would he have retired when he did if the French cash wasn't on offer?

Then you have peripherals like Ludlam, Arundell and Ribbans who may well have been in wider squads.

So not a massive impact, but some.

That's ignoring those whose days were done - Farrell, Manu and the Vunipolae who've made logical moves.

Ripped you to shreds the other week though
Just to clarify steward looked like he was still learning to pass in that game. Might have beaten us but doesn't change the fact that steward doesn't have the correct skills for a modern level back nor the correct pace/ mobility.

That could all change though and he's still young. Just shop Kelly off to France, get steward in the 12 shirt and jobs a good un.

Latest posts