• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

Care just said they weren't available. My memory was that this new system was supposed to mean that intl players were av all year round, but that may be me misremembering
TY - glad I ETA.d it.

It was never supposed to be that way, but it was a common mis-understanding.
The new season structure, with 2 fewer clubs, freed up 4 weeks, not 7. It didn't create a 55-week year, nor reduce the summer break

Rehabilitation: George Ford (Sale Sharks)
Not considered for selection: Alex Coles (Northampton Saints), Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints), Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints), Will Muir (Bath Rugby), Max Ojomoh (Bath Rugby), Raffi Quirke (Sale Sharks), Bevan Rodd (Sale Sharks).

'In the forwards, Alex Dombrandt - who has not played since Harlequins' round-one loss at Sale - is included over the in-form Tom Willis. Greg Fisilau and Ethan Roots - both of Exeter - drop out. So does Saints flanker Tom Pearson. The two Currys return. George Martin returns after his stint in rehab.
Behind, Alex Mitchell and Fraser Dingwall are not considered fit enough for inclusion, while George Ford attends for rehab. He is expected to play some part in the autumn. Henry Slade and Luke Northmore, both of whom have been injured for their clubs, return in Dingwall's stead.'

Ford is also apparently preparing his post playing future as a coach.

So….

Baxter, Genge, Marler
George, Dan, LCD
Cole, Davison, Stuart
Itoje, chessum, martin, Ewels, Isiekwe
CCS, Curry
Curry, Underhill
Earl, Dombrant

Randell, Spencer, JVP
Smith, Smith
No 12s again
Lawrence, lozowski, northmore, Slade
Daly, IFW, Freeman, Roebuck, sleightholme
Furbank, Steward

Back row could go with all sorts of different combinations. Will be investing to see and with 5 locks, maybe Chessum returns in the 6 shirt.

Still no starting premiership 12s which is very disappointing.

Good shoot out for the wing spots and there is lots of talent.

'In the forwards, Alex Dombrandt - who has not played since Harlequins' round-one loss at Sale - is included over the in-form Tom Willis. Greg Fisilau and Ethan Roots - both of Exeter - drop out. So does Saints flanker Tom Pearson. The two Currys return. George Martin returns after his stint in rehab.
Behind, Alex Mitchell and Fraser Dingwall are not considered fit enough for inclusion, while George Ford attends for rehab. He is expected to play some part in the autumn. Henry Slade and Luke Northmore, both of whom have been injured for their clubs, return in Dingwall's stead.'

Ford is also apparently preparing his post playing future as a coach.

Just bizarre that.

Too many who have been injured. Bit of reputation selection going on.

Don't know what sort of form he's in, but pleased to see LCD back.

No idea who I want to see at 9. Randall the best proxy for Mitchell?

Frustrating that we now have to go to Chiefs 6 players down and onto our 3rd and 4th THs, whilst they only lose IFW and Slade

Latest posts