• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dawn of the dumbos: TRF Six Nations micro-meet-up

P

Prestwick

Well, the teams are being announced, the stadiums are being prepared, RC is busy making sure he won't be availible on any of the match weekends to watch any Rugby and the world awaits the first Six Nations since the Rugby World Cup!

I was thinking of a casual micro-meet in London or elsewhere to gather round in a pub one afternoon, drink, mock me and my rugby-incompetence and watch some superb Northern Hemisphere rugby. IBB however put forward this superb idea in another thread:

Well as I just happen to live 5 minutes from Twickers... I can provide the venue and we can even hit a couple of rugby pubs close by. I will admit we only have a small TV but can try and organise something a bit better.[/b]

Even if it were just a Sega Gamegear with the dinky TV addon I would say this is a capital idea. However, we need a date and after scouring the fixtures I suggest the first [blink]SUPER SATURDAY![/blink] (23rd Feb) for us to meet up around IBB's house and watch some of the earlier matches before retiring to a rugby pub to watch the England vs France game?

Anyone up for it? We could all chip in to get some booze and snacks!

ive already made plans for that day.

they involve travelling to dublin and desperatly searching for any way into croker! (since it would appear the SRU are having the same problems they had with the ticket allocation for Viadana V Glasgow - there wouldnt appear to be one!)

Ah, best of luck then mate. Pity to hear about the Viadana thing but you'd probably be able to easily get in at the door. I bought my ticket online at Viadana's website and had to pick the tickets up there on the day of the game but the guy at the gate the Stadio just shrugged and let me past without even looking at my printed receipt.

I think it was at that point when I realised that it was going to be an awesome day.

Best of luck trying to get a ticket though Ecks! Failing that, try and get in touch with Shtove or An Tarbh if they are in the area and they'd probably be more than happy to share a pint or five hundred in a bar somewhere! Do a report regardless of what happens okay?

As usual, like the attention seeking whore of the TRF family, I will of course be available for any meets during the 6 Nations.

Got stunningly drunk last year watching Leicester vs Leicester, Scotland vs Italy, Ireland vs England and Wales vs France back to back, so I would expect similar results this time around.

Matts just confirmed that he isn't even going to be in the same country as us on the 23rd of February which has now officially ruined EVERYTHING.

I may be up for this depending on my schedule...

Will keep you updated, would like to attend tho... If I am allowed?

I may be up for this depending on my schedule...

Will keep you updated, would like to attend tho... If I am allowed?
[/b]

Oh well... as we are letting the riff raff in, we might as well open it up to everyone!!!! :D The more the merrier. Twickers will be the place to be if England can pull one over the old foe. Depending how we are for flatmates that night I can stretch to putting 2-4 people up for the night to keep costs down. Means the snacks will have to extend to bacon and eggs for breakfast Sun morning.

Crikey, just been checking out ticket prices for any of the Twickers games and they are staggeringly expensive. Safe to say half a dozen of us could all have a day on the **** watching the game, meal out at a restaurant, pay cover charge into a club, all for the price of 1 category Z ticket!!

23rd Feb, Marked in Diary in BIG BLACK LETTERS

Now you have mentioned that there will be Egg and Bacon... I may be able to attend, I shall let you know asap, especially if I need a place to crash...

And to the Theatre of Echoes on Sunday, they may have there highest Crowd if we all turned up :eek:

Impossible, we had a sell out crowd against Newcastle! And sunday? You going for the Bath game?

Crikey, just been checking out ticket prices for any of the Twickers games and they are staggeringly expensive. Safe to say half a dozen of us could all have a day on the **** watching the game, meal out at a restaurant, pay cover charge into a club, all for the price of 1 category Z ticket!! [/b]

Welcome to the wacky world that is the UK. Your fellow Kiwis may mock your own Eden park but surely the tickets are much more affordable?

I am not going to the Bath game :(

However you will be visiting me for the Rec Game, I hope :)

I am not going to the Bath game [/b]

Then where are you going to that involves Vicarage Road and Sunday? If you're thinking of the Saracens Biarritz clash thats on Saturday!

:larf:

and good luck on saturday prestwick. we need your help to dump you out the competition! ;)

and as for the 23rd, if we dont get tickets we could end up getting ****** in Belfast instead. (Celtic rugby - gonnae re-arrange the Ulster-Munster game for that friday? just so I get to see one game?)

and the Viadana tickets dont matter to me - i kinda forgot to book before i though about it logicaly! I decided id save my money for when we inevitably get drawn to play at VR AGAIN! :D ;)

Guys - Just realised I have double booked myself for a night out in Leeds on that Saturday!

How does everyone feel about a road trip to Leeds Sat am and watch the games up there and continue on for a night out in the north, staying in some cheap digs (or crashing with the b*tches we score with) and driving back on Sunday?

Let me know your thoughts - can possible get out of Leeds if I have too, but could be an interesting night out.

Roadtrip! Roadtrip!

I'm not actually fussed either way to be honest, rugby and alcohol is rugby and alcohol. Can also bring out my northern side once we reach Yorkshire...

****, just remembered I can't in fact attend any sort of meet-up this weekend due to other rugby commitments.

It will be next weekend... plus I am not sure whether I am financially able to do this either.... it may be a last minute decision...

Latest posts