• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2024 Six Nations - Predicted Table

France - No GS, lose in Murrayfield
Ireland
Scotland
England
Wales
Italy

3 and 4 is a coin toss and not really going out on a limb here to say the least. I can't remember being this unenthusiastic about a 6n, would much prefer Leinster to win the Heino than a GS this year if offered to be honest.

France
Ireland

England
Scotland

Italy
Wales

Yes, with those gaps!

France Ireland is usually decided by the home team, both are too strong for everyone else.

The only Caveats I would add, would be I honestly think Scotland have all to lose little to gain first up against a poor Welsh squad.

If Scotland slip up there, they may well be in the spoon decider with Italy (and Wales) in round 4.

England may well be in a good place come round 4 too, 3 wins are certainly achievable, and Ireland may have already lost 1, England may well have enough at home to Ireland.

1. France - Grand Slam
2. Ireland
3. Scotland
4. England
5. Wales
6. Italy

As much as I would like to say different I can't see anything but another two horse race this year. Even though they've got a few injuries and they are missing Dupont I still give France the edge over Ireland. Winning in France in their first game post Sexton will be too tough. Whoever wins the opener wins the Slam in my opinion.

I've got Scotland as best of the rest as, even with being away from home in the first game, I still have them as better than Wales. Unfortunately, I think the Scots will win the calcutta cup again this year with it being at Murrayfield.

England have got enough talent to be considerably better than I think but I'm not convinced that Borthwick will be bold in selection. When it comes to the crunch I think his conservative, cautious instincts will take over and we will stick to the tested (and mostly failed) pragmatic, set-piece dominant style that has got us nowhere in the last couple of years in the 6N. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Whilst in the past writing Wales off has been a dangerous game, I just don't see them being great this year. They have a hugely inexperienced squad and in a lot of positions they have threadbare depth. Losing LRZ was a hammer blow as he was their biggest attacking threat. I fear for them this 6N, especially if they lose to Scotland in the opener. Gats has upset the odds before and you can't underestimate how good a coach he is but I genuinely think it's a miracle if he gets that side into the top 3.

Italy with a new coach will be interesting to watch, if they can play the same sort of rugby as they did under Crowley but but know when it's the right time to go wide, then they will cause problems again. I just hope that Quesada doesn't take them back to the days of 10 man rugby. Think they will win a game this year.

France
England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Italy

Predict England to lose terribly to France and win a god awful game at home vs Ireland.

1706497266818.png

1706497291067.png

1706497208485.png

1706497309533.png

1706497380431.png

1706497401930.png

France
Ireland
England
Scotland
Wales
Italy

France are just to good atm, ireland same but cant see them beating france. England/Scotland 3rd/4th but could go either way. As we are in a rebuild with alot of new faces but Scotland im really not sure their situation i just know they resorted to calling up Alec Hepburn.
Wales in a proper rebuild with LRZ gone it might be tough but Galand wont let them go down easy.
Italy...italy

Saw on Reddit that Ireland have finished 3rd the year after the Rugby World Cup every single time since it became the Six Nations

God knows they love keeping traditions

In terms of predictions, the top 2 and bottom 2 are as close to nailed on as you can get in this sport (AKA not very, as upsets happen all the time).
The question then is who wins the Calcutta Cup - In Scotland, and with Scotland in better form, but England having (much) more room for improvement.

France
Ireland
Scotland
England
Wales
Italy

In terms of predictions, the top 2 and bottom 2 are as close to nailed on as you can get in this sport (AKA not very, as upsets happen all the time).
The question then is who wins the Calcutta Cup - In Scotland, and with Scotland in better form, but England having (much) more room for improvement.

France
Ireland
Scotland
England
Wales
Italy

Thanks. Saved me typing exactly that.

I can't say I really disagree with most people having us in 5th or 6th and if I was a betting man I'd have us there as well but would anyone really be shocked if we beat Scotland first up? The amount of times, especially recently, where Scotland come down to Cardiff all Johnny big bollix and still come away empty handed is more times than I can count. Scotland should win, they have a much more settled squad and all that, but I can never go into a Scotland match thinking it's a write off, our record is too good against them in Cardiff.

If we won that would anyone really be that shocked if we beat England at Twickenham next up? I don't think so. Obviously we'll lose to Ireland and France but should beat Italy at home if we're confident enough to beat Scotland and England in which case we should be around 3rd which would be amazing really.

So, 6th place it is.

I can't say I really disagree with most people having us in 5th or 6th and if I was a betting man I'd have us there as well but would anyone really be shocked if we beat Scotland first up? The amount of times, especially recently, where Scotland come down to Cardiff all Johnny big bollix and still come away empty handed is more times than I can count. Scotland should win, they have a much more settled squad and all that, but I can never go into a Scotland match thinking it's a write off, our record is too good against them in Cardiff.

If we won that would anyone really be that shocked if we beat England at Twickenham next up? I don't think so. Obviously we'll lose to Ireland and France but should beat Italy at home if we're confident enough to beat Scotland and England in which case we should be around 3rd which would be amazing really.

So, 6th place it is.
Not particularly surprised, no.
It's the sort of thing I was meaning with the caveat "as nailed on as you can get in this sport"

It would be against the run of form, and current estimates of class - but these things happen all the time in rugby when there's not a gulf in difference - especially straight after a RWC.

Not particularly surprised, no.
It's the sort of thing I was meaning with the caveat "as nailed on as you can get in this sport"

It would be against the run of form, and current estimates of class - but these things happen all the time in rugby when there's not a gulf in difference - especially straight after a RWC.
Yeah, everyone's predictions are fair and make total sense. I dunno, I just fancy us to beat the Ba ba's on Saturday. Love it when we're being written off and we're at home.

I cant see this Welsh team turning over Scotland, I get their record in Cardiff is awful, and trust me spending 5 years working at Murrayfield the trips to Cardiff where Scottish chests were out were enjoyed by me more than anyone...

But this is different. This Welsh team is the worst squad of my lifetime, maybe if LRZ, Morgan, Lake, Tshiunza, Carter, were fit, maybe if we had Francis available, or a few other old heads were still around like Falatau, and finally maybe if we had a 10. But none of those things are open to us.

I will say with such a large amount of prospects I'm more worried about seeing facets of play, and some shoots amongst weeds.

A success for Wales is to scrape a win somewhere, beating Scotland would be akin to Cardiff beating Racing 92. There will be 30-50 mins of stubbornness, before we eventually capitulate and lose by 20

What is the state of the Scotland squad? I really have know idea, if they have issues or not? Nor do i have the time to looke through the whole Scotland thread.

What is the state of the Scotland squad? I really have know idea, if they have issues or not? Nor do i have the time to looke through the whole Scotland thread.
Lots of experience up front, lacking top quality, but too much for Wales to handle.

Some cracking weapons in the backline.

Ultimately they will be tough nosed in the tight, and want to throw the ball around especially V Wales, Italy and England. There is a lot of talk in camp of a championship win, beating Wales and England, before having a crack at France, win or lose v France they should beat Italy and could realistically go to Dublin in contention. I dont see that as a reality, but I think Wales in Cardiff could make or break their tournament.

Gotta imagine they're struggling up front with some of the prop callups they've made,
Flyhalf looks shallow, after Hastings dropped out and no replacement was called up - looks like Healy has been starting all season for Edinburgh, though, and they're doing decently in the URC so maybe they're actually in a better position than usual at 10

I cant see this Welsh team turning over Scotland, I get their record in Cardiff is awful, and trust me spending 5 years working at Murrayfield the trips to Cardiff where Scottish chests were out were enjoyed by me more than anyone...

But this is different. This Welsh team is the worst squad of my lifetime, maybe if LRZ, Morgan, Lake, Tshiunza, Carter, were fit, maybe if we had Francis available, or a few other old heads were still around like Falatau, and finally maybe if we had a 10. But none of those things are open to us.

I will say with such a large amount of prospects I'm more worried about seeing facets of play, and some shoots amongst weeds.

A success for Wales is to scrape a win somewhere, beating Scotland would be akin to Cardiff beating Racing 92. There will be 30-50 mins of stubbornness, before we eventually capitulate and lose by 20
If the scrum can hold out with Assaratti (and Brown coming on later in the game) I reckon we'll win.

Morgan is a big loss no doubt but if we're going to lose anyone im glad it's in the back row as we've got good options there. Same with Lake, im a big fan but to be honest, in the here and now you can make a very good argument that Elias is actually the hooker who gives us a better chance of winning a test match. Again, I like Tshiunza but is he really going to be the difference between winning and losing against Scotland? No. Carter? Not sure I'm bothered about him at all, he's not kicked on like i would've hoped and I'm genuinely excited to see Beard dropped to the bench and seeing Rowlands and Jenkins play together. Weirdly the player we'll miss most is the worst player on your list, Francis which is why I say if we can just get parity in the scrum I think we can do them.

If the scrum can hold out with Assaratti (and Brown coming on later in the game) I reckon we'll win.

Morgan is a big loss no doubt but if we're going to lose anyone im glad it's in the back row as we've got good options there. Same with Lake, im a big fan but to be honest, in the here and now you can make a very good argument that Elias is actually the hooker who gives us a better chance of winning a test match. Again, I like Tshiunza but is he really going to be the difference between winning and losing against Scotland? No. Carter? Not sure I'm bothered about him at all, he's not kicked on like i would've hoped and I'm genuinely excited to see Beard dropped to the bench and seeing Rowlands and Jenkins play together. Weirdly the player we'll miss most is the worst player on your list, Francis which is why I say if we can just get parity in the scrum I think we can do them.
Again I agree with a lot of that, I dont think asseratti is up to it yet, Francis despite not being great is far superior in the scrum than anyone else in Wales. Lewis would probably still start in my squad. I think our scrum will struggle, and later on may be saved by poor Scottish replacements.

Morgan is a huge loss, and our back row is lacking quality it used to have, Botham and Reffell are still untested, Mann is a mile off, and Wainwright is an 8 Warmer.

I also agree Elias over Lake is the better shout, better scrummage and his darts are much better lately.

Carter has stalled through injuries, but he'll come good, he, Jenkins and Fender will be the future. I'd also argue Beard will start, with Rowlands.