• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 4

6. Ewers 7. Kvesic is the only choice for England.

That solves it then! Right you two work out a centre partnership and the jobs are yours
Tuilagi-Joseph too tempting not to at least try it.

Failing that, Slade-Tuilagi

Hill for the fourth spot and next in line in the EPS.

Easy peasy. :p

He dropped Joseph the exact issue that caused RWC hell he can be deputy cleaner.

9. Robson
10. Cipriani
11. May
12. Slade
13. Tuilagi
14. Rokoduguni
15. Brown

21. Simpson
22. Joseph
23. Watson

Robson and Simpson have been a bit meh so far I feel.
The backline hasn't been giving them many options as of yet- Robson has been decent though.
Chudley/Harrison and Care have had good starts to the season so far.

Watched the Quins vs Sale game this morning.

The more I watch Beaumont the more I like him.

For much of the game he was quiet and in that proved that he does the basics very well indeed.

A couple of pick ups from the back of tricky scrums, trucked the ball up in to contact well.

He did a get couple of chances to show his handling skills which are very nice for a big man.

Finally the Sam James try he was involved in. Great pick up from the base of the scrum. Then demonstrated that he has good acceleration for a big man getting into the outside of Robshaw and drawing the next man across.

Beginning to genuinely feel that at the moment he is our best 8, and should be considered a rival to Bill and Ben.

Itoje over Ewers as a blindside?!

EgqnRyp.gif

Itoje over Ewers as a blindside?!

EgqnRyp.gif

I feel Itoje's more rounded, and also probably fills more important gaps than Ewers. Ewers is a huge guy, great carrier but I'm not so sure about his mobility, plus he doesn't go up in the lineout. Itoje's a good jumper, has more leadership skills and is, for my money, the best clearer of rucks we have available. These are all areas England have struggled in (although I accept some of that is due to coaching and may well change with a new coach). Plus, if we're assuming Kvesic is at 7 one of the flowerpot men are at 8, you really need a jumper in the back row. Itoje's defence is superb too, very rarely do players get past the gainline if they run into him.

Itoje's defence is superb too, very rarely do players get past the gainline if they run into him.

And they do if they run into 128kg Dave?
Not sure I see where you're coming from re: mobility, Ewers is pretty quick and his work rate is as good as anyone else's.

Morgan can jump, as can Ewers... I suspect the reason he very rarely does (aside from the fact they don't really need him to) is that he's ****ing massive so will tire out his lifters rather than him having an issue doing so.

Last edited:
And they do if they run into 128kg Dave?
Not sure I see where you're coming from re: mobility, Ewers is pretty quick and his work rate is as good as anyone else's.

Morgan can jump, as can Ewers... I suspect the reason he very rarely does (aside from the fact they don't really need him to) is that he's ****ing massive.

Now you've said that, doesn't a backrow of Ewers, Kvesic, Itoje/Itoje, Kvesic, Ewers, sound rather nice?

Someone poke holes in this or I'll get overexcited.

Latest posts