• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 15

What can they do with that rubbish set of players though. Like where is the end goal for Newcastle? Can't see a future for them at all at the moment, they need a plan.

They'd go bust, surely? I genuinely cannot see how most clubs (that haven't been financially doping) can go down and be ok any more
Realistically they're probably going to do that if they stay in the Prem - they've sold off a bunch of players, and these results won't be bringing the punters in. Feel like relegation gives them a hard reset on their squad - bin some of the players they've paid over market rate for to get them to join, build back with a squad they can afford

Their attendances in the championship last time they went down weren't far off their current average and they're an OG club so will still get whatever benefits the P shares bring

Imagine their only real hope is the Saudis are still/actually interested in investing

I dunno, just a rough situation - a club going a full season without a win shouldn't be in that league

(They'll probably beat Sale next week now)

Wait that win got Bristol to 4th? This season is insanely close.

I dunno, just a rough situation - a club going a full season without a win shouldn't be in that league

Quite. A 10 team league where 2 clubs have a combined 4 wins out of 30's not a good look.

Although above those it's all pretty competitive.

Quite. A 10 team league where 2 clubs have a combined 4 wins out of 30's not a good look.

Although above those it's all pretty competitive.
True but its financial and reputation for Newcastle, they dont have the money and even if they did they'd likely have to pay more than other clubs to get the players to choose them. So getting the players to get out of the hole will be tough.

Gloucester is different and arnt going as well this season but id say there situation is worlds from Newcastle's. There's also normally one or 2 weaker teams in the league. The table is looking great overall.

But Newcastle is a bad look for the league and without the huge investment i dont know how they will get out of it.

Latest posts