• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 12

I don't see how they could.
You never know with the RFU, its such a crusty old organisation there might be some random bylaw they could trigger, or the tried and trusted "conduct unbecoming of the game" that gets wheeled out every now and then

That said I think the likelihood of it being considered is infinitesimally small - I do think it'll be interesting to see if it any complaints are raised by union members/clubs though
Can't imagine the LGBTQI+ clubs will be thrilled about Newcastle being owned by a government that has the death penalty for homosexuality

Last edited:
Ah so the moaning has started already and nothing has even been mentioned what is going on?

What BS on the falcons network site? The only concerns really raised were about the LBQ...

But as others have mentioned Newcastle banned an anti trans person just the other week.

Besides....as I said...there's a cap! You can't go over it unless your Saracens. So it's not like they xan just hiy the league.

Hopefully improve the stadium...

This is why I hate all the rainbow laces and virtue signalling BS organisations like the RFU and premiership do. It's all talk, because when something actually matters that's a difficult subject for them they just cave.

Let's let a bunch of homophobic bigots into our game, yeah that fits the diversity and inclusion agenda.

The moaning's been going on ever since the first rumour. As you know, you've been involved in the conversations.

I explicitly said one the major bits of BS on the Sports network site.

Congratulations on someone else (IIRC) banning someone guilty of a hate crime though, do you want a medal?

Absolutely nobody is unaware that there's a salary cap - it's not the quantity of money that is an issue raised by anyone - as you know full well.

Last edited:
So why feign ignorance and put up a straw man?

Oh, and you should be aware of what people are going on about, I've already said that you've been involved in the conversations.

So why feign ignorance and put up a straw man?

Oh, and you should be aware of what people are going on about, I've already said that you've been involved in the conversations.
Not feigning any ignorance. I was expecting this reaction on social media...standard.

I mean I already said I wouldn't support Leicester if the Saudis got involved with them.
I guess I hope no away fans go to see the Falcons play at the very least.

So @Geordie what is your position on this then?

Are you ok with this investment and don't care about the moral side of things? Or not ok with any of it? Or you don't think you have a choice as it's your club?

I know if saints went down that route I'd start supporting another club (not tigers).

So @Geordie what is your position on this then?

Are you ok with this investment and don't care about the moral side of things? Or not ok with any of it? Or you don't think you have a choice as it's your club?

I know if saints went down that route I'd start supporting another club (not tigers).
Do i welcome the investment.
As a sporting answer...absolutely.
Ive said on here the other week if it was Tigers or anyone going through the same i wouldnt have a problem. This is business, and most sports now....Golf etc etc are being invested in by PIF and others....and it will be more and more widespread and common. Like it or not. Maybe people will return to watching their local clubs if they will start boycotting the Prem clubs etc.

I try to be as balanced and reasonable as i can. Moral discussions can open up a can of worms. I genuinely hope this is not sportswashing and i have not seen any evidence of that yet with United but i understand its early days.

But if we start this line....we need to look at other countries including our own corrupt government, about Morality etc...and maybe this isnt the forum for that.

Not feigning any ignorance. I was expecting this reaction on social media...standard.
If not feigning ignorance then why use words like "What BS on the falcons network site?"

That, to me, looks like someone who doesn't know what BS is on the falcons network site - despite being part of the conversation there. Or, "feigning ignorance" as it's otherwise known.

So Geordie what is your position on this then?
They told us the other week that we're all hypocrites if we don't like it.

Do i welcome the investment.
As a sporting answer...absolutely.
Ive said on here the other week if it was Tigers or anyone going through the same i wouldnt have a problem. This is business, and most sports now....Golf etc etc are being invested in by PIF and others....and it will be more and more widespread and common. Like it or not. Maybe people will return to watching their local clubs if they will start boycotting the Prem clubs etc.

I try to be as balanced and reasonable as i can. Moral discussions can open up a can of worms. I genuinely hope this is not sportswashing and i have not seen any evidence of that yet with United but i understand its early days.

But if we start this line....we need to look at other countries including our own corrupt government, about Morality etc...and maybe this isnt the forum for that.
I mean I do look at our own corrupt government lol

I think most on here dislike it
They are not investing into the sports teams of other countries to hide the blood on their hands though either

will the saudis gain that much goodwill from turning the falcons into a tigers/northampton? Doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment even from a sports washing point of view.

I mean I do look at our own corrupt government lol

I think most on here dislike it
They are not investing into the sports teams of other countries to hide the blood on their hands though either
the politics thread where we **** on every western democracy is one of the most popular parts of the forum lol

Latest posts