• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 12

The only reason they invest so heavily in sports is to distract from their atrocious human rights records - called "Sportswashing"
Run everything at a massive loss so that people just see them as eccentric billionaires who love propping up sports instead of murdering, torturing, slavers

TF for Bruce Craig.
My interest in the Prem has been waning for a few years now anyway; this would be another hit to my interest; if my club were named, I think Prem would have lost me and I'd have had to find a way of watching Top14 regularly, and actually picking a team, rather than having 2-3 I kinda keep an eye on.

TF for Bruce Craig.
My interest in the Prem has been waning for a few years now anyway; this would be another hit to my interest; if my club were named, I think Prem would have lost me and I'd have had to find a way of watching Top14 regularly, and actually picking a team, rather than having 2-3 I kinda keep an eye on.

I think I actually would start supporting Munster or Leinster if it happens tbh

Yeh like I get you want falcons to have the spending power again but don't pretend you don't understand people's aggression towards it
On the contrary....i just wonder if people understand how much this group are involved in most other aspects of peoples lives...??

People dont seem to mind that...

The only reason they invest so heavily in sports is to distract from their atrocious human rights records - called "Sportswashing"
Run everything at a massive loss so that people just see them as eccentric billionaires who love propping up sports instead of murdering, torturing, slavers
And yet they have huge investments in most other aspects of peoples lives yet noone seems to mind that...?

Depends who "they" is. Can honestly say I've never bought a Starbucks and while I technically have a Facebook account I haven't really used it since about 2018.
Facebook and Starbucks were merely two examples...they invest heavily in pretty much every aspect of our lives. Thats the point im trying to make...

They're into everything.

Look im not sitting here supporting the Saudi Regime...just making a point.

Ill leave it there.
I get your point but ultimately it takes itself apart. If the Saudis are involved in everything then we can't boycott everything that they're involved in can we, as at a point we've still got to be able to function, travel, etc.

But that doesn't mean we should like that they've got their hands in everything, nor does it mean that we shouldn't take a stance about them getting involved in the things that we absolutely can boycott such as sport/entertainment.

Latest posts