• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of people have pointed out the amount of abuse Diane Abbott got with her inability to read numbers and calculations, yet the media are somewhat silent with Patel

I can make my peace with her mistake, but why not apologise and correct herself? As it is, I think she did herself a favour as it has drawn fire from blatant, clumsy refusal to apologise for the PPE failings.

I can make my peace with her mistake, but why not apologise and correct herself? As it is, I think she did herself a favour as it has drawn fire from blatant, clumsy refusal to apologise for the PPE failings.
No, no, she didn't refuse to apologise for PPE failings - she was very sorry that some people are upset that they feel that not having any PPE might be considered a failing.
You see, it contained the word "sorry" somewhere in there.

No, no, she didn't refuse to apologise for PPE failings - she was very sorry that some people are upset that they feel that not having any PPE might be considered a failing.
You see, it contained the word "sorry" somewhere in there.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not. Her refusal was tacit - she was asked to apologise and didn't. What she actually did implied that those who are upset are at fault for feeling this way.

During yesterday's media briefing she referred to it as a 'national pandemic'. To think they actually brought her back in from the political wilderness. Goodness knows how she managed to land another cabinet position.

Add that to the list of people she got arrested for "counter-terrorism offences"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1224619601738137600

Priti stupid is another idiot unfit to run a tap.

These labour leaks are pretty damning
Yeah its all very weird...

from the guardian -
Ian Austin, the former Labour MP who left the party over antisemitism and later called on people to back Boris Johnson, said the report was unreliable.

He tweeted: "In last days of Jeremy Corbyn's leadership, Labour trawled through 10,000 emails and messages to produce a report into antisemitism that attempts to shield him and his supporters from any blame, and instead pin responsibility on whistleblowers and former members of staff"

Feel like that's important to recognise too.

I dunno to be honest, he's done, and it's probably time to move on... it does feel all a bit like a soap opera.

These labour leaks are pretty damning

What's the general gist of the leaked reports?

All I've seen trending on my Twitter about it relates to officials in the Labour Party proactively working against Corbyn before the 2017 General Election.

That could be because my feed tends to be pro-Corbyn

All I've seen trending on my Twitter about it relates to officials in the Labour Party proactively working against Corbyn before the 2017 General Election
That's the gist of it
Diverting funds away from swing seats to safely held (by these anti-Corbyn MPs) areas is the worst part considering 2500 votes in certain constituencies could've swung it to a labour win

I think it shows just how divided the Labour party is. You have two sides that appear to be completely at odds with each other. Will the left side of the party with groups like momentum get behind Starmer or continue this infighting. That's the question.

In terms of Starmer himself he always had a huge rebuilding job to do anyway and while this isn't great publicity it's probably better to get it out the way now and try to move on than it coming out 1-2 years down the line.

How can you look at that and then blame Momentum/Corbyn?!

The centrists of the party actively worked to get the Tories re-elected - momentum et al do more damage than good more often than not but the "centre left" are very much the issue.

It's like something out of yes minister...

Then again they say a lot of what happened in that was pretty close to the truth.

JZdsLg4aW6bGxLaM_2N3B7JdiqSMh_A4LxpgDgM3gqpNuLBgA8wQjdJEDC7wsEdQhocTJraBCTTrKFS0gqzUG5aYbD3zbxR98-wamc_m6V8HA-MG-E5lwfL7zkYAx74fzg5OdBZGvPga8r_XcXxCFRRLa5WneohY0MD-f4vobuxwh2chbJqdxXx0eSgNM5AVhs07YXMnD6SUTFwEiW-qaL5_8sjfq_rP2-F3NggmHN1CZHxxX6OVa5PcYWXXC4EE77fNTKUNLW7na0mxfRTxZJICjJ31heIGpHYcHs4sBAHxUxgVusm7e7tx5EnMn0ZZs5C8E62GOTyy0Z7TLSPptaKu59oiazcBK8Dkh-YCllJCO2IVstpNoOEigeNmxG6qW7SRGvIDkgIcOeBDjyal_edKbjuze0Em81_viTEY_vaEBV4uLREaX56cdgKEVD6RX2bMvYi-tIvDtoGBzD3cXaj2N_JKbA6DMmiVnOGZDrXaK2RmVbTfVzMnaZzo7DdFIFDII-ypP71SYBkDTrRZ4_sjuCxTAwkI6v43GxgabthCq8BWao_2PtNb0h9kKOe1PITI6__4N0unZFiGSziA3WJfuoOrE1P1U4806W6NIa5gF4Nvgx7R7QQcOaHTXvdev9Xx1CYlWGJsKfPuH_A6t6vvnT5DS5cDfuzX7ZByhvQIAwXPSmKqiKw2BDm3Pw=w332-h400-no

we're gonna have a god damn constitutional crisis.

I'm here for it as long as I don't have to take Con-law I again

Eamonn Holmes in trouble after spreading 5G disinformation claiming it is harmful.

The state of people's scientific understanding, or lack of it, is just so painful. You can literally sit these idiots down and explain step by step how 5G is perfectly safe and they don't want to know! They are idiots who want to feel that they are actually smart and somehow the "free thinkers". Apparently the scientific theories of the 40's and 50's were all a pack of lies intended to allow us to roll out 5G in 2020 and yes, they think that is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

If only we could convince them running full speed head first into a brick wall could make you smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts