• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS

Bernie wouldn't have won but he would have at least put up a better fight in debates and in the media vs Trump, and also exposed people to the notion that things can change.
Biden too busy scabbing for money off the healthcare/insurance industry, making racist remarks and smelling hair to do anything other than get steam rolled and fade away into obscurity.

Screenshot_20200408-175239.jpg

Strangely agree with him... It's a weird feeling

The issue with asking Bernie fans to blindly vote Biden is they're not necessarily Democrats - hell Bernie was a Democrat in name only.

Biden is the lesser of two evils but that won't sway people, really.
It's biting of their nose to spite their face, in many ways, but voting for party over beliefs/morals/ethics is unpalatable to many politically motivated people.
Especially when Medicare 4 All is such a big deal, and Biden is 100% against it.

Apart from the fact Sanders supporters wouldn't touch the Republican party with a barge pole. More likely to do the usual left wing thing and splinter than join the Republicans.
I can't remember the stat last time but the amount of Bernie supporters that did last time because of Clinton/didn't actually vote basically handed trump the election... Even a few can have a big impact

I can't remember the stat last time but the amount of Bernie supporters that did last time because of Clinton/didn't actually vote basically handed trump the election... Even a few can have a big impact

It's one of the most infuriating things about the left, the vote is nearly always split. Ask Bernie supporters if they would prefer Trump to Biden and I doubt any would say yes but ask them if they would be prepared to vote for Biden to prevent that, a large chunk would say no.

well the gop is trying as hard as possible to prevent ballot by mail. If the epidemic continues, which is a possibility with how **** we've handled it, there's a good chance voter turnout will be an all time low since universal suffrage.

Also the democratic parties treatment of Tara reade is despicable when compared to how they got behind Christine Ford.

And he's such a F'ing hypocrite saying voting by mail is corrupt when a reporter pointed out he voted by mail himself In Florida. And he said yeah that's because he can because he was out of state in Washington DC. :confused::rolleyes:. Yeah what a way to totally contradict oneself.o_O

You recall correctly Biden has said he would choose a female running mate. But sometimes major crisis and events reveal true leadership and if Biden changes his mind and approaches Cuomo then who knows. It is crunch time and Trump is getting all the coverage from his daily briefings, despite all the misinformation etc. He is using them as a substitute for his political rallies.

Right now, of course, Cuomo's mind is fighting and doing everything possible to stem the virus in NY state. But still I am just putting it out there as a discussion point really. The practical reality is this virus could run on and on Until November and Cuomo is just not in a position to Think about it accept such a proposal.

After Sanders bowed out of the race yesterday, Biden confirmed that he will choose a woman to be his running mate. I hope he picks Klobuchar because she really went after Trump during the debates.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200410-140018.jpg

This is now doing the rounds online...

Yup standard smeer tactic stuff no different to the targeted stuff at Jo Swinson when she became leader of the LDs.

People don't care about due process and meeting the level of required evidence (which there was not at the time, it only became overwhelming after he died). Not also adding it was a mere 2 years before he died and nobody had caught the ******* for 82 years at that point. But let's blame on one person for that utter failing...

EVQjk1TWkAE33A_

Yup standard smeer tactic stuff no different to the targeted stuff at Jo Swinson when she became leader of the LDs.

People don't care about due process and meeting the level of required evidence (which there was not at the time, it only became overwhelming after he died). Not also adding it was a mere 2 years before he died and nobody had caught the ******* for 82 years at that point. But let's blame on one person for that utter failing...
All party leaders get it. Not just Swinson and Starmar. Whether you think the smeering is justified depends on your political leanings.

For the record it was the last chance the CPS had to nail Saville before he died but he was protected by the establishment entirely, not just by the government at the time.

I see the **** Priti Patel covered herself in glory again by not being able to read a number...
Honestly if it wasn't for Rishi Sunak who thank **** actually appears to be competent I'd feel sorry for BAME people. Finally gets represented in the highest offices of government and they had Patel and Javid to represent them. Especially Patel who just appears careerist and no moral bone in her body.

I see the **** Priti Patel covered herself in glory again by not being able to read a number...

During yesterday's media briefing she referred to it as a 'national pandemic'. To think they actually brought her back in from the political wilderness. Goodness knows how she managed to land another cabinet position.

All party leaders get it. Not just Swinson and Starmar. Whether you think the smeering is justified depends on your political leanings.
I was more referring more to orchestrated attacks the moment they are elected leader. With Starmer nothing was mentioned of this before elected leader then suddenly it's everywhere. With Swinson the same but it was her record in coalition.

However it's true all get smeered I think there is difference between leaders who may have been part of bad choices whilst part of a bigger machine. And say Corbyn's history with interacting with terrorist leaders and Johnson's long history of terrible decisions. It's between decisions of an indivdual and those of a collective.

On the CPS they have a duty to prosecute cases they believe they have reasonable chance to convict. They clearly felt sadly they didn't have enough to nail him whilst alive. I don't really know how thats reasonably Starmers fault. Otherwise he'd have tried Cliff Richard or other spurious cases. The law system is nowhere near perfect but they can't waste money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts