• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to Bojo. Over to you ICU staff to save him and hope he doesn't have any underlying conditions.
Apparently he's not on a ventilator yet but if he does chances are currently set at 50%

What do peeps think of Biden choosing Andrew Cuomo as running mate? I know Biden has said he would choose a woman as a running mate, but let's face it so far Cuomo has shown real leadership during this NYC crisis and also eschewing party politics. It really would be a coup and also let's face it if Biden were to win he would only be able to serve 1 term because he'd be 81 come 2024. This could ensure that Cuomo could take over after Biden and ensure Trump doesn't get back in in 2024 and 2028 if he were to be successful.

I think Cuomo would make a great running mate. But if I remember correctly Biden said that he'll chose a woman to be on his ticket. Can he go back on that and still get the female vote?

I think Cuomo would make a great running mate. But if I remember correctly Biden said that he'll chose a woman to be on his ticket. Can he go back on that and still get the female vote?

You recall correctly Biden has said he would choose a female running mate. But sometimes major crisis and events reveal true leadership and if Biden changes his mind and approaches Cuomo then who knows. It is crunch time and Trump is getting all the coverage from his daily briefings, despite all the misinformation etc. He is using them as a substitute for his political rallies.

Right now, of course, Cuomo's mind is fighting and doing everything possible to stem the virus in NY state. But still I am just putting it out there as a discussion point really. The practical reality is this virus could run on and on Until November and Cuomo is just not in a position to Think about it accept such a proposal.

Apparently he's not on a ventilator yet but if he does chances are currently set at 50%

Whose odds are they? 30% survival rate is the most optomistic prognosis I've read. A mate working in emergancy medicine in Oz quoted 20-30% in a group chat a week or two ago. Based on new articles I've read, a covid patient is (marginally) odds on to die once they're serious enough to be admitted to ICU. The same friend in the same group chat made the point that they may be treating him with kids gloves given who he is and sticking him in ICU so that he gets 1:1 care rather than sharing care givers on a ward, so his chances may be better than the numbers imply.

Whose odds are they? 30% survival rate is the most optomistic prognosis I've read. A mate working in emergancy medicine in Oz quoted 20-30% in a group chat a week or two ago. Based on new articles I've read, a covid patient is (marginally) odds on to die once they're serious enough to be admitted to ICU. The same friend in the same group chat made the point that they may be treating him with kids gloves given who he is and sticking him in ICU so that he gets 1:1 care rather than sharing care givers on a ward, so his chances may be better than the numbers imply.
My friend, it's not sourced though in the respect I know they have access to the data but I can't quote it, so fair enough.

Think the kids gloves thing is a red herring though. You don't give the PM preferential treatment in a crisis when that area is limited and resource limited at best of times. You also don't create a panic by it. They've also been downplaying it until now.

The 50% is from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC) and is for confirmed cases who go into ICU.
I'm pretty sure I read mortality rate is 78% if you're put on a ventilator.

The numbers will be skewed a bit as not every age group has the same chances, and underlying conditions etc. however Johnson is a smoker, overweight, very stressful job, has asthma and had pneumonia as a child - so I can see why they're taking every precaution

You recall correctly Biden has said he would choose a female running mate. But sometimes major crisis and events reveal true leadership and if Biden changes his mind and approaches Cuomo then who knows. It is crunch time and Trump is getting all the coverage from his daily briefings, despite all the misinformation etc. He is using them as a substitute for his political rallies.

Right now, of course, Cuomo's mind is fighting and doing everything possible to stem the virus in NY state. But still I am just putting it out there as a discussion point really. The practical reality is this virus could run on and on Until November and Cuomo is just not in a position to Think about it accept such a proposal.

I think it's a good shout in theory but not sure it'll work from a time perspective. Cuomo's stock is on the up but if he is consumed with stemming the virus over the next few months I'm not sure he'd be ready for the campaign trail which starts way ahead of the election itself. Also Biden is very gaff prone and I think Trump will pound him in the TV debates where he has struggled badly in the past with some error strewn and shaky performances. I'm not sure if Cuomo would want to be seen as playing Robin to an old struggling gaff prone Batman.

I think it's a good shout in theory but not sure it'll work from a time perspective. Cuomo's stock is on the up but if he is consumed with stemming the virus over the next few months I'm not sure he'd be ready for the campaign trail which starts way ahead of the election itself. Also Biden is very gaff prone and I think Trump will pound him in the TV debates where he has struggled badly in the past with some error strewn and shaky performances. I'm not sure if Cuomo would want to be seen as playing Robin to an old struggling gaff prone Batman.

Yeah most likely wishful thinking on my part. 4 more years of Trump and an endorsement of his mishandling and gaslighting of the American electorate because the alternative is not really much better. Two candidates in their 70s, it really does day a lot about the state of American politics, not that British politics can talk.

however Johnson is a smoker, overweight, very stressful job, has asthma and had pneumonia as a child - so I can see why they're taking every precaution

According to Wall Walden (friend of Boris / former firestor of communications) "He will whip anybody's backside on a tennis court, he runs regularly, he doesn't smoke, he drinks moderately. So I think if anyone is in a good position both physically and mentally to fight off the disease then the Prime Minister is that person."

He's wrong on the tennis claim at very least:

Yeah most likely wishful thinking on my part. 4 more years of Trump and an endorsement of his mishandling and gaslighting of the American electorate because the alternative is not really much better. Two candidates in their 70s, it really does day a lot about the state of American politics, not that British politics can talk.

Unbelievably US politics is even more poisonous than most of my posts!!

Someone else's death you will be wishing for then

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said I was wishing for Johnson's death. I just refrained from wishing him well. I'm indifferent to his fate.

I would definitely wish that he wasn't able to resume his role.

Cummings is possibly an even more odious creature than Johnson, and will continue to negatively impact the lives of millions in future.

For the two of them, its balancing millions vs. an individual, therefore its hard not to come down on the side of wishing for them not being able to continue in/resume their posts. How that comes about I am indifferent to.

I'm sure someone somehow loves them, yeah, even Cummings - so I suppose given their loved ones haven't had the same negative impact on millions - for their sake its probably better if its via continued illness rather than death.

4 more years of Trump? :eek: Please God, stop the madness!!!

All eyes on America come November and down to those Swing state voters to come out in force and kick this Buffoon out of office.

well the gop is trying as hard as possible to prevent ballot by mail. If the epidemic continues, which is a possibility with how **** we've handled it, there's a good chance voter turnout will be an all time low since universal suffrage.

Also the democratic parties treatment of Tara reade is despicable when compared to how they got behind Christine Ford.

Bernie drops out of the Presidential Race to be the Democratic nomination.

Four more years of Trump will fly by...

Bernie drops out of the Presidential Race to be the Democratic nomination.

Four more years of Trump will fly by...
He was never ever going to win anyway.

Didn't have any faith in any of them but if anyone would have divided the US more then it would have been a Bernie candidacy...

All luck to biden but I've been consigned to another trump presidency since we lost mayor Pete (even tho I know that was false hope haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts