• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Antisocial, societal issues thread

I've said this in an above post, but Britain has a huge drinking problem and culture and has done for years. Like McTallShort said, it's not as obvious as it once was due to people now staying home and drinking as it's cheaper, but it's still there. Like an addict though, they don't see it as an issue and dismiss the thought.
Yes, and I don't think we'll change that culture it's so embedded. I've read that fewer young people are drinking but I don't know how widespread that really is. I can only tell of my own experience and none of my family are drinkers.

I was always amazed by my English friends/work colleagues who can drink like it was water and keep going. I guess it's a genetic thing. But for me it was a part of growing up and fitting in. Not that I was ever a big drinker and thankfully can now moderate.

Last edited:
Yes, and I don't think we'll change that culture it's so embedded. I've read that fewer young people are drinking but I don't know how widespread that really is. I can only tell of my own experience and none of my family are drinkers.

I was always amazed by my English friends/work colleagues who can drink like it was water and keep going. I guess it's a genetic thing. But for me it was a part of growing up and fitting in. Not that I was ever a big drinker and thankfully can now moderate.

I tend to stay away from the drinkers. They're typically not nice people tbh and incredibly narcissistic.

Rugby clubs and drinking will never catch on. You'd never see boat races, left handed drinking, yards of ale, pints of top shelf, iron man races, half time hip flasks etc at any rugby club I've ever been in.

Latest posts