• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Can anyone explain to me just why Republicans seem to think that carrying around a sample jars of semen is A] owning the lib.s and B] countering the accusation that they're weird and creepy?

I'm at a complete loss as to WTF
WTF....i have missed what this is in reference too.....

Hope so.

I also hope this is the case. In some quarters motorists became a 'voting demographic' during the election campaign with all their complaints about potholes while those people who walk and cycle (which eases the burden on the NHS, reduces traffic congestion, CO2 emissions etc) were barely mentioned. This does sound encouraging and makes complete sense.

Hope so.
Perfect example of treating the disease, not the symptoms. Just throwing money at the NHS is not a long term solution. Making people healthier and in less need of it will. Hopefully they can also start to get something in the works to properly tackle the causes of crime to ease the burden on police and jails.

Perfect example of treating the disease, not the symptoms. Just throwing money at the NHS is not a long term solution. Making people healthier and in less need of it will. Hopefully they can also start to get something in the works to properly tackle the causes of crime to ease the burden on police and jails.
What about those of us who are disabled and can neither walk nor cycle ?

Presumably, you mean those who also can't use a wheel chair.
But, what about them? improving infrastructure for pedestrians and cyclists =/= making things worse for people who aren't pedestrians or cyclists.

Improving health outcomes for those who can =/= reducing outcomes for those who can't

Presumably, you mean who who also can't use a wheel chair.
But, what about them? improving infrastructure for pedestrians and cyclists =/= making things worse for people who aren't pedestrians or cyclists.
Yes, I can't use a wheelchair either.

We are just expected to become totally housebound, are we ? Car travel is also acutely painful for me, so I rarely leave the house these days, but I do need to see a Dr or go to Hospital occasionally !

We are just expected to become totally housebound, are we ? Car travel is also acutely painful for me, so I rarely leave the house these days, but I do need to see a Dr or go to Hospital occasionally !
Sorry to hear that.

There needs to be a balance as with everything in life. People with a disability that requires car travel obviously need it and that's fine. However, there are many people who use the NHS for issues relating to the increase in inactivity in people's lives. But encouraging people in general to be healthier then it should decrease the use of the NHS and allow it to focus more on health issues that are unavoidable.

Sorry to hear that.

There needs to be a balance as with everything in life. People with a disability that requires car travel obviously need it and that's fine. However, there are many people who use the NHS for issues relating to the increase in inactivity in people's lives. But encouraging people in general to be healthier then it should decrease the use of the NHS and allow it to focus more on health issues that are unavoidable.
Exactly. There needs to be a balance.

From what I see watching hospital programmes, cyclists have a lot of accidents requiring the use of the NHS !

I don't think the intention is that this is a zero sum game, car travel will still dominate.

Cycling understructure has been woefully neglected, finally fixing that doesn't mean that cars are neglected.

I'm truly sorry to hear that.
I'm really not sure where your second paragraph is coming from though. There's nothing in there about throwing you and those in similar conditions, under the bus.

Absolutely nothing about encouraging those who can walk, cycle, or use a wheelchair to walk, cycle, or use a wheelchair, means that life will get worse for those who can't.
That's a step of logic that is escaping me. Could you walk me through it please?

I'm also not seeing why an attempt to address the single biggest driver or morbidity and mortality in this country is a bad thing.

From what I see watching hospital programmes, cyclists have a lot of accidents requiring the use of the NHS !
But you're opposed to an attempt to improve things and reduce the rate of accidents?

Last edited:
FT on it now too. https://www.ft.com/content/5f0ec7d0-2c14-48b0-955f-462009dbe399?shareType=nongift

Surely they've got to row back in this, it's not acceptable
I especially don't like that 'all rules were followed' line. Smacks of the Conservative excuse and just because no rules are broken doesn't mean it's not moral. I don't like, but I also think it's a Westminister bubble story unless one of these appointments completely explodes with some kind of hidden scandal. Majority of voter are purely focused on the economy and wanting services to improve. If Labour do that, then they'll get away with it.

I especially don't like that 'all rules were followed' line. Smacks of the Conservative excuse and just because no rules are broken doesn't mean it's not moral. I don't like, but I also think it's a Westminister bubble story unless one of these appointments completely explodes with some kind of hidden scandal. Majority of voter are purely focused on the economy and wanting services to improve. If Labour do that, then they'll get away with it.
This, just because something is technically legal, doesn't mean it's right. I would have thought Labour would be more interested in avoiding the appearance of favours for mates.

Latest posts