• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Could it ever work?

If they'd fix the undue difficulties in sacking public sector workers that aren't pulling their weight then it'd never make sense to privatise.

As usual, legal sector have a lot to answer for - in this case they hold the public sector to a very different (and unrealistic) standard compared to private.
Public sectors can't be that bad. Starmer keeps giving donors jobs in it.

Public sectors can't be that bad. Starmer keeps giving donors jobs in it.
Its a problem extending back decades across multiple governments. None of the main political parties can hide from the fact they've had numerous chances to sort it.

BBC News - Under cover of war, extremists are seizing Palestinian land – they hope permanently - BBC News

The part that so often gets ignored regarding Israel, whilst Hamas carried out a single, large atrocity, Israel are continuously commits these smaller atrocities. The actions of the settlers have never stopped and an only 3% prosecution rate shows the state is complicit.

Honestly, if Hamas wiped out a few hundred or so settlers on the West Bank, while not good as killing people isn't obviously, I honestly don't think I personally would've given to many fucks about it. Fair game in my book.

Honestly, if Hamas wiped out a few hundred or so settlers on the West Bank, while not good as killing people isn't obviously, I honestly don't think I personally would've given to many fucks about it. Fair game in my book.
I wonder what pro-Israel Westerners would do if thugs just came to their homes and kicked them out?

I bet there'd be some strong resistance and it would get violent pretty quickly.

I wonder what pro-Israel Westerners would do if thugs just came to their homes and kicked them out?

I bet there'd be some strong resistance and it would get violent pretty quickly.
Where i live it would be like Paddington bear, first fix them with a hard stare. If that fails a strongly worded Email or a bad review on trust pilot should do the trick.

What's the difference between settlers in this century vs the kids of settlers last century?

Removed from the situation it's easy to differentiate but asking natives whose parents and grandparents were run out of their homes to establish a nation that should never have been created is a bit much. Hamas is a product of Israel.

What's the difference between settlers in this century vs the kids of settlers last century?

Removed from the situation it's easy to differentiate but asking natives whose parents and grandparents were run out of their homes to establish a nation that should never have been created is a bit much. Hamas is a product of Israel.
You can play this game going back far further. What about the Jews that were expelled from that area by the Romans?

Isreal has been an internationally recognised country since 48. We may not like how it was created since the Ottoman Empire fell which previously ruled over that area but there is a clear difference between that and what Isreal are doing now in the West Bank. There has never been a country called Palestine and early Jewish settlers even purchased land off the Ottomans prior to the empire collapsing. That's the difference.

But as I say, like the creation of any nation state, I don't particularly like how it came about, powers that be make decisions that effect the ordinary people that live in said lands and the reality is Isreal is not going anywhere now. What do you say to the generations of Israelis who have been born and raised there and know nothing else?

You can play this game going back far further. What about the Jews that were expelled from that area by the Romans?
Totally different to living memory. Not even ethnically the same people.
Isreal has been an internationally recognised country since 48. We may not like how it was created since the Ottoman Empire fell which previously ruled over that area but there is a clear difference between that and what Isreal are doing now in the West Bank. There has never been a country called Palestine and early Jewish settlers even purchased land off the Ottomans prior to the empire collapsing. That's the difference.
Parents and grandparents being forced out of homes at the threat of violence is the issue. The name of the country doesn't matter one bit, the land was stolen.
But as I say, like the creation of nation state, I don't particularly like how it came about, powers that be make decisions that effect the ordinary people that live in said lands and the reality is Isreal is not going anywhere now. What do you say to the generations of Israelis who have been born and raised there and know nothing else.
Stop being genocidal *****. Stop playing the victim. Stop being racist. Stop killing kids. Get your ******* house in order. You are disgusting, horrible people who should be shunned by the world and every second you live in that country and do nothing you add to this.

Totally different to living memory. Not even ethnically the same people.

Parents and grandparents being forced out of homes at the threat of violence is the issue. The name of the country doesn't matter one bit, the land was stolen.

Stop being genocidal *****. Stop playing the victim. Stop being racist. Stop killing kids. Get your ******* house in order. You are disgusting, horrible people who should be shunned by the world and every second you live in that country and do nothing you add to this.
I thought we both agreed on a 2 state solution but your post reads differently. Maybe we should end it here before things boil over.

I thought we both agreed on a 2 state solution but your post reads differently. Maybe we should end it here before things boil over.
I do (solely because I don't think you can move 10million people, if you could I wouldn't be) but I just thought the perspective of differentiating new settlers vs old settlers was a weird one.

As for Israelis (this isn't really a response to you but sure look), unless they were to condemn what their country is doing (and I'm.yer to come across this), I wouldn't date one, I wouldn't be friends with one, I wouldn't work or do business with one, I'd barely speak to one. My perspective is while they are living in support of that nation, they are thieves and complicit to genocide.

Ukraine has only been an internationally recognised country since 92 (I think) is Putin justified in what he's doing?

Loads of ****** yo **** happened around the end of WW2 and has always happened through the last few millennia

But look, I like you dude and I can see how your perspective is different to mine and I even sympathise a hell of a lot with the other side of this but I don't want to fall out over something we see differently but it is an emotive subject.

Ukraine has only been an internationally recognised country since 92 (I think) is Putin justified in what he's doing?

Loads of ****** yo **** happened around the end of WW2 and has always happened through the last few millennia

But look, I like you dude and I can see how your perspective is different to mine and I even sympathise a hell of a lot with the other side of this but I don't want to fall out over something we see differently but it is an emotive subject.
Ukrainians are Ukranians who've lived there for centuries.

Israelis are mostly Europeans who've lived there for 80ish years max.

It's different.

But yeah, happy to leave it.

I heard one political commentator say that a ceasefire is Netanyahu's worst nightmare and would almost certainly end his grip on power. Israel being at war prolongs his grip. He keeps adding conditions that he knows Hamas won't accept. A year before the American election it was a case of now or never to complete his 'mission'. The October attacks by Hamas gave him the excuse he needed. He's dragging the war out to hurt the Democrats chances in the hope that Trump gets back in which will allow him to remove the option of a two state solution and complete the land grab. It's not about hostages anymore - he doesn't give a **** about them and never has. He values his grip on power more. It's amazing how Israeli intelligence is mysteriously on point again after the 'oversight' of them not anticipating the October attacks (including the Egyptian President personally warning Netanyahu which was bizarrely ignored).

The leadership of Israel and Hamas have let their citizens down massively and I hope there is regime change on both sides sooner rather than later. A Trump would will be very bad news for Ukrainians and Palestinians.

Last edited:
At least the world is now aware of what Israel is doing and has been doing for decades. Their bull5hit narrative is falling to pieces.

The great world superpower America being dragged into this is also a spectacular failure. Most Americans don't want this.

Latest posts