• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Roundabouts and other driving pet peeves

Yes i get that but some roads 20 is rediculous IMO, as i said some small villages and the ones you said 100% 20mph zones and some other roads but it seems theyve gone too far with some roads.
It's not gonna be solved just by turning roads to 20. There are just too many cars on our roads. We have reached the precipice in terms of numbers - apparently 40m registered vehicles and this is going to improve needing to turn most of tbose to EVs. I am still sceptical we'll ever get there.

I am moaning more about our transport policy and lack of political will to really change the car centric culture which will be next to impossible to change because peeps are too dependent on their cars. It's not a good way of living IMO.

I have to traverse a dutch roundabout a few times a week. As Cambridge was the first place to have one in the UK. As far as I'm aware it's had more accidents than the previous lay out.

I have to traverse a dutch roundabout a few times a week. As Cambridge was the first place to have one in the UK. As far as I'm aware it's had more accidents than the previous lay out.

I wonder if that's down to poor messaging/education or driver ignorance/negligence. I remember when the highway code was changed re. pedestrians having right of way when crossing a junction (no 2 in the link below) there was a half hearted TV advertising campaign that clearly wasn't very wide reaching. I'm sure many drivers still aren't aware of these rule changes. I have been honked at, shouted at and given the middle finger by entitled ignorant drivers who failed to follow these rules.

Just saw a female cyclist honked at because she dared to turn right meaning the car behind her couldn't beat an amber traffic light about to turn red. I get that a minority of cyclists can be difficult and behave like arseholes but driver entitlement is a massive problem on the roads IMO. The level of entitlement seems to go up the bigger/faster/more expensive the car.

I wonder if that's down to poor messaging/education or driver ignorance/negligence. I remember when the highway code was changed re. pedestrians having right of way when crossing a junction (no 2 in the link below) there was a half hearted TV advertising campaign that clearly wasn't very wide reaching. I'm sure many drivers still aren't aware of these rule changes. I have been honked at, shouted at and given the middle finger by entitled ignorant drivers who failed to follow these rules.

Just saw a female cyclist honked at because she dared to turn right meaning the car behind her couldn't beat an amber traffic light about to turn red. I get that a minority of cyclists can be difficult and behave like arseholes but driver entitlement is a massive problem on the roads IMO. The level of entitlement seems to go up the bigger/faster/more expensive the car.

The round about isn't actually that big which is part of the issue. How it cost over 2 million is beyond me. It does take some getting the hang of. When giving way when exiting the round about etc causing traffic to stop on the round about. Another issue is cycles and e-scooters coming at speed from both directions.

I think you are right if there were more of them and people were experienced with them it would be better. Unfortunately they are not and it's made things more dangerous with 8 of the 11 accidents involving cyclists from what i can tell. Even at the start you can see a cyclist come the wrong way then exit on the zebra crossing.

Pretty shocking that he casually picks up to answer the phone whilst driving an HGV. Good, but very risky catch by Mikey, as you will see how the driver reacts afterwards, by driving towards him afterwards as though to knock him off and kill him afterwards.
Being higher up in the cab no doubt made him feel impervious to being caught.

I saw one HGV driver on a walk causally scrolling through his smart phone whilst trying to overtake a car with his left hand and his eyes firmly on the phone. Caught it on camera but my local police DET wouldn't prosecute this one because it was just too far away despite clear evidence of him pushing his thumb against the phone whilst driving a 10 tonne plus lorry.

Latest posts