• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

See, this charisma thing is overrated. I prefer competence and integrity over that trait.

So do I but having it in addition to competence & integrity is better than not having it IMO - especially if you're trying to inspire over a hundred million people and influence/build relationships with other world leaders.

Absolutely does. If you can't get elected President you're not presidential and to fail to get elected while running against a game show host who was then defeated by a corpse 4 years later shows she didn't have what it takes.

I really don't get why people make all these excuses about HC, She lost to Trump, a man that had never won an election in his life, who was really only running for **** and giggles and she failed badly.
I think we're working off different definitions or something. She had a lot going against her and was obviously far from the ideal candidate but to say she wasn't presidential I find a bit odd. I don't define presidential as whether you win an election or not.

For the role of American President, I am expecting a truly high calibre individual who possesses competence, leadership skills, presence, the ability to influence/connect with people (domestically & globally) and of course charisma etc. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were the two (in my lifetime) who ticked these boxes.
Um...Rose tinted glasses I think. Clinton's first term then probably yes but not his second particularly when you factor in his very inappropriate affair with a young intern. As for Obama I think many of his (and his secretary of State) decisions made the world a worse place (Libya, Syria) and failed to show any leadership with regards Russia or China. Regards his domestic record I'm not sure but he did have a reputation for hiding away and given who was elected after him I would say he had at best limited success.

Yes they were both Democrats and they could make a good speech but there weren't many other boxes they ticked...apart from Clinton being good pals with Jeff Epstein.

president's job is win votes, appoint the right people, and not be an embarrassment.

The second is the most important but you need to do the first in order to be able to do it.
Of course, just this whole Trump has "charisma" makes me wanna 🤮, especially when he lacks so much else.

Includes
"I believe wholeheartedly, Donald Trump and Butler County's JD Vance are the last chance to save our country," said George Lang, a Republican state senator. "Politically, I'm afraid if we lose this one, it's going to take a civil war to save the country and it will be saved. It's the greatest experiment in the history of mankind."

At what point did i say women?

Or are you saying more white women voted for Hillary? Which was my point that they didn't.

The Dems have long had an issue attracting white women voters. They've voted Republican for over ten elections.
you replied to my post which was about the fact there are lots of women who will vote for a woman as they feel they are a direct representation of them
They also messed up by giving Hilary another shot at the nomination after Obama beat her eight years earlier. She was not popular and never President material.

didn't she win the popular vote? valid point that she didnt win within the system....but more than 50% of people wanted her

Personally, Hilary only lost because Comey intervened at the 11th hour with that ridiculous investigation that went absolutely no where. I'm sure that swung a lot of voters on the fence. He could easily have investigated earlier and have been finished, but announced just before the election and immediately after concluded there was no case to answer.

If he does lose to Kamala he'll never accept it and will probably lead to a civil war. Losing to 77 year old compared to a woman of colour and being bitter and twisted.

Um...Rose tinted glasses I think. Clinton's first term then probably yes but not his second particularly when you factor in his very inappropriate affair with a young intern. As for Obama I think many of his (and his secretary of State) decisions made the world a worse place (Libya, Syria) and failed to show any leadership with regards Russia or China. Regards his domestic record I'm not sure but he did have a reputation for hiding away and given who was elected after him I would say he had at best limited success.

Yes they were both Democrats and they could make a good speech but there weren't many other boxes they ticked...apart from Clinton being good pals with Jeff Epstein.

No President is perfect and they will all make mistakes but tbf they both inherited a mess from Bush Snr and George W who performed much worse IMO. Clinton was the one who pushed for and oversaw economic globalisation and Obama had to repair America's reputation on the global stage after George W and his war mongers were finished with Iraq and the middle east. It's not like relations with Russia and China improved under Trump or Biden - if anything things have gotten worse.

Last edited:
No President is perfect and they will all make mistakes but tbf they both inherited a mess from Bush Snr and George W who performed much worse IMO. Clinton was the one who pushed for and oversaw economic globalisation and Obama had to repair America's reputation on the global stage after George W and his war mongers were finished with Iraq and the middle east. It's not like relations with Russia and China improved under Trump or Biden - if anything things have gotten worse.
What did Bush senior do wrong?

As for war mongering, the Obama administration was probably the most aggressive one since Vietnam. I really don't understand how you draw that conclusion apart from when Russia annexed Crimea and Ukraine asked for military aid and Obama said no which was extremely short sited

Thought it was April Fools Day.

Going to listen for the craic, and hope a few of O'Brien's quality callers ring in to challenge her.

First topic is immigration and the boats.

What did Bush senior do wrong?

As for war mongering, the Obama administration was probably the most aggressive one since Vietnam. I really don't understand how you draw that conclusion apart from when Russia annexed Crimea and Ukraine asked for military aid and Obama said no which was extremely short sited

He was only in office for a term but I recall a lot of criticism about the state of the economy Clinton inherited. There were also many suggestions that he used to grope young women but maybe there were ways to keep that out of the news back in those days. Granted he didn't do as much damage as his son.

Last edited:

Latest posts